UnbornSucked arse. What could have been a quality horror story devolved into a generic fx fest cribbing unnecessary elements from various better known horror films (The Exorcist, The Ring, etc) and shoving some quick cut editing in your face before completely failing to deliver a worthwhile payoff while leaving more than a few plot lines unanswered.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

This is Spinal Tap.I love Christopher Guest movies and mocumentaries in general, so I finally got around to see it. Great movie that had me cracking up about every 5-10 seconds.

"Up"A-Typically very good Pixar film. The first 10-15 minutes were just amazing. My wife was in tears and I was barely holding it together. Just a beautiful montage. I also enjoyed the talking dogs a lot (because we always wish our pug would just start talking already). The action scenes were just eh but that's a quibble.Not my favorite Pixar movie but still very very good.

"Up"A-Typically very good Pixar film. The first 10-15 minutes were just amazing. My wife was in tears and I was barely holding it together. Just a beautiful montage. I also enjoyed the talking dogs a lot (because we always wish our pug would just start talking already). The action scenes were just eh but that's a quibble.Not my favorite Pixar movie but still very very good.
I have watch this and indeed it's very enjoyable. Up is storytelling at its best. The adventure film takes audiences through the full spectrum of emotions, with action and thrills mixed with comedy and suspense.
I have watch this and indeed it's very enjoyable. Up is storytelling at its best. The adventure film takes audiences through the full spectrum of emotions, with action and thrills mixed with comedy and suspense.
can you dumb it down a little for me?
ChangelingThis is a great movie. I overlooked it, but a friend recommended it to me and I'm glad I saw it. It is a sad movie, but I think a better word would be frustrating. Along with that there were moments of triumph. The balance of the triumph and tragedy is what made it a good movie for me. It wasn't a downer movie which I heard some people say about it.Although this movie did get some award attention, I thought it should have got more. Angelina Jolie did a great job.The saddest part of the whole movie is at the very beginning when it said "A True Story."
where did you learn how to write? it sounds like you filled in some pre worded form with blanks for the adjectives.

September IssueI really liked it--it's a good looking movie (I think too many documentaries look flat and dull). I particularly liked the exquisite office politics, and in general, I like seeing women in movies who are unabashedly successful and motivated in their careers.

Pather PanchaliIndian cinema classic; neo-realist (India's equivalent to Bicycle Thieves and The 400 Blows). Incredible slice of life from rural Bengal province in the 1920's.An absolute must-see for cinema fans. Music by Ravi Shankar.

I watched Get Smart on HBO yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it wasn't good. It had some funny moments but overall it tried to be funnier then it was.

Shutter IslandBoth wife and I thought it was a great psychological thriller from Scorsese, not his greatest but definitely one of the best movies playing at the theater right now.

The Invention of Lying - I thought it was hilarious and thought the dialogue was great. If you have difficulty suspending reality don't bother watching it.(500) Days of Summer - Another very good movie. An interesting story about interesting characters told in an interesting way...very enjoyable.Up next is A Serious Man.
Good movie. Now I want to go back and watch the old Disney version.
Get really high and or drunk, and start the Disney version (with the volume off) at the exact same time as the Beatles Love album. It is a life changing experience.
(500) Days of Summer - Another very good movie. An interesting story about interesting characters told in an interesting way...very enjoyable.
I also watched it this week, thought it was a great little movie. The editing was very well done, how it all came together.
Shutter IslandBoth wife and I thought it was a great psychological thriller from Scorsese, not his greatest but definitely one of the best movies playing at the theater right now.
I think Shutter Island has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long, long time. Robbie Robertson was the music supervisor and picked some great, weird modern composers--Adams, Ligeti, and I think Penderecki. Yummy.

AvatarWell I definitely waited to the last minute to see this and maybe the hype took away some of the shock and awe.Visually spectacular. This is my first 3D movie since I was a kid some 30 years ago watching 3D movies on TV where you got your blue and red lensed (that is not a word right?) glasses in the newspaper. It took awhile to get used to but after 2 hours I was still amazed at what I was seeing. During the fire scene I swear the realism of the hot embers floating made me smell smoke. For this it was a great experience worth my time and money.Story-wise. Meh. It was definitely a James Cameron story, no doubt. It had some decent moments and it had moments that would have probably put me to sleep if not for the visual awesomeness. This will not be a movie I would rent or buy on DVD because if I am not watching it in a theater in 3D it really won't be something I would want to see again. But glad I watched it and can now move on with my life.