I was reading on here awhile back, and I seen that you can read a copy of it online. If someone knows where PM me. thanks.
PM Onlyme386 or e-mail me - drcossack@gmail.com and I can forward it to you.
90% of poker books are outdated.Sorry to ruin any sales thing anyone may have going in this thread.
I have 6 and I don't read them. It's rare, but the only one I do read is SS2, and that's the Triple Draw chapter.
90% of poker books are outdated.Sorry to ruin any sales thing anyone may have going in this thread.
Which books would you recommend to read that aren't outdated
Which books would you recommend to read that aren't outdated
GreensteinThat's about it.You should read the Harrington books if you play tournaments though so you know how other people will play...a lot of the concepts in that book turned out to be fundamentally -EV though.Honestly just read P5's, 2+2, here, or join Cardrunners or PXF or something as opposed to spending money on books, the content is so much stronger.
You should read the Harrington books if you play tournaments though so you know how other people will play...a lot of the concepts in that book turned out to be fundamentally -EV though.
Is this true? I thought this book was considered the gold standard on tournament play. Can you site any examples (other than the explanation of the squeeze play) that are fundamentally unsound in this book? I, and (I'm sure) many other players here would appreciate your insight.Thanks in advance,*L*T*
Is this true? I thought this book was considered the gold standard on tournament play. Can you site any examples (other than the explanation of the squeeze play) that are fundamentally unsound in this book? I, and (I'm sure) many other players here would appreciate your insight.Thanks in advance,*L*T*
I haven't read the books in awhile so I'll go from memory.The advocation of calling with most 2 cards in a head up or SB/BB situation, simply because of pot odds, which ignores the fact that even if you are ahead after the flop your hand will be so weak that you won't have any real way to know it.Also throughout the book he advocates limping quite often."M" advocates shoving weak hands, while the concept of 3 bet shoving before you get a point where you have to straight shove is far more "correct" and certainly stronger than his suggestion, but it is rarely brought up if at all.Lastly the general passiveness of the suggested play may work well in slow moving 10 day tournaments like the WSOP main event, but don't work in the average online tournament, which is what most of us play.All this stuff is my opinion and should not be mistaken for fact, FYI
I haven't read the books in awhile so I'll go from memory.The advocation of calling with most 2 cards in a head up or SB/BB situation, simply because of pot odds, which ignores the fact that even if you are ahead after the flop your hand will be so weak that you won't have any real way to know it.Also throughout the book he advocates limping quite often."M" advocates shoving weak hands, while the concept of 3 bet shoving before you get a point where you have to straight shove is far more "correct" and certainly stronger than his suggestion, but it is rarely brought up if at all.Lastly the general passiveness of the suggested play may work well in slow moving 10 day tournaments like the WSOP main event, but don't work in the average online tournament, which is what most of us play.All this stuff is my opinion and should not be mistaken for fact, FYI
This stuff rings very true in my experience and in light of what I've read in HOH. Though his advocation of "limping" seem to be in situations where overaggressiveness could put your tournament life at risk uneccessarily. I guess every situation is unique and requires "at that point" analysis. Learning everyday and thankful.*L*T*

Wow the forum is really starting to lose my respect.You all know that the only poker book that anyone should read is Play Poker Like the ProsAll this misdirection to protect the 'secret' is not how a FRIENDLY poker forum should run.Now appoligize and max bet $.02/.$04 for 20 minutes every hand to atone for this horrible display of isolationinism