The ending is pretty rushed in the book, but it sets up a whole series, so it ultimately doesn't really matter. Warning, though: The series turns into a mind-numbing philosophical debate about species extinction. So quit before that (middle of the third book?).

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

thanks for that. and to be honest, i was annoyed at the end of the movie when ender started crying about killing the bugs. i enjoyed the movie because of the whole win this battle to win all future battles thing and i don't need a philosophical discussion on the value of a sentient race we don't understand. i'll read the book because i want more on the actual battles or "simulations" once he got to the forward command post. i saw on wikipedia that the marines recommend the book for cadets/officers, so i want to see how much more the book has on that stuff. but i doubt i go on to the next book based on where the movie ended, but maybe i will feel different once i'm done with the book.

Boyhood. Ugh what a terrible film. As someone previously mentioned, the novelty of shooting a film over 12 years is the only reason this movie is hyped. I almost turned it off twice, but stuck it out and was angry that I did.

• Like 1

Pretty much agree with recent posts. Foxcatcher overrated, Boyhood boring,

American Sniper really good.

And I really didn't like Enders Game and I read the book. What made the book great was all the training school stuff and they sped through it way too much in the movie

Boyhood. Ugh what a terrible film. As someone previously mentioned, the novelty of shooting a film over 12 years is the only reason this movie is hyped. I almost turned it off twice, but stuck it out and was angry that I did.

Hmm, not sure what to say other than I disagree. I just watched it and I loved it. Didn't find it boring at all

• Like 3

Boy Next Door

It was what I thought--I wish it had been a little worse, but still excellent. JLo is a high school English teacher--she teaches the classics. The boy she bangs wants to impress her, so he gives her a copy of The Iliad. Everyone in the scene remarks what a nice gift it it--because it's a first edition.

Gone Girl

My wife suggested this, I actually had zero idea what it was about going in (Yea I'm out of touch). Awesome movie and highly recommended.

I didn't care for the last 10min. I thought the idea of Affleck's character living with her after everything was just out of left field, even to save face. Also, I was a little disappointed she really didn't get punished for anything.

Gone Girl

My wife suggested this, I actually had zero idea what it was about going in (Yea I'm out of touch). Awesome movie and highly recommended.

I didn't care for the last 10min. I thought the idea of Affleck's character living with her after everything was just out of left field, even to save face. Also, I was a little disappointed she really didn't get punished for anything.

Agree about the movie being great, but also agree about the last 10 minutes. I thought it felt a little heavy handed in pushing the Book Author's "Message" or whatever.

On a side note, I wish I could get a screen capture of my face when Neil Patrick harris' character got murdered. :o <--- somehting like that

• Like 1

Jokes on you pal, i never saw john wick.

I loved the ending of gone girl and I also haven't seen John Wick

I've got a movie recommendation for you guys.

Jokes on you pal, i never saw john wick.

I loved the ending of gone girl and I also haven't seen John Wick

Also, I'm not sure which one of these stings more.