You know how I know you're a 16 year old virgin nerd?
Ya got me EXCLAMATION POINT Is this some sort of bastardized version of 'you are what you eat?' So, I watch a movie and recognize it's brilliance which somehow makes me similar to one of the characters........neat. I'm going to think hard about what movie to watch next. I'd call you a pratt but, 1. I don't know how to spell it, and 2. I'd expect you to come back with the old rubber/glue retort. Most importantly, 40yr Old Virgin quotes shouldn't be used when referring to the genius that is Napoleon Dynamite.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Ya got me EXCLAMATION POINT Is this some sort of bastardized version of 'you are what you eat?' So, I watch a movie and recognize it's brilliance which somehow makes me similar to one of the characters........neat. I'm going to think hard about what movie to watch next. I'd call you a pratt but, 1. I don't know how to spell it, and 2. I'd expect you to come back with the old rubber/glue retort. Most importantly, 40yr Old Virgin quotes shouldn't be used when referring to the genius that is Napoleon Dynamite.
"You know how I know..." is a 40 Yr Old Virgin thing? I didn't know that...I kind of liked Napoleon Dynamite and it had some amusing moments. Kind of reminds me of Wes Anderson in its delivery, only somewhat less refined. I'll be happy having seen it only once. It's far from "brilliant" though.

The Express. Not half bad. decent football scenes, heavy handed black athletes in the south stuff. Quaid is pretty good as the coach. I like the kid who plays Ernie Davis (he was good in Finding Forrester). The guy who plays Jim Brown has a lot of the best lines in the movie.Worth seeing if it is on (and I think it is on HBO all month).

The Spy Who Came In From The ColdA gloomy black and white film from the John Le Carre book of the same name. Effective and depressing, Richard Burton stars as a disaffected British spy who turns to drink when turfed from the Service. His only ray of hope is a librarian he meets, played by Claire Bloom, but Cold War machinations undermine any possibility of redemption.

The Spy Who Came In From The ColdA gloomy black and white film from the John Le Carre book of the same name. Effective and depressing, Richard Burton stars as a disaffected British spy who turns to drink when turfed from the Service. His only ray of hope is a librarian he meets, played by Claire Bloom, but Cold War machinations undermine any possibility of redemption.
sounds good. I'll have to check it out.
sounds good. I'll have to check it out.
It's not at all like a Bond movie, which is totally fine with me. Burton is excellent and Oskar Werner is in it and you'll probably know him from later movies in which he played Nazis and such. Enjoy.
It's not at all like a Bond movie, which is totally fine with me. Burton is excellent and Oskar Werner is in it and you'll probably know him from later movies in which he played Nazis and such. Enjoy.
Will do. :club:

Year One - The first ten minutes were absolutely hilarious. Michael Cera delivered some amazing lines in a way only he can. Unfortunately, those first ten minutes were misleading as the rest of the movie was pretty mediocre. Jack Black was Jack Black, and Cera continued to be funny but couldn't save the film. Deserves its 5 rating on IMDB. Could have been a whole lot better.

Just got off a cruise ship... watched a bunch of movies.Star Trek. I liked it a lot. There could have been more villain time though. Also, too much old Spock. The scene at the beginning with young Captain Kirk stealing the car with Beastie Boys "Sabotage" playing was an awesome scene.Marley and Me. That dog was horrible, the couple was even more horrible for not training him. I thought Jennifer Anniston should have died.Paul Blart. Meh, I chuckled a few times.The Cooler. I didn't really like this although I think the critics liked it. Just not my cup of tea.Mama Mia. Sat through most of this. Good lord.Taken. I've seen this before, but watched it again. Very good movie.I watched a few other things but don't remember what they were.

I liked Mama Mia. But I like that kind of thing.I watched Dinner With Andre and I'm 'bout to watch Interview With The Vampire which I've never seen. I've read The Vampire Lestat which I liked and the first couple awful chapters of The Queen of the Damned.

I liked Mama Mia. But I like that kind of thing.I watched Dinner With Andre and I'm 'bout to watch Interview With The Vampire which I've never seen. I've read The Vampire Lestat which I liked and the first couple awful chapters of The Queen of the Damned.
Meryl Streep is starting to get aggravating. How can she be so good in every thing she does?I just can't watch most musicals. I liked older ones like Singing in the Rain. I even liked Chicago a little bit which is more current. I almost killed myself after watching Moulin Rouge.

I thought The Cooler was really good. Love William H Macy and Alec Baldwin.Saw Inglourious Basterds twice. Loved it.Saw District 9. Liked it.

M*A*S*HI saw it years and years ago. It's still funny, and I had forgotten Tom Skerrit was in it.I was a little disappointed in the extras--I think if you're interviewing about a movie you worked on 20+ years ago, you should dish the dirt, and talk about what really happened. (The shining example of this is Blade Runner. Loves it.) I've heard M*A*S*H was a troubled shoot, with Altman not getting along that well with his cast. I'd love to hear why, and it's not like these people (Sutherland, Gould, Duvall...) aren't going to work again, irregardless of what they say.

Adventureland - I don't know. There was some good parts but the writing was a little weak imo. I think you were supposed to root for him and the twilight girl to hook up but either she was a bad actress or the writing made me not want him to pick her. Coraline - good movie. Big Gaiman fan so I was looking forward to seeing it. Wish I had 3D glasses though.

M*A*S*HI saw it years and years ago. It's still funny, and I had forgotten Tom Skerrit was in it.I was a little disappointed in the extras--I think if you're interviewing about a movie you worked on 20+ years ago, you should dish the dirt, and talk about what really happened. (The shining example of this is Blade Runner. Loves it.) I've heard M*A*S*H was a troubled shoot, with Altman not getting along that well with his cast. I'd love to hear why, and it's not like these people (Sutherland, Gould, Duvall...) aren't going to work again, irregardless of what they say.
Oh, man...those are two of my all-time favorites. I totally agree with you about dishing the dirt. How many times are we gong to have to hear someone say "All we did was laugh on set". Bullshit. M*A*S*H is sofaking great...So many nice little set-pieces (the football game, Japan, Hot Lips in the shower, etc) and so much awesome dialogue ("Who am I? I am the pro from Dover, and this is my favorite caddy."). The Altman technique really shines for this movie.Bladrunner is a whole 'nother thread imo.

Watched Sunshine Cleaning (wife's pick) over the weekend. Almost a good movie, but not quite. Thank GOD the chicks in there were hot. Amy Adams and Emily Blunt. Didn't recognize Emily Blunt from anything else, but for some reason her character made me want to do naughty things to her!Wedding Crashers (My pick) of course we laughed all the way through it. Gotta love Chazz! And of course Vince Vaughn is super hilarious!

Max Payne. Wasn't terrible until the last 1/4 of the movie.I played the video game once years ago, but did not know the back story. I thought it was about Angels and Demons, not drugs and hallucinations.