Watched Moonrise Kingdom (2012) for the first time ever last week and was absolutely blown away. Tremendous film, easily makes my top 5. When I finished, I immediately started it over and watched it a second time.
Other movies I saw:
Ford v Ferrari  
Knives Out  

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

• 8 months later...

Greenland - big gerard butler fan, as you know. really good movie. really well done, i would give it 4/5 stars.  really love movies this like.

The Tomorrow War - it was fine. could have been better. I kind of feel like Chris Pratt mailed it in, but maybe he was going for understated. i won't go into the plot holes, but there were a few big ones. 

• 2 weeks later...

The worst movie I've seen recently is The Midnight Sky.  Clooney should be ashamed of that mess.  (His acting is fantastic.  His direction is horrific.)

I haven't even heard of either of those movies you mentioned.  I'll check out Greenland.

• 2 months later...

Watched 'Parasite' recently, and although I haven't actually seen any of the films it beat out for best picture I think it's probably deserved. I've loved all of Bong Joon-Ho's prior films for their uniqueness and absurdism and this was no exception. The best I've heard it described is as a more perfect version of Snowpiercer. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 6:46 AM, Olive00 said:

Watched 'Parasite' recently, and although I haven't actually seen any of the films it beat out for best picture I think it's probably deserved. I've loved all of Bong Joon-Ho's prior films for their uniqueness and absurdism and this was no exception. The best I've heard it described is as a more perfect version of Snowpiercer. Highly recommended.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was miles better than Parasite.