• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I don't know who that is, but he sounds awesome like me.

I wouldn't say I'm bagging on it. I've always found things like that funny in period movies. My favorite is in really old time period movies when everyone has really nice straight teeth.

I still haven't seen Django, but I really want to.

My favorite is in really old time period movies when everyone has really nice straight teeth.

Must be why Kiera K is so popular in old set movies.

Friends With Benefits: Pretty terrible, but Mila Kunis in underwear for half the film certainly made it bearable. Shaun White has a ridiculously awful cameo/bit-part.

We Need to Talk About Kevin: Didn't hate it, but watched it early Saturday morning. Miserable film to open a weekend with, but not bad in its own right. Is it fun to watch a school-murdered grow up? Not really, but kind of interesting.

The Paperboy: Fantastic acting by many, really good plot detail/scenery, but the story just wasn't told very well. A different director/writer probably could have made this really good. Nicole Kidman also does some weird stuff in it, and John Cusack visibly ejaculates in his pants, so there's that.

Paul: Tolerable, but not very good.

Parental Guidance

Not good, not worth seeing.

There's a line in the movie that places Billy Crystal at 58. Without checking, is this right? He's one of those guys who's been old forever.

Parental Guidance

Not good, not worth seeing.

There's a line in the movie that places Billy Crystal at 58. Without checking, is this right? He's one of those guys who's been old forever.

Did you pay to go see this or go see with your kids (if you have kids)?

I only ask, because this doesn't seem like the type of movie you would pay to see unless you had to.

No, I don't have kids. I saw it on the Fox lot at a Friends and Family screening.

Next movie I want to see: Zero Dark Thirty (rewatch on big screen), Hobbit, maybe Lincoln.

This doesn't seem like the type of movie you would pay to see unless you had to.

You get me.

I don't know when it happened, but Russell Crowe actively repels me. His voice, his face--I just don't want to look at him on the screen. I usually separate fact and fiction, people whose work I admire from their personality traits.

Yeah, but he's also a terrible singer. Wait, that didn't come out right.

I actually liked him in Les Miserables because he's a good actor, but he really can't sing. I thought the movie was incredible though.

These movies are on netflix for those who haven't seen them.

Brake - Most might call this a clone of Buried but I thought it had a much deeper story to it and didn't feel quite as confined. You actually get to see the outside world in spurts and it had more characters & complexity to it. I liked it.

Seeking Justice - Nicolas Cage has been pumping out average at best movies left & right for money over the past few years but once in a while a good one pops up, this was by far his best one from 2011 (He did 5) and I think it's a bit underrated. It's storyline was fairly original and has a couple of good twists to go along with it. It's definitely worth a watch, a solid thriller to kill a night.

Finally watched Brokeback Mountain.

It was an okay movie. The sex scenes weren't as bad as I originally thought they would be. I thought Heath Ledger did a great job, and it enhanced my view of him as an actor since the last movie I saw with him was DKR.

In fact, those are the only two movies I've seen with him. I know he was in the knight movie with Richard Gere (?). Any other recommendations?

Memento

It was my first rewatch of this, since I saw it in the theater. It really holds up, and I was so happy to see a Nolan movie I like without reservations. (I thought Inception was the most uptight dream ever, the third Batman didn't need to be made.) I know Guy Pearce has been working steadily, but I feel like he's not as big of a star as I think he should be. He's so beautiful and weird in this movie. I'd like to see him in an unabashed, straight ahead love story.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Bobby Elvis from Sons of Anarchy.

In fact, those are the only two movies I've seen with him. I know he was in the knight movie with Richard Gere (?). Any other recommendations?

You certainly do not know that.

He was in the Patriot. You haven't seen that? Do you hate America or something?

yeah i think he confused heath ledger and sean connery. which seems hard to do.

the patriot was tits when i was a kid. that scene where mel kills all those redcoats after they kill his boy is magically bloody.

• Like 1

the third Batman didn't need to be made.

I'm not sure it didn't need to be made, but it certainly didn't need to be made the way it was.

"Hey, I have a good idea. Let's have a small band of criminals be able to take and hold the entire city of New York hostage for 4 months."

"That's gold!"

If you meet someone who hasn't seen the Nolan Batman movies, and only has time for two, which two do you recommend?

In DKR, Batman gets 2+ hours into the damn movie before any heroic, sacrificing acts.