• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Yeah, whoever said Samuel L Jackson wasn't being Jacksony is ****ing insane. He is at the height of Samuel Jacksonyness in Black Snake Moan.

I always thought there should have been a comedy sketch (SNL?) using John Travolta and the Welcome Back Kotter set. Travolta could do the Vincent Vega thing and Jackson could play Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington as Jules Winfield might.

I always thought there should have been a comedy sketch (SNL?) using John Travolta and the Welcome Back Kotter set. Travolta could do the Vincent Vega thing and Jackson could play Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington as Jules Winfield might.
Adam Sandler as Horshack?
Yeah, whoever said Samuel L Jackson wasn't being Jacksony is ****ing insane. He is at the height of Samuel Jacksonyness in Black Snake Moan.
I saw it once and I literally stared at Christina Ricci the entire time. OKAY???<grin>
I saw it once and I literally stared at Christina Ricci the entire time. OKAY???<grin>
touche
There is such a thing. Well not quite like you mentioned but it's an SNL Sketch with John Travolta on the Kotter set. I think it's called Quentin Tarantino's Welcome Back KotterUp your nose with a rubber hoseUp your gizzard with a rubber lizard

Steve Buscemi

comes in and starts a fire fightWelcome back. Welcome back. Welcome back. Welcome back.

the sketch is Reservoir Dogs not Pulp Fiction

There is such a thing. Well not quite like you mentioned but it's an SNL Sketch with John Travolta on the Kotter set. I think it's called Quentin Tarantino's Welcome Back KotterUp your nose with a rubber hoseUp your gizzard with a rubber lizard

Steve Buscemi

comes in and starts a fire fightWelcome back. Welcome back. Welcome back. Welcome back.

the sketch is Reservoir Dogs not Pulp Fiction

Ha...déjà vu all over again!If Coppola had been a procrastinator, would he have titled his movie Apocalypse Later?

Rotten tomatoes shows a movie called Gunless being released this weekend in theatres, and set for an August DVD release.http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gunless/I'm a bit confused, because I'm like 98% sure I've seen this movie before, and not particularly recently. I honestly don't remember how I watched it. I definitely didn't illegaly download it. It was either on TV, or I rented the DVD, or rented it from Bell Pay Per Vu.Is this getting re-released or something?

Rotten tomatoes shows a movie called Gunless being released this weekend in theatres, and set for an August DVD release.http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gunless/I'm a bit confused, because I'm like 98% sure I've seen this movie before, and not particularly recently. I honestly don't remember how I watched it. I definitely didn't illegaly download it. It was either on TV, or I rented the DVD, or rented it from Bell Pay Per Vu.Is this getting re-released or something?
IMDB says it came out in like May of last year and didn't do particularly well, I have no idea why they'd be re-releasing it.

Super 8. I really really loved the kids. I also loved the first half. The 2nd half really broke down for me, but whatever. It was still a good summer movie.

(I'm still super annoyed that the kids amazingly thought to look for his stuff at his office, instead of torturing and killing the dude. Seriously Abrams? Seriously? I hate that sort of shit in movies. It's so lazy. I equally hate that the Air Force showed up after like 3 days at his office at the exact time the kids were there. I really really hate stuff like that.)

Harry Potter 7.2Really really good. For me, it's review proof. I'm a huge fan of the books, and have enjoyed the movies, especially the last three.
Saw both movies in a double feature last night, fantastic way to wrap up the series. The movie was pretty perfect, I have no complaints.
The Last WordWes Bentley, Winona Ryder and Ray RomanoIt was decent. I liked it for the most part, but there were a few moments I thought were less than ok.Does Winona Ryder have Parkinson's and not know it?

The TouristStupid, overly convoluted bait and switch plot with a poor screenplay that even Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie can't save. Almost everything in this movie misses the mark, exccept for the locations. The British accents laid on by Depp and Jolie are just plain silly. A tragic waste of decent actors (Paul Bettany and Rufus Sewell, among others) contributes to the overall failure.Movies like this will be joyfully devoured by people looking to fill up their lives with fluff and dreck, but I think this movie is barely worth seeing.3.5/10

(I'm still super annoyed that the kids amazingly thought to look for his stuff at his office, instead of torturing and killing the dude. Seriously Abrams? Seriously? I hate that sort of shit in movies. It's so lazy.

This reads as if you're saying the kids should have turtured and killed the teacher. But maybe you're saying the military should have thought to search his office. I'm guessing they did search his office, but didn't realize he had a locked trailer thing out back where he kept the students' confiscated materials. And they probably wouldn't think to ask the principal of the school if he knew if his employee had a secret stash of crap somewhere on the property. They didn't want anyone to know the teacher was involved in the first place.

I equally hate that the Air Force showed up after like 3 days at his office at the exact time the kids were there. I really really hate stuff like that.)

It seemed like they knew the kids were there, didn't it? Maybe someone caught a glimpse of them going into the school grounds and called for backup.

Saw Winnie the Pooh today. It was just....great. Simple, sweet, touching, nostalgic greatness. I highly recommend anyone with kids go see it on a rainy day at the 2pm matinee with a theatre full of children. They were all GLUED to the screen for the duration (contrast that with Cars2 where all the kids were bored silly in 15 minutes). The only complaint I have is that it is very short - even with 15+ minutes of trailers (Muppets!) and Nick insisting we stay for the credits I was in the car 75 minutes after the lights went down. Oh bother.