Hail, Ceaser.

coen brothers need to step it up. movie was not good.

You're super wrong. This was an incredibly well executed movie inside a movie inside a movie. I need to watch it again.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Split Friday night.

Firstly, some of the best acting I've ever seen. That guy seamlessly transformed himself in to different characters and was incredible to watch on-screen, that alone is worth the ticket.

It was a different movie than I expected. Don't go in expecting a horror movie, it's a long build up but worth it.

Also don't read anything about this movie online, there is (of course) a great twist at the very end that you don't want to know about.

Go ahead, watch it again. Every man can be an idiot if he wants too.

I just saw it again this week because of all your nonsense. Still great.

Saw Split Friday night.

Firstly, some of the best acting I've ever seen. That guy seamlessly transformed himself in to different characters and was incredible to watch on-screen, that alone is worth the ticket.

It was a different movie than I expected. Don't go in expecting a horror movie, it's a long build up but worth it.

Also don't read anything about this movie online, there is (of course) a great twist at the very end that you don't want to know about.

It's a Shamalayan flick, so I'll force myself to watch it somehow with the hopes he can redeem himself. From the moment I saw the trailer, I immediately thought it would have been so much better if Spacey played the bad guy. But then again, it's a Shamalayan flick.

I'm watching it right now, and I'd like to apologize for not taking your recommendation sooner. The first 20 minutes are perfect film making. This movie is awesome.

it really is a good movie. Just forget that it's Canoe in the lead and enjoy.

I love the Continental hotel. They don't waste a bunch of time going into the lore of it. It just exists in the movie's universe, and everything about it is great.

• Like 1

I love the Continental hotel. They don't waste a bunch of time going into the lore of it. It just exists in the movie's universe, and everything about it is great.

Yeah, I LOVED how they didn't explain anything, and just dumped the viewer into this universe. THe first 20 minutes are spectacular story telling, so efficient. The movie paradoxically created this whole world, but was also very lean. The action was great and bonkers. The story is absurd but the movie miraculously makes it work. I loved it.

• Like 1

Didn't care for it, actually more like didn't care for the second half of it. Its failures were because they did too much of what they didn't do in the first one. The creators just made some poor choices. I have a feeling this one was heavily meddled with by studio execs and that's why.

I would go see this however

• 3 weeks later...

Logan 9/10

Seriously, the best comic book film since Dark Knight Returns in terms of realism and grit.

Top notch acting from Jackman and Stewart, as well as the main baddie. The special effects are kept to a minimum and the story is heavily driven by the dialogue, with the exception of the mandatory action scenes. Which, in their own right, are extremely well done.

Recently saw Get out (excellent! Most interesting horror movie I've seen in years, amazing premise) and Moonlight. Moonlight is truly beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. I knew nothing about what it was about going into it, and I came in completely fresh knowing nothing other than it was a "black" movie. I will say this, if male homosexuality and vulnerability bother you, then skip it this movie. But I thought it was really incredible film making and moving in few ways movies are anymore.

I'm shocked that it won best picture, to be honest.. It's more of a Toronto Film festival winner, than an Oscar movie.. It probably benefitted from the #OscarsSoWhite controversy of last year, because La La Land is more typical of an Oscar winning movie, but I don't really care, because Moonlight was incredible, and deserved it.

Recently saw Get out (excellent! Most interesting horror movie I've seen in years, amazing premise) and Moonlight. Moonlight is truly beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. I knew nothing about what it was about going into it, and I came in completely fresh knowing nothing other than it was a "black" movie. I will say this, if male homosexuality and vulnerability bother you, then skip it this movie. But I thought it was really incredible film making and moving in few ways movies are anymore.

I'm shocked that it won best picture, to be honest.. It's more of a Toronto Film festival winner, than an Oscar movie.. It probably benefitted from the #OscarsSoWhite controversy of last year, because La La Land is more typical of an Oscar winning movie, but I don't really care, because Moonlight was incredible, and deserved it.

Guarantee Moonlight sucks.

HoHW felt like a partial story to me. I felt the characters were superficially developed and were standard archetypes. It wanted to be a modernized Frank and Jesse James but fell short.

And Suited, do you not like Top Gun Moonlight because all the homoerotic tension makes you confront some things about yourself you're just not ready to confront?

• Like 1