Mallrats-I've seen both Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob. I loved the second Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob so I had high expectations for Mallrats. It was good. It was not great but it was entertaining. Now I gotta see Chasing Amy and Dogma.
i liked chaseing amy dogma meh
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

assassination of jesse james

It was nicely done, felt like I was really in a nice old camp fire story, but basically I didnt get the whole assassination. He's the sharpest bastard ever, a bit insane but why would he randomly let his guard down. You can argue that upon the realisation that his two closest henchman were going to kill him he just decided he could never get away from it alive and this was the moment, but he was in his own house with his kids so no way he would let that happen. Maybe I need to read the proper history or basically all sort of events happened but we only have the story of the "heroes" but that scene ruined it for me. I know no background so one fact could change it for me but the killing ruined a nicely done movie.

you watch a lot of movies - do you do anything else with your time?
I have a program on my computer that lets me watch movies at twice the speed. So I can watch an entire movie in under an hour and I use my netflix a lot.
Jesus christ.
can't.stop.laughing.....that answer was sooooo much better than anything i could have imagined.
Dude we think too much alike. I was honestly laughing out loud and thinking the same thing while scrolling down and reading what you wrote.

El G, you'd have to stand up for over an hour AND you'd be talking on a PAY phone. I don't think you know what it's like to have to pay for a phone call. Even though in this case, you'd just pick up a pay phone that's ringing. Still, you'd need to know how it feels to have to pay for a phone call. You think you know...but you have no idea.tts

Eastern Promises-it was good. Nothing great but entertaining. What was with seeing Viggo's dick during that entire bathroom fight scene?My take on the View Askew universe:Clerks-amazing for a 27k budget, a little boring for a movie.Mallrats-wasn't great but wasn't terrible, yet all the characters were memorable.Chasing Amy-pretty entertaining but the story reminded me of stories I've seen on sitcoms.Dogma-great. Hilarious and the cast was awesome.Jay and Silet Bob Strike Back-the best Kevin Smith movie. Jay and Silent Bob are the funniest characters and I'm glad they had their own movie. This movie also ties back to the other the most. This was the first Kevin Smith movie I saw and when I watched it again after I've seen the others, it was better. I got a lot more of the jokes (like when Affleck said something about still dating a lesbian, and what all of the characters said when they were coming out of the screening of Bluntman and Chronic). Also had a fantastic cast.Clerks II-title is a bit un-original, but the movie was great. My View Askew movies from worst to best: Mallrats, Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Clerks II, Jay/Bob

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Boring as sin, and they mumbled so much I had to have the TV up half way and still had to rewind it a bunch. We tried two separate nights to get through it and could not. Anyone want to tell me what happens in the last 45 minutes or so?andSS24 you are a terrible terrible movie watcher. I did not know that was even possible, but if it wasn't you have now made it possible.

SS24 you are a terrible terrible movie watcher. I did not know that was even possible, but if it wasn't you have now made it possible.
How so? I actually think I am the perfect movie watcher. I watch movies in many ways and I have an open mind to them. The main way I watch is to see if the movie is entertaining, which is the reason movies are made. If you think that movies are made to send a message, you're wrong. They're meant to make money and if they can't make money, studios don't release them, even if it had a great meassag. But I also watch for good actors, stories, directing, effects...I don't want to brag, but I think I'm great.
How so? I actually think I am the perfect movie watcher. I watch movies in many ways and I have an open mind to them. The main way I watch is to see if the movie is entertaining, which is the reason movies are made. If you think that movies are made to send a message, you're wrong. They're meant to make money and if they can't make money, studios don't release them, even if it had a great meassag. But I also watch for good actors, stories, directing, effects...I don't want to brag, but I think I'm great.
Because you like bad movies and don't like good movies. Putting Mallrats as the worst Kevin Smith movie is just plain unacceptable.
Because you like bad movies and don't like good movies. Putting Mallrats as the worst Kevin Smith movie is just plain unacceptable.
What's your list of Kevin Smith movies?
Napoleon Dynamitefor the umpteenth time... still funny
And you can say I am bad at watching movies when there are still people who find Napoleon Dynamite funny?
What's your list of Kevin Smith movies?And you can say I am bad at watching movies when there are still people who find Napoleon Dynamite funny?
I have never really ranked them, but umm off the top of my head.ClerksMallratsDogmaJay & SBClerks IIChasing AmyJersey Girland BTW that was just my most recent example of you asinine views on what movies are good/bad.
And you can say I am bad at watching movies when there are still people who find Napoleon Dynamite funny?
:Jim Halpert mugging to the camera face:
Well, you're idea of entertaining is what most people consider retarded.
Like which movies? I thought Dark Knight was entertaining...did most people think that was retarded?
i found dark knight entertainingi also think i watch movies prob like you....i want to be entertained first and foremost....just give me 90 minutes of non sensical violence with some gore mixed in...a somewhat believeable story and im in.
How so? I actually think I am the perfect movie watcher... I don't want to brag, but I think I'm great.
I have a program on my computer that lets me watch movies at twice the speed. So I can watch an entire movie in under an hour and I use my netflix a lot.
I don't think this post got enough attention. You want to know why everyone thinks you're a terrible movie watcher? Start with this god damn post.
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Boring as sin, and they mumbled so much I had to have the TV up half way and still had to rewind it a bunch. We tried two separate nights to get through it and could not. Anyone want to tell me what happens in the last 45 minutes or so?
I liked the start, the volume was terrible, watched it with GF, so we just changed it from hebrew subtitles to english subtitles and then I could watch it in peace.

Basically it just continuosly builds Jesse up as a smart wily guy and Afflek gets smarter and cheekier. Him and his brother are Jesses only two henchmen, and Afflek gets his brother in on the killing of Jesse. Then randomly when it appears Jesse figures out the two will kill him that day and they are all in the same room and James has complete control, he says "that picture is dusty", takes off his gun that he never takes off, goes up starts dusting the picture and Afflek shoots him in the head and hes dead. They were in Jesses house and his kids were there so it makes no sense. Then it shows the life of Afflek, where he thought he would be a hero but everyone thinks hes a coward and starts to hate him, and people write songs about how Jesse James was betrayed by a coward etc. Affleks brother kills himself and eventually Afflek is assinated by a random person who never met jesse but killed him because of it, he is released 8 years later after over 10,000 people signed a petition. Thats it.

I wrote my confused reaction to it, on the last page(maybe 2)

What's your list of Kevin Smith movies?And you can say I am bad at watching movies when there are still people who find Napoleon Dynamite funny?
I never said that... I made a comment on 'paying' theater prices to see a movie twice in one month... I was really just wondering if you had a sweet set-up that got you in free.I have such a set-up at the Yankees but I hate them so I rarely use it. (brag)Back on topic:Dumb and Dumber
I liked the start, the volume was terrible, watched it with GF, so we just changed it from hebrew subtitles to english subtitles and then I could watch it in peace.

Basically it just continuosly builds Jesse up as a smart wily guy and Afflek gets smarter and cheekier. Him and his brother are Jesses only two henchmen, and Afflek gets his brother in on the killing of Jesse. Then randomly when it appears Jesse figures out the two will kill him that day and they are all in the same room and James has complete control, he says "that picture is dusty", takes off his gun that he never takes off, goes up starts dusting the picture and Afflek shoots him in the head and hes dead. They were in Jesses house and his kids were there so it makes no sense. Then it shows the life of Afflek, where he thought he would be a hero but everyone thinks hes a coward and starts to hate him, and people write songs about how Jesse James was betrayed by a coward etc. Affleks brother kills himself and eventually Afflek is assinated by a random person who never met jesse but killed him because of it, he is released 8 years later after over 10,000 people signed a petition. Thats it.

I wrote my confused reaction to it, on the last page(maybe 2)

Thx. I am glad I did not finish it then. That sounds horrible. I don't know the Jesse James story well enough to figure out if the movie was accurate at all, but It seemed too far fetched to be so. They seemed to try and give the characters a certain depth that just was not there. I don't know, it just did not work for me. The only thing I liked about the movie were the few scenes with Sam Rockwell, that dude cracks me up.