• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I don't really "get" some of the Dark Knight complaints. The first is a common one and the second is just one some guy said. I forget who and I don't care to look. It doesn't matter anyway.1. Batman voice: I can get why people find it "annoying" but how often does he talk? it didn't affect me at all.2. The city is no longer dark: well they didn't show us the "narrows" which was the primary horrible part of the city. remember what the 2nd worst Rachel Dawes said to him in the first movie? Bruce said something about Gotham looking ok or I can't remember what exactly he said but she was all like "it's worse than ever in the Narrows" which when said at the least implied other parts were "getting better" or "not that bad" (my point would be a lot better if I just rewatched that scene really quick but whatever I do what I want). It wasn't the whole city that was crap. The really bad part was the "underground" which they slammed into our heads by making her drive her car underground to get there. Also, Batman's been around for a year and he's been cleaning things up. The city had turned a corner and was on the cusp of not really needing Batman. That's why the Harvey Dent character was so important. Having it be the same as before wouldn't make sense.

Also, Will Smith was an excellent actor in Fresh Prince. He was obviously going to make it. I didn't get the same feeling from Foxx, of course that may have been from him not being in a leading role, but whatever.
lol. Smith was obviously charasmatic on Fresh Prince, but I didn't think there was anything obvious about the fact that he'd become a 25 million per movie star from watching that show.
I knew J Foxx was the real deal after I saw 'Any Given Sunday'.
This
lol. Smith was obviously charasmatic on Fresh Prince, but I didn't think there was anything obvious about the fact that he'd become a 25 million per movie star from watching that show.
Well then, you should make sure to ask me more questions... so you can learn from the best.
I don't really "get" some of the Dark Knight complaints. The first is a common one and the second is just one some guy said. I forget who and I don't care to look. It doesn't matter anyway.1. Batman voice: I can get why people find it "annoying" but how often does he talk? it didn't affect me at all.2. The city is no longer dark: well they didn't show us the "narrows" which was the primary horrible part of the city. remember what the 2nd worst Rachel Dawes said to him in the first movie? Bruce said something about Gotham looking ok or I can't remember what exactly he said but she was all like "it's worse than ever in the Narrows" which when said at the least implied other parts were "getting better" or "not that bad" (my point would be a lot better if I just rewatched that scene really quick but whatever I do what I want). It wasn't the whole city that was crap. The really bad part was the "underground" which they slammed into our heads by making her drive her car underground to get there. Also, Batman's been around for a year and he's been cleaning things up. The city had turned a corner and was on the cusp of not really needing Batman. That's why the Harvey Dent character was so important. Having it be the same as before wouldn't make sense.
I was the one who said that his voice bothered me. For whatever reason it annoyed me. But it was one of a long list of things I didn't like about the movie and the one I chose to post in making my post. It just made it hard for me to take him seriously when he talks somewhat normal (since he is British he not only had to fake an American accent but then fake a WWF wrestlers accent) it was fine but the batman talk was laughable to the point of annoying and unneeded. Just talk. All other batman's talked like normal people when in costume so why make Bale change his voice. I didn't mind Gotham being dark I minded the stupid things the people of Gotham did. Off the top of my head I cannot talk about specific scenes or acts that make me say this but I am sure my wife would attest to how many I times I brought this point up throughout the movie. They had to make the general population of Gotham stupid to be able to do certain things in this movie and I again was annoyed by that. But sadly I watched it and quickly stopped thinking about it. I also was never able to get completely through the batman movie before this on.Don't take anything I say to heart anyway. I already know and admit I am in the minority on TDN. I grew up never liking comics and superhero's. Never was my cup of tea and I can't think of any DC comics movie I liked enough to watch a second time. For whatever reason this genre does nothing for me entertainment wise.
RE voiceIIRC they explained this in the first one. Obviously, he has a secret identity and can't have people he interacts with guess his identity based on his voice so they included a modulator in the suit. Now all these people griping about the voice are probably the same people that would've complained if they hadn't modified his voice by saying "How does Gordon not recognize his voice?!?" Lighten up people, it's not a documentary.
RE voiceIIRC they explained this in the first one. Obviously, he has a secret identity and can't have people he interacts with guess his identity based on his voice so they included a modulator in the suit. Now all these people griping about the voice are probably the same people that would've complained if they hadn't modified his voice by saying "How does Gordon not recognize his voice?!?" Lighten up people, it's not a documentary.
That was not a modulated voice, that was Bale lowering his voice and trying to sound tough. As stated above, I could never get through the last movie so I was unaware of the use of a modulator on the suit and I don't go out an by fictional schematics of the suit at my local Borders but if that is the case then why not ACTUALLY MODULATE HIS VOICE. Might help idiots like me not laugh at how retarded it was to have Bale do what he did. The old batman movies never had clooney or kilmer or keaton sounds like a WWF wrestler in the suit so your last point doesn't fit me.I get why he has to change his voice, I am slow but not that slow, but in today's day and age, you might actually then try to modulate his voice since that was the story you created. Just lazyness IMO.
Just realized I wasted my 1000th post discussing this movie. GODDAMMIT
at least you can change your title now

I always prefered how they did the voice in BTAS (that's Batman the Animated Series). His Batman voice (deeper) was his real voice aka the one he used around Alfred and his Bruce Wayne voice (higher) was his fake voice. or at least that's how I viewed it. Though, in the cartoon, he might've been more of just Batman whereas here he's more of a real person being Batman to solve the problems of the city.I'm pretty sure that Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney changed their voice whilst being Batman. If they didn't then shame on them.

I always prefered how they did the voice in BTAS (that's Batman the Animated Series). His Batman voice (deeper) was his real voice aka the one he used around Alfred and his Bruce Wayne voice (higher) was his fake voice. or at least that's how I viewed it. Though, in the cartoon, he might've been more of just Batman whereas here he's more of a real person being Batman to solve the problems of the city.I'm pretty sure that Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney changed their voice whilst being Batman. If they didn't then shame on them.
I was looking about this afternoon and found a clip of Kilmer and keaton and they did use a deeper voice but it was nowhere near as drastic and overdone as Bale's.

In Bruge.Really really loved it. It had 2 Irish main stars so it always had that going for it. The movie was done by Martin Mcdonagh an excellent award winning playright. So it had that play feel to it.It seems to be an either love it or hate film. I just seen it last night and I am dying to see it again.Theres so many good one liners in, I'm sure I will laugh even harder watching it the second time. It's serious and sad moments were somehow very acceptable besides the crazy funny flow of the movie. Very intelligent unique movie, suited me down to the ground.Brendan Gleeson(Irish one of my favourite actors ever) Ralph Feines and Colin Farrell. I have been beginning to respect Colin Farrell a bit lately and this movie just speeded up the process

I didn't mind Gotham being dark I minded the stupid things the people of Gotham did. Off the top of my head I cannot talk about specific scenes or acts that make me say this but I am sure my wife would attest to how many I times I brought this point up throughout the movie. They had to make the general population of Gotham stupid to be able to do certain things in this movie and I again was annoyed by that. But sadly I watched it and quickly stopped thinking about it. I also was never able to get completely through the batman movie before this on.
I'm not baiting you or arguing but I basically don't know what you mean and if its true I didn't notice whatsoever, I'd like to hear what you mean if you can remember them.
In Bruge.Really really loved it. It had 2 Irish main stars so it always had that going for it. The movie was done by Martin Mcdonagh an excellent award winning playright. So it had that play feel to it.It seems to be an either love it or hate film. I just seen it last night and I am dying to see it again.Theres so many good one liners in, I'm sure I will laugh even harder watching it the second time. It's serious and sad moments were somehow very acceptable besides the crazy funny flow of the movie. Very intelligent unique movie, suited me down to the ground.Brendan Gleeson(Irish one of my favourite actors ever) Ralph Feines and Colin Farrell. I have been beginning to respect Colin Farrell a bit lately and this movie just speeded up the process
"YOURE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!!!"(Using gayest voice ever) Loved it!!

Burn After Reading: wasn't expecting much but it was very enjoyable.X-Files Movie (the second one): eh, terrible writing and terrible directing and I fell asleep near the end.Slap, I will ask my wife if she remembers what I swearing about during the movie :club:

Marley and Me

The dog dies

save your $9

Thank god you posted that,

My wife wants to see it and if that is what happens she will freak out and be pissed. So this not only saves her the emotional moment, it saves me from having to watch it.