• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I know one thing... I've lost some respect for the sports guy. At least he got NCFOM correct.
And I heard him say how stupid No Country was until his buddies Dave Dameshek and Adam Carolla talked about how much they loved it. He's kind of a douche and I don't think he's very smart, but for some reason I still read most of his stuff and listen to his podcasts.
National Treasure might be the stupidest ****ing movie I've ever seen.
Rescue Dawn
I ate so much rice after I saw that movie.
Hope you didn't store it in your poop tube.

I Love You, Man - eh, I was disappointed. The first half hour was slow and hardly had any laughs. Picked up in the middle and then trailed off again. I expected more I guess.District 9 - Intense. Still don't know how I feel about it though. I think I liked it. Just not very enjoyable, if that makes any sense? But I will see the sequel when it comes out.

AdventurelandI saw it when it was in the theaters, and really liked it, so this was a rewatch for me. It gets a little draggy, and I don't understand the appeal of Kristen Stewart, but the rest of it is still good.It feels like a dreamy, endless summer at a dead end job. And I liked (as always!) the class differences that came up.

I Love You, Man - eh, I was disappointed. The first half hour was slow and hardly had any laughs. Picked up in the middle and then trailed off again. I expected more I guess.
I saw this also. I felt like I was watching a chick flick. It wasn't bad, but nothing I'd watch again. I chuckled at some scenes, no laugh out loud funny parts though.They really didn't need to make this rated R. Hearing the girl from The Office say the F word was just awkward.
AdventurelandI saw it when it was in the theaters, and really liked it, so this was a rewatch for me. It gets a little draggy, and I don't understand the appeal of Kristen Stewart, but the rest of it is still good.It feels like a dreamy, endless summer at a dead end job. And I liked (as always!) the class differences that came up.
I really enjoyed Adventureland too, having recently seen it on DVD.Kristen Stewart, if you ignore the fact that she's a cracked out socially awkward person in real life, comes across as the perfect girl in this movie. Damaged, beautiful, low standards... I fell in love with her when I watched this movie the same way I fell in love with Penny Lane during almost Almost Famous.You know how I know I'm gay?
Kristen Stewart, if you ignore the fact that she's a cracked out socially awkward person in real life, comes across as the perfect girl in this movie. Damaged, beautiful, low standards...
This is where I respectfully disagree. I don't find Kristen Stewart attractive, and if she is, only in the way, where if you're at a dead end summer job, she would be something to look at. I'm going to try to watch Sugar tonight.

I watched Sugar. (Full disclosure, I have an especial weakness for sports movies. My litmus test? If I don't care if the featured team/player wins or loses the game, that's when I feel like I've seen a great movie. See: Rocky, Rocky Balboa, Friday Night Lights, etc.)Sugar is less of a baseball movie, and more of a movie about a kid from the Dominican Republic, who comes to America to play professional baseball. The movie features a real ball player, so that part looks right and true, but the story telling thrust is really about his internal journey.It was written and directed by the same team that did Half-Nelson (which I have not seen). It looks great, good use of cinematography and locales, etc. I see and enjoy a lot of quiet movies, with smaller storylines. I really liked this one.

Knowing - despite having Nick Cage in it, I really liked it.I had heard the ending was terrible, the only thing I had a problem with was:

When the kids were dropped off on the other planet, they were just left in a wheat field at like 10 years old by themselves. No shelter, no adults, no food and no explanation or even insinuation that something else would be provided.

Maybe they told them on the way over. I guess it's pretty cool he's gonna get to bang that girl out in the open fields whenever he wants.

I saw Wanted for the second time. It must be nice to go to work and have the freedom to smack people with keyboards then quit.Also I saw Hangover which I think is the best movie so far of 2009.