• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Oscars! I want Hurt Locker to win--I know one of these days a female director is going to get the Oscar, and I don't want it to be for some crappy romcom, where we all Learn Something.If not Hurt Locker, then Up! The further I get from it, the more I think about it, the more I think it's pretty perfect.Regarding Julie/Julia and Meryl Streep--one of the funnest things was her enthusiasm. I read the blog in real time, and I was sorry to see the movie shaving away Julie Powell's abrasive bits.I'm hoping for really great things from Lovely Bones. That was the book I wished I had written. Same people as Heavenly Creatures...I'm seeing a screening of The Road tonight, although I haven't read the book.

• 2 weeks later...

The Taking of Pelham 123Travolta was an awesome bad guy as expected. Denzel was in nice guy mode, I like super angry Denzel better. It was an entertaining action flick. There were some parts that were cheesy though. I understand that movies are not real life, and things that wouldn't ever happen in real life, happen in movies. For people who saw the movie here are the things I thought were kinda dumb:Wow fail, for some reason my spoiler alert thing is not working. Anyways, there were some parts in the movie that would NEVER EVER HAPPEN in a hostage situation, and I'll leave it at that. I give it a solid B just because it was entertaining.HeroPretty good kung fu movie starring Jet Li... it's in subtitles. It's about a lowly guy in the military hundreds of years ago when China was separated into 7 different territories. The leader of the largest army in one of the territories wants to take over all the territories to make it into one big country. In the way are three different assassins that Jet Li has to off in order for the leader to be successful. Beautiful cinematography, cool kung fu action, good story. The last 30 min or so the story started to get confusing though. I give it a B+.

Oscars! I want Hurt Locker to win--I know one of these days a female director is going to get the Oscar, and I don't want it to be for some crappy romcom, where we all Learn Something.If not Hurt Locker, then Up! The further I get from it, the more I think about it, the more I think it's pretty perfect.
Hurt Locker was good but I thought it lost some of its momentum after the scenes where the new guy came in and took control. The scenes at home and after that were kind of slow as I remember.Though the guy was obviously a badass, not give a **** kind of a guy. You gotta respect that.

There was nothing outstanding about The Hurt Locker, nothing really poor either but it shouldn't be considered for best picture. It was barely a good movie. Didn't Tarantino make a film this year, that should get best picture.

"Network". Old movie from the 70s that I hadn't seen before. Pretty good, and at least mildly thought provoking.
Antichrist.Disappointed. Did not come through as promised.
I do not understand how you can come away from Antichrist "disappointed". I can imagine a LOT of other emotional states, and I'm really not saying you should have enjoyed the movie, liked the movie, or thought it was a good movie. But "disappointed" baffles me.

Amelia, with Hilary Swank and Richard Gere. Not great, rather leaden. Seemed perfunctory, like everyone involved just mailed it in.

I do not understand how you can come away from Antichrist "disappointed". I can imagine a LOT of other emotional states, and I'm really not saying you should have enjoyed the movie, liked the movie, or thought it was a good movie. But "disappointed" baffles me.
Well I will try to unbaffle you. When I ordered it, it said extreme violence and sex. It didn't deliver on those points. But I read somewhere (wikipedia, I think), that there was an american version and I may have seen that one with the more extreme scenes edited.But essentially I was bored with it.
Well I will try to unbaffle you. When I ordered it, it said extreme violence and sex. It didn't deliver on those points. But I read somewhere (wikipedia, I think), that there was an american version and I may have seen that one with the more extreme scenes edited.But essentially I was bored with it.
yeah you must have seen an edited/censored version of the movie. it definitely 'delivers' on those points.
"Network". Old movie from the 70s that I hadn't seen before. Pretty good, and at least mildly thought provoking.
One of my favorites...Shortly after Howard Beale declares he's going to kill himself on the air to help boost ratings, all Hell breaks loose. This is a snippet of the dialogue:Control room: "What the **** is going on?"Newsfloor, sotto voce: "Howard, they want to know what the **** is going on!"Howard Beale, behind the broadcast desk:"I can't hear you."And this is within the first 10 minutes or so! Some of the drama is a little leaden and dated, but the screenplay is stellar. Love Robert Duvall in this, among others.

Just seen the 4th kind 2 days ago after 2012 was sold out and well.. it will definetly make you think and wonder if this kind of thing really happens, was a lil creepy and at times jumpy id give it a 3/5 "also 2 days later and im still thinking bout this sht lol"

• 2 weeks later...

Angels and DemonsI liked this movie a lot! Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet. Action packed the whole way through. I think I liked this one more than Da Vinvi Code just because I liked the storyline more. So obviously I liked the Angels and Demons book more also. I read the book awhile ago so I forgot what happens which made the movie better.It would be cool if the next movie would be Deception Point, but if there is another movie it will probably be for the most current Dan Brown novel: The Lost Symbol. I thought Deception Point was the better book, but it would probably be harder to adapt into a movie. The Lost Symbol seemed like it was written with the idea that there would be a movie for it.

The HangoverIt is essential for everyone to watch R rated raunchy comedies with a group of people. I thought Old School sucked (saw it by myself), Beerfest funniest movie ever (group of people), Anchorman sucked (by myself) Wedding Crashers and Step Brothers awesome (group of people).I saw The Hangover by myself and I thought it sucked. If I saw it with friends I would probably be laughing hysterically. I didn't think Zach Galififdnsnsjdk was funny at all and he seemed to be what everyone was raving about. It just didn't do it for me.So I recommend that people see this, well you don't really need my recommendation since it got rave reviews and made tons of money. But please don't ruin the movie for yourself, see this with a group of people.

The HangoverIt is essential for everyone to watch R rated raunchy comedies with a group of people. I thought Old School sucked (saw it by myself), Beerfest funniest movie ever (group of people), Anchorman sucked (by myself) Wedding Crashers and Step Brothers awesome (group of people).I saw The Hangover by myself and I thought it sucked. If I saw it with friends I would probably be laughing hysterically. I didn't think Zach Galififdnsnsjdk was funny at all and he seemed to be what everyone was raving about. It just didn't do it for me.So I recommend that people see this, well you don't really need my recommendation since it got rave reviews and made tons of money. But please don't ruin the movie for yourself, see this with a group of people.
I'm fairly certain that this advice should only be followed by you... since based on the movies you mentioned, this is a problem with only King Tanner.
I'm fairly certain that this advice should only be followed by you... since based on the movies you mentioned, this is a problem with only King Tanner.
maybe.. maybe not.It's like there are some movies that are only good if you are intoxicated. I saw Caveman (with Ringo Starr) while I was drunk of my ass, funniest movie of all time. I bought it the next day, watched it again, and it was the dumbest movie of all time.Same thing with movies being funny only if seen with a group. Maybe it's only a problem with me, I just think that the more well known comedies are funnier if with a group of people. Maybe I will do a research project on this lol.