Well, I will admit that my expectations were extremely high for this, after synecdoche, which I think might be the best movie I've ever seen. That was such a wonderful, emotional mind ****, that I was hoping for more of the same. It wasn't that, it didn't blow my mind. But I did laugh a lot. I don't feel like the crowd appreciated how weird and funny it was, I was basically the only one laughing.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I saw it on December 29th, at a screening with a Q&A after that included CK.

Of course you did.

• Like 1

Anomalisa

It's just alright, I'd give it a C.

Spot Light

I loved it this movie. It's smart and well paced, shows the value of work. It might be my movie of the year.)

I remember the date because that's the day I got towed. It was a public screening--tickets were general purchase, and LA has tons of these types of screenings, with creative types involved. I think the Q&As are supposed to appeal to academy voters.

The q&a had Kaufmann, and two producers. The audience questions were almost all a oh how the film got made. No one asked in depth of CK story or plot. The project started off as a glorified radio play performed at UCLA. I don't know how they would have done the sex scenes on the stage.

Has anyone else seen it?

• 3 weeks later...

trainwreck - for the better part of the movie there were only 2 likable characters: the surgeon and lebron. a few chuckles in it but often found myself wondering about why there was so much heat about this flick when it came out. found it low grade even by rom com standards.

burnt - I hadn't heard much good about this. perhaps that's why I rather enjoyed it. i have to admit, they lulled me into a false sense of security enough that i didn't see the betrayal coming when it did.

trainwreck - for the better part of the movie there were only 2 likable characters: the surgeon and lebron. a few chuckles in it but often found myself wondering about why there was so much heat about this flick when it came out. found it low grade even by rom com standards.

burnt - I hadn't heard much good about this. perhaps that's why I rather enjoyed it. i have to admit, they lulled me into a false sense of security enough that i didn't see the betrayal coming when it did.

Trainwreck (5/10)

I like Amy's stand up, but why did she receive so much praise for writing this shit? I guess from all that I heard I was expecting some originality, or something groundbreaking in the ROM COM genre. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more if I saw it without hearing any of the reviews. I will say that there were a few funny scenes with Hader, Lebron, and Cena. Also, the little feminine son had it's moments, but was already done in Chuck and Larry.

Did we just become best friends?

hateful 8: it was like reservoir dogs, evil dead, and unforgiven all jerked off into the same test tube, shook vigorously and dumped it into the womb of a one set play.

the big short: the funniest movie that left me feeling righteously angry and despondent.

hateful 8: it was like reservoir dogs, evil dead, and unforgiven all jerked off into the same test tube, shook vigorously and dumped it into the womb of a one set play.

Best review of this movie I've read so far. And Since I loved Rez Dogs, evil dead and unforgiven, it makes since I'm such a mark for this movie.

Ex Machina... What a pleasant surprise. I knew nothing about it, and it was terrific

I think I've considered getting this one the last two or three times I picked out a movie, but wasn't sold. Good to know it is worth watching.

If Oscar Issac is in a starring role, you guys should just assume it's great. Lesson learned.

• Like 1

I didn't know any one who was in it, I was surprised Issac was in it. I apparently confused this movie with some other movie, that I never wanted to see. I'm sold on the writer/director. I really enjoyed 28 days later and sunshine ( which he wrote). This was his first directing job

• Like 1

Re-watched The Salton Sea, kinda forgot how much I enjoyed that movie.

I thought it was odd you were re-watching this movie and then realized I was thinking of the King of the Sultan Sea which is totally worth a single viewing.

The Horsemen.. a 1971 movie staring Omar Sharif about Pre-Colonial afganistan, and this psycho game " buzkashi." which I dont' even understand, but it's like polo but instead of a ball you drag around a corpse of a goat. A really weird movie, but compelling.

The Horsemen.. a 1971 movie staring Omar Sharif about Pre-Colonial afganistan, and this psycho game " buzkashi." which I dont' even understand, but it's like polo but instead of a ball you drag around a corpse of a goat. A really weird movie, but compelling.

I remember that game from Rambo 3.

I'm guessing that game at one time was dragging around the body of your dead enemy