BvS

Wasn't as bad as the reviews and such made it out to be. There were definitely a few flaws and the third act was a bit of a mess but overall I enjoyed. For me, Eisenburg's Luthor was definitely the worst part.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

proof (2005).

paltrow crushes it. gyllenhaal is less believable as a math guy, maybe it is the script but the character seems a little dumbed down. anthony hopkins does a fine if not exceptional job. the sister was maddening, but she was supposed to be, so: well done! paltrow crushes it.

could have used more actual math.

83/100.

chappie (2015).

i don't know, man. i just don't know. i think i'm negatively impacted by hoping for some laughs this morning and not realizing this wasn't that movie.

58/100.

No, it's just not very good.

It doesn't seem very good, but I stand by the concept of Ultraviolent SHORT CIRCUIT Reboot With Glaring Race Issues/Awful Performances

SGnwracQ_normal.jpg

i am clearing some movies off the pvr. i don't stream any, so i record random stuff to watch. eventually i feel like watching movies & work my way through some of them. i also have all of this season's bates motel & better call saul to get through. for those it'll probably be 2 a day once i get rolling.

Brooklyn

it was decent. Nothing particularly memorable or amazing about it. My wife's choice for a movie, I only agreed because it had 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Seems egregiously high.

I pretty much loved Brooklyn. Every single detail from set design and wardrobe to numerous historical nods of mid-twentieth century Irish immigration was incredibly well executed and thought out.

night before. pretty much a dumpster fire but some amusing bits. best parts were the mr. green interludes.

• 2 weeks later...

Captain America: Civil War.

I think I'm getting too old for these movies, because while I thought it was good, the universal gushing praise of it puzzles me. One thing I can't stand is the shaky camera fight scene thing. I can't see a ****ing thing that's going on and it just makes my head hurt. I wish these directors would learn how to film. That's one thing I loved about the Revenant's raid scene, it wasn't a god damn shaky cam.

• Like 1

I don't even watch superhero movies anymore. I made an exception for Dark Knight Rises, after Heath Ledgers performance saved the Dark Knight, but man do I wish I could take that back. Rises is a horrible movie; but I have a feeling I would like it way more than most of the crap coming out every other month. I can't stand those shaky cam, spinning quickly fight scenes. I'm even annoyed if I accidentally see part of a trailer for one.

PS: I don't consider Guardian of the Galaxy a superhero movie, I consider it a comedy. I can always be talked into a movie if it's top billing is "comedy".

I saw First Monday In May twice in a week. FLAMAZING.

It's a documentary about the Met Fashion Ball hosted by Vogue. The doc had about a year's worth of incredible access, and is perfect. I loved seeing Anna Wintour, the fashion people, the rich people, and all the non-profit drama. It is absolutely a higher version of my life.

Each year the ball has a theme, the theme for the year in the doc was "China: Through the Looking Glass." The editors chose to keep in a significant amount of racism, workplace side eye, and general shitty elitism. I loved this movie.

Avengers: Civil War

I liked it, lord jesus was it long.

• Like 1

I saw First Monday In May twice in a week. FLAMAZING.

It's a documentary about the Met Fashion Ball hosted by Vogue. The doc had about a year's worth of incredible access, and is perfect. I loved seeing Anna Wintour, the fashion people, the rich people, and all the non-profit drama. It is absolutely a higher version of my life.

Each year the ball has a theme, the theme for the year in the doc was "China: Through the Looking Glass." The editors chose to keep in a significant amount of racism, workplace side eye, and general shitty elitism. I loved this movie.

sold

It's some of the best elitism and racism I've seen in a long time + actresses being super actressy.

don't care about that last part, but you really got me with this.

• Like 1

It's some of the best elitism and racism I've seen in a long time + actresses being super actressy.

You know who you're pitching to, I'll give you that much.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Xmen Apocalypse

I waited years for this movie, and it's like my high school prom night all over again.

A major disappointment.

There were enough redeeming qualities that would make me recommend seeing it on the big screen. Overall, it was the weakest of the bunch. Mostly due to the acting. I feel like JLawrence phoned in her performance for this one.

6.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

Anomalisa.

Wow, another beautiful, sad, surreal Charlie Kaufman movie. This one was much smaller and more personal than the average CK movie. Well.. all of CK's movie's are intensely personal.. but they are also kind of big, in their own weird way. This wasn't at all. It was small and laser focused. Such a good use of stylized animation, for such a great effect. I thought it was truly beautiful and weird. I'm glad CK's making movies again.

I think I enjoyed this movie much than any other Kaufman movie.

I specifically loved the super low volume and almost imperceptible use of the musical score, the hyper real miniature sets working against the stop motion puppets, and also how the movie was shot and lit like a live action film. Pretty freaking great movie.

Love & Friendship

It's a Whit Stillman adaptation of a Jane Austen novella I've never read. I've seen it twice, and it's very very good. It's set in regency England, Kate Beckinsale stars with a back up of Chloe Sevigny. Recommend.