I'm going to be honest. I can't believe you even watched it. They would have to pay me to sit through anything with that trailer.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

• 2 weeks later...

I hate superhero movies and it looks horrible. I haven't seen any of the recent superhero movies going all the way back to the first "new" Avengers. I hate movies with two (or more) indestructible forces throwing each other into buildings for 2 hours. I'm really really surprised at how popular they are. They make me irrationally angry.

I hate movies with two (or more) indestructible forces throwing each other into buildings for 2 hours.

The MCU is not the DCEU.

Just watched infinity war. It was a boring collection of set pieces and action scenes that each amounted to the exact same scene: Some combination of marvel heroes fighting Thanos unsuccessfully. Pretty much no plot other than the basic outline that was established in the first 10 minutes.

Also, wtf was Thanos doing for the last 6 years? His whole plan took like 1 day to carry out.

• Like 1

It was a boring collection of set pieces and action scenes that each amounted to the exact same scene: Some combination of marvel heroes fighting Thanos unsuccessfully. Pretty much no plot other than the basic outline that was established in the first 10 minutes.

So, a normal superhero movie then?

So, a normal superhero movie then?

Yes pretty much. I did enjoy the first avengers movie and the first iron man, and dead pool. Anything else I find mindlessly entertaining but I don’t go out of my way to see them. Only reason I saw this one in theatres is we are hosting a couple of Chinese exchange students for a couple weeks and they really wanted to see it.

Blade runner (final cut)

I watched this a couple of times about 15 years ago, I really did not enjoy it. I don't know which version I watched originally, probably the director's cut. It is a movie I have been meaning to re-watch for awhile now. My wife and I decided we were going to watch the new one this weekend, and she hadn't seen the original yet, so we watched it the other night.

I was only like 18 or something the last time I watched this movie, so I figured I might enjoy it more as an adult. It is, after all, widely considered one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. I went in with an open mind, really expecting to like the movie this time, but alas, no.

It is a beautifully shot movie, more than I remembered, I expect this latest version got some re-mastering. But Jesus, this movie kinda sucks. The acting is bad. The dialogue is bad. The character development is painfully bad. There's a scene when Rachel goes to Deckard's apartment. She tells Deckard she is not a replicant, he tells her she is, in fact, a replicant. She gets sad. He feels bad. BOOM, character development. Deckard is now pro-replicant for the rest of the movie and he is in love with Rachel now too. The script just kind of jumps from scene to scene. Things aren't really explained at all. I don't expect to completely have my hand held by a script, but a little bit of direction would be nice.

I know a ton of people love this movie. I don't think I've ever had such a huge disconnect from the public and critical perception of a movie. I'm watching 2049 tonight.

• Like 1

It's not nearly as good as a movie like Ex Machina, but Ex Machina was handcuffed by being basically on one set. That's a movie that needs to be a trilogy or something, with a hero instead of a super-nerd as protagonist.

Blade runner 2049

I thought this was awesome. Much better execution of an interesting concept. Absolutely gorgeous movie. Wish I could have seen it in theatres.

Wonder

Shameless crowd pleaser, but pretty well done. Good characters and all around enjoyable, but forgettable. Was a nice change of pace after the grimness of back to back Blade Runners.

• Like 2

Blade runner 2049

I thought this was awesome. Much better execution of an interesting concept. Absolutely gorgeous movie. Wish I could have seen it in theatres.

I'm really glad i did. IT was beautiful

• 3 weeks later...

Deadpool 2

I liked the first one a lot and this is more of the same, which is a good thing in my books. entertaining all the way through, which is more than I can say for every other superhero movie I've watched in the last few years

Only the Brave

I didn't know anything about the story going in. I thought it was a well done, fairly entertaining military/sports team/male bonding type story with likable characters. I had no idea about the tragic ending and there is no sense of impending doom in the lead-up to the ending which usually happens with stories like this, so the end was an emotional gut punch. There is a scene where the lone survivor walks into the gym where all the families are waiting to find out what happened that is one of the most emotionally devastating scenes I have watched in a long time

Annihilation

Solid concept, piss poor execution. They demanded increasing levels of suspension of disbelief in order to allow the characters to do things or situations to unfold they way they needed to. The climax was Signs-esque its moronic simplicity. The "twist" ending was something they ripped off from the thriller video.