• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I'm guessing that game at one time was dragging around the body of your dead enemy

Like soccer was kicking around their head? A safe bet. The basically rides around whipping each other on horseback, it was nuts

The Big Short

Loved it. Probably my favourite of all the best picture noms that I have seen,

I loved the book, and I thought the movie did a great job of explaining all of the concepts in an easy to understand manner. I really enjoyed the constant breaking of the 4th wall, and the little celebrity interludes.

Steve Carrel was great, as was Christian Bale

nothing but the truth (2007).

that ending, man. man, that ending. i watched this after noticing vera farmiga was in it.

then she was dead, but i soldiered on. i can't dock her any points, she obviously knew what was coming and got out early.

6.5/10. i don't think that ending did what the director thought it did. 2007. he m night'd the shit out of it.

the duff (2015).

i initially thought the lead was also in detention, but i was wrong. however, this actress did a fine job for the type of movie this is. high school movies don't exactly speak to me anymore, but it was funny enough.

71/100.

When Making a Murderer starting blowing up, Bomani Jones noted that the shock it carried was mostly because we didn't realize that this stuff happened to white people, and he suggested we watch The Central Park Five: https://vimeo.com/141586599

It doesn't have the same easy gotchyas like planting evidence, and the coerced confessions are going to be less relatable to most of you when it's a black child being leaned on, but they are much more demonstrably innocent than Avery, the the subject of institutional racism is much higher stakes (to people who aren't white, at least), and most importantly the movie isn't 5 hours too long. 85/100 pitchforks.

the hateful 8. not sure what took me so long, but i enjoyed it. not as good as django, but really good.

1 django

2 pulp

3a inglorious

3b hateful

3b2 jackie b

3c reservoir

kill bills

That's a pretty bad list.

H8ful was okay, but too long. The "mystery" wasn't much of one. Good performances. Mediocre plot. More of Q's shitty tendencies than his best ones.

can you please, in the name of brvy and all things decent and right with the world, please, attempt to confine your shitty lists to your terrible thread full of other shitty (and one not completely shitty) lists you've made?

• Like 2

Suited. That's a terrible list.

I just saw Inherent Vice. Any thoughts on this movie?

It was definitely my least favorite PTA movie, by quite a lot. It seems like it would have benefited from being much much longer and having more interesting things happen. If it was a Breaking Bad type series it might be great. As is, it was just a really really shitty version of The Big Lebowski. I really liked Josh Brolin and of course Phoenix... but man. Really slow pacing, and not a very interesting plot.

I can appreciate the fact that PTA is building a world that is supposed to straddle a line between reality and drug-infused paranoia. I get that it's the 60's. The film looked great. But man, have a interesting plot. Have things happen that make even a little sense. At the beginning, Joquin didn't even know the Owen Wilson character, and with little to no interaction with him, he turns down a ton of cash to free him from a weird mental hospital? Why? That makes no sense.

I'm sure the book would explain a little more, but I'm not sure Pynchon wants things explained.

4/10

I just watched Burn After Reading.

This is the movie that Inherent Vice wished it would have been. Very similar feel, but awesome in every way.

It was just the last movie I saw, BigD. I just watched it today. But it's probably the 5th or 6th time I've seen it. First time in at least 2 years though.

It's even funnier than I remembered.

Brad Pitt is amazaballs. I'm so sad he's only in half the movie.

stranger than fiction (2006).

it has been a few years since i watched it, it still sucked me right in.

87/100.

little did qyayqi know, he was about to say screw it and bump the score up.

88/100.

not a lot. enough to make him rethink how he was scoring movies.

• Like 1

Aww Q, you big ol' sap.

i went & watched the clip, then listened to the original song. THEN i saw a version by the proclaimers. i like their music, so i gave it a listen. they slowed down the tempo of it too much. i peeked at the comments and saw a suggestion to play it at 1.25x speed. much better!

• Like 1