• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Sicario. Interesting in that movies like this, about the nihilistic spook, getting revenge, is always from the spook's POV. This was from the POV of someone in the Spook's orbit, who still has a developed sense of morality. It makes it much murkier for the audience to root for the orgy of violence the spook unleashes.

• 3 weeks later...

Rogue One @ IMAX3D

7.5/10

dragged a bit at times. michael gracciano (sp?) did the soundtrack, and nowhere near as good as williams. acting was solid from everyone. character development was meh. special effects and action were top notch as expected

Vader has one major scene in the last 5 minutes. It's short, but really frickin' awesome. Had they focused more on him I think this would have been a much better movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hateful Eight.

My thoughts as I was watching it.. How long is this friggin' movie?

My thoughts as it ended..Really? That's it? That's how this movie ends? FU Tarantino.

My thoughts tonight after having 24 hours to process everything...I think I loved that movie.

• Like 2

Kubo and the two strings

This movie was badass. One of my favourite animated movies in years. Maybe my favourite since Ratatouille. The animation is really stunning, the story is great, and the humour is subtle, and complimentary, unlike pretty much every other animated movie that hits you over the head with jokes from beginning to end. I wouldn't even call this a kids movie.

• Like 1

85% fresh from critics, but only 44% of the public, because the public doesn't care about Hollywood navel gazing, the public goes with it's gut, and it's gut was not jiggling with laughter. I mean brvy. This guy. I mean really. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 1

Quit trolling me, Big D. You know it's a great movie. Very similar numbers to Intolerable Cruelty, which is also great.

I've tried watching it 4 times and I just can't get interested. And I normally get a chuckle out of hollywood insider humor. Picture a terribly constipated man on the toilet. Red faced. Vein in the forehead popping. Just pushing and praying. That is the image that came to mind when I tried watching it.

the coen brothers are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves. quit making these shitty jerk off hollywood bullshit movies and give me another no country or lebowski already.