• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Split

You should see this movie for James McAvoy performance alone. I was a little unsure of how to feel about the twist, and was even more unsure when

Bruce Willis showed up.

Then I did a little reading, and it turns how the entire movie is really just one big

super villain origin story, and it all ties in with Unbreakable.

8.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

king arrthur.

the 2004 version starring clive owen. it was a disgrace to the story. keira knightly looked good though.

as far as king arthur goes it's Excalibur or go **** your mother.*

*monty python is acceptable in some circumstances

Deepwater Horizon

Very good. Very good tension build up throughout the whole movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it, despite my Wife's Aunt reading out loud from the Deepwater Horizon Wikipedia page WHILE THE MOVIE WAS STILL GOING ON. I just about caught a murder charge.

• Like 1

Didnt you just say that about Manchester by the Sea as well? They don't give out multiple best picture awards. Just so you know for future reference.

And I meant it when I said it. But having seen both, HELL OR HIGH WATER was the better film. But two of the best I've seen in a long damn time.

Didn't see it, Thera. Shia has abandoned his true fans and has succumb to the liberal agenda. You hate to see it.

Seeing that it lost like 200 million, I wouldn't hold my breath.

John Wick 2

god damn. This somehow surpassed my expectations. I deeply regret not seeing this in theatres. I hope Keanu Reaves makes nothing but John Wick sequels for the rest of his career.

• Like 2

The Edge of Seventeen

Trailer was better than the movie. Still fairly enjoyable but dragged at points. 95% on RT was misleading. Woody Harrelson was the highlight.

John Wick 2

god damn. This somehow surpassed my expectations. I deeply regret not seeing this in theatres. I hope Keanu Reaves makes nothing but John Wick sequels for the rest of his career.

this is why i can't quit you.

• Like 1

Arrival

I loved it. I could see the last third being a little hokey for some people, but I was all in. It's a close race between arrival and Hell or High Water for my favourite of the best pic nominees from last year.

From what I've seen, I'd rank 'em:

1. Arrival

2. Hell or High Water

3. Lion

4. Manchester by the sea

5. La La Land

6. Hidden Figures

Haven't seen Fences, Hacksaw Ridge, or Moonlight yet.