The Big Short

It's good, a solid B+. Not a plot spoiler, more a tone observation

It's a movie set in a hyper masculine world, Bros being Bros. Some of the bros are more emplathetic to the audience than others. Most of them have real moments of vulnerability on the screen. Two of the characters figure out how to profit from the general amoral financial structure, and they appear to be tortured by it.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

The Revenant. This is another movie I think is being under rated critically. It's unrelentingly savage and brilliant.

I'm happy to see you say this. It looks awesome, and I planned on seeing it. Now I plan on seeing it very soon. Hopefully this coming weekend.

• Like 1

sicario

Spent the first half of the movie wondering why they made the main character a female. Spent the last half with the realization of how they had to simply to make one scene work and imagining all the other ways they could've done it.

boy scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse. it was ok bad.

scoutsguide0006.jpg

I think leo is a lock. The oscars LOVE roles where a famous actor is super "brave" and dramatically physically challenges/changes himself in the role. And brother, Leo is out there crawling around in the snow and ice cold streams/rivers with no gloves on. That's right up hollywood's alley.

Im not demeaning him at all. It's an incredible physical performance. I'm just saying the Oscars typically reward that sort of performance. Except for Mickey Roarke in the Wrassler, the motherless ****s at the academy screwjobbed him

• Like 1

if anyone ever doubts the power of hollywood's marketing ability to lead the public into acquiescing to something utterly ridiculous, just look at how they turned liam neeson into an action star at >60.

• 3 weeks later...

blackhat.

i'll see any movie michael mann direct, because he is awesome, but he needs to stop casting actors that are difficult to understand. the movie was good. not great. i enjoy hacking and all that stuff, it just's so difficult to make the interesting subject matter translate to the screen.

Gone Girl

If you want to see a long and boring who-dun-it/revenge flick, then look no further than Gone Girl. It's like Clue meets Enough, and the ending will leave you wanting more...razor blades to slit your throat (I see what I did there). While most movies wait until the final moments to reveal the big twist. This almost 3 hour snooze fest hits you in the face with the money shot at around the 90 minute mark.

4/10

I loved Gone Girl.

Attack the Block

Loved this movie. Saw it on Netflix, and had a vague recollection that it had a really good score on RT and that I'd wanted to watch it at some point. It was awesome. An Alien attack movie sort of in the same vein as Kingsman was for Spy movies, but I would say more subtle in the humour department. Only 88 minutes long. Extremely entertaining, very witty, very likeable characters.

i would disagree with it. AND I JUST DID.

I agree. Or is it disagree. I didn't like martian that much, is really what I'm saying here.

I'm not really shocked that Brvy liked the martian more than gone girl, based on the subject matter of Gone Girl.

• Like 2