• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

In the scene we see side butt for like 2 seconds, and full butt for 1/2 a second. I felt cheated.
Yeah, but there's a slow-mo gif kicking around, so...Let Me InSurprise! This one was pretty good. It's a remake of the original Swedish film (these seem to be fairly common, these days). The pace was unusually slow and measured. The plot revolves around a bullied teen (the kid from The Road) who befriends a young girl who turns out to be something other than normal. Their scenes together that illustrate the bond they form are the heart of the movie. The overall tone worked really well, even with a few instances of sudden violence.7/10
Let Me InSurprise! This one was pretty good. It's a remake of the original Swedish film (these seem to be fairly common, these days). The pace was unusually slow and measured. The plot revolves around a bullied teen (the kid from The Road) who befriends a young girl who turns out to be something other than normal. Their scenes together that illustrate the bond they form are the heart of the movie. The overall tone worked really well, even with a few instances of sudden violence.7/10
Blech. Watch the original, it's way better, and makes more sense in terms of the characters' motivation. The American version totally fucked up when it came to the girl's older "friend". It completely changes the way the audience views her and her feelings towards the boy, I think in a bad way.
Blech. Watch the original, it's way better, and makes more sense in terms of the characters' motivation. The American version totally fucked up when it came to the girl's older "friend". It completely changes the way the audience views her and her feelings towards the boy, I think in a bad way.
I'll check it out, then. Still, I enjoyed this movie a lot more than I expected.I thought the Swedish version of Insomnia was better than the American one.I guess hopes are higher for the Dragon Tattoo girl movies, wich weren't bad but could get better...
Yeah, I should have been less snobby about that. In a vacuum, the American version is a fine movie too.
In a vacuum, it better be one short-ass movieAnd, yeah, I had no frame of reference and had never heard of this film. Sometimes that works in favour of the movie, sometimes it doesn't (like when I saw 25th Hour by accident...I didn't like it one bit, but I'd probably give it another chance if I felt I had 2 hours and it happened to be on TV)
nd, yeah, I had no frame of reference and had never heard of this film. Sometimes that works in favour of the movie, sometimes it doesn't (like when I saw 25th Hour by accident...I didn't like it one bit, but I'd probably give it another chance if I felt I had 2 hours and it happened to be on TV)
I feel like that just means you didn't like 25th Hour, which is a valid opinion.
vanishing on 7th streeta 'wake up and almost everyone is dead' story, only not all that interesting. it really felt like they were spinning their wheels for about 4/5's of it, no development of anything at all.33/100.
This honestly could've been a great movie, but it was just so poorly written & executed. When I watched the trailer for this I shut it off mid way through because I thought it looked great and didn't want it ruined. The ending was such a horrible horrible let down

You can't have the main character dude who we follow all along die in half a second without any suspense leading up to it. Like POOF he's gone and it ends with the boy and girl riding away on the horse as if we're suppose to believe her stupid light up "solar power" shoes would be strong enough to keep the boogymen away... there was no freakin daylight to power them... Also I don't know why they didn't just make a big bonfire instead or relying on the generator.

Also, if a movie has John Leguizamo in it, I should just come to expect it's going to suck. So far I've hated every character he's ever done, including him in spawn.

down

You can't have the main character dude who we follow all along die in half a second without any suspense leading up to it. Like POOF he's gone and it ends with the boy and girl riding away on the horse as if we're suppose to believe her stupid light up "solar power" shoes would be strong enough to keep the boogymen away... there was no freakin daylight to power them... Also I don't know why they didn't just make a big bonfire instead or relying on the generator.

yeah, i thought about the fire angle, expected it to happen when they lit the torch-- realize the safety it gives, start lighting up buildings. but no.

also:

thinking now, i wonder why half the city wasn't lit up like day after a goddamn

plane

crashed and exploded on it.

just saw Drive. first movie I've seen in the theater since 1208 or whatever the hell that dumbass thing was a few years ago. also: the best movie I've ever seen in a theater hands down. I loved this movie so much I actually DID take it out behind the middle school and get it pregnant. "drive 2: back to the trailer park" coming out in september 2012. but no really, I thought it was fantastic. when I walked out of the theater I actually felt jittery and tingly, like the same feeling you have when you almost get into a wreck or something. it was just that tense.

Wasn't this the first time Perlman's character was around too? To be honest, I don't remember the music at all, but I do remember the menacing vibe you're talking about. I attributed it to Perlman's presence, but maybe there was a subconscious thing going on with the music.

yeah I remember this scene very well. it was one of those scenes where at the time I even thought, yeah, this is setting up for the rest of the movie. this means they're going to battle (that sounds gay but I can't think of a better way to put it right now).another scene that really stood out to me like that was the one where the driver was watching tv with benicio, and he asks him if the guy is a gad guy, and benicio says yeah, and they go on about how he could tell and what not. I'm still not really sure how that was significant in the movie, but I know it was. that sounds stupid yeah, but fuck it.also, yeah, ron perlman. jesus christ that dude's ugly. I mean wow.

another scene that really stood out to me like that was the one where the driver was watching tv with benicio, and he asks him if the guy is a bad guy, and benicio says yeah, and they go on about how he could tell and what not. I'm still not really sure how that was significant in the movie, but I know it was. that sounds stupid yeah, but fuck it.

I think at that point the Driver hadn't done anything "bad" yet. I mean, yeah, he's a getaway driver, but he does this whole speech how he doesn't carry a gun, he doesn't do anything but drive. And then they have these scenes with the girl and the kid and Bernie talks about what a great guy he is and all that. You look at him and you don't necessarily see anything menacing about him. Of course, we find out later that he most definitely does have that in him. So I think that was the idea behind that scene.

127 hours. I enjoyed the cinematography and james franco. some scenes were very hard to watch though.

the part where he was cutting through his nerves almost made me puke

127 hours. I enjoyed the cinematography and james franco. some scenes were very hard to watch though.

oh yeah... that was the hard part to watch. I almost forgot which part that was in the movie.

I thought James Franco's intelligence really sold it. I always believed he was the type of guy who smart enough, and determined enough to jerry rig his way out. The wrong actor, and the film is terrible. The hardest part for me to watch was the sequences leading up to the accident. Going back to Ron Perlman's face--I mentioned it because I think I know what he looks like. He's Ron Perlman, he's been in tons of stuff. I was really into the movie (Drive) and maybe 40 minutes in, all I could do is stare at him. His big, weird face stretched out across that big screen. I started wondering about genetic disorders, or some sort of accident. His face, it can still surprise.

Loved 127 hours. I liked all of the scenes, it felt very real. Unfortunately it's just one of those movies I only want to watch once. There's zero re-watch value in it for me, so I'll never own it.

I enjoyed 127 hours also, but I wouldn't say I loved it. And I agree, I wouldn't watch it again. that is not a dig at the movie, which was very well made, I just have no desire to buy the DVD or watch it again.

What makes you decide you need/want to own a movie. I don't have that urge for many, and usually when I want to rewatch something it's on the big screen.I own:RushmoreLOTR More, but right now those are the only two I can remember.

What makes you decide you need/want to own a movie. I don't have that urge for many, and usually when I want to rewatch something it's on the big screen.I own:RushmoreLOTR More, but right now those are the only two I can remember.
I buy almost every movie that I rate as Netflix 5-stars. The exceptions are the movies that are excellent, but hard to watch (i.e. Schindler's List). I buy Netflix 4-star movies that are comedies or action movies because they work well for background viewing. You know, just something to have on while you're doing something else.I probably own 300+ movies.