It's a horror movie, dawg, not Casablanca. I don't spend my time picking out the plot holes and logic inconsistencies of horror movies. I judge them on what they are and are trying to be.

This.

Although I'm probably the same with all movies.

Which is why I might be the only member of this forum that thought Crash was a great movie.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Are we talking about the Crash that everyone loved when it came out but then promptly never cared or thought about again as soon as Oscar season was over, or the Crash about people who sexually fetishize car accidents? Because I support the latter.

• Like 2

Are we talking about the Crash that everyone loved when it came out but then promptly never cared or thought about again as soon as Oscar season was over, or the Crash about people who sexually fetishize car accidents? Because I support the latter.

the good Crash was filmed in Toronto. Cronenberg is a good freaky Canadian.

Are we talking about the Crash that everyone loved when it came out but then promptly never cared or thought about again as soon as Oscar season was over

This one.

Although the other sounds interesting as well.

deborah kara unger always made me fell funny in the pants. I couldn't tell much else about the other crash...

foto_1677_4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Jurassic Park/world: whatever the newest one is called

Maybe I just haven't watched a JP movie in a long time, but I feel like they used to take themselves a little more seriously. This thing is like pure B monster movie schlock from the opening scene. Just a completely ridiculous movie that I kinda enjoyed.

I think it's been like that since The Lost World, when Malcolm became the returning hero with a daughter in trouble, and the parent T-rex's searching for their stolen baby.

The weird "make scarier dinos through gene splicing technology" angle has certainly been overused these last two films, which, for a theme that wasn't great to begin with, does not add anything as it gets overplayed.

I want an Armageddon 2 in 10 years, but instead of a disaster action movie, it's a introspective movie, about the crushing weight of expectations and failing to live up to them. It focuses on Ben Affleck's character, whom if you remember Bruce Willis sacrificed himself to save, and go take care of his daughter. Well, it's 30 years later, and Ben and Liv Tyler are long divorced. Ben is an alcoholic, living off the fame saving the world but never accomplishing anything. Isolated and lonely, he tries to re-connect with a daughter he barely knows and tries to come to grips with the fact that his life was ultimately not worth saving by Bruce, and decide if it's too late to change that.

I would watch the hell out of that movie. It sounds a little like Better Call Saul. My only issue is that it stars Ben Affleck, who I hate.

ben affleck is great in the correct role for him and he's a pretty good director. the TOWN is a great movie, and i'm a big fan of live by night and the accountant. you know what, i'm a ben affleck fan. i'm an affleck family fan because casey is my guy too.

I would watch the hell out of that movie. It sounds a little like Better Call Saul. My only issue is that it stars Ben Affleck, who I hate.

I was thinking more The Wrestler, but more TMZ and social media gossip/memes and less steroid use

Christ, finally an opinion I agree with, and I can't truly get behind it because it makes me feel like a bad lib.

it's okay to admit that i'm right 99% of the time, your liberal friends haven't made it illegal yet.

• Like 1

I'm not saying you should like Annihilation, but comparing it in any way to a blockbuster action franchise is just plain wrong. The movie knows exactly what it's doing (which, again, feel free to hate) (and it's also not doing very much with the book as source material).

• Like 1