• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I'm currently watching Election.

I have Tracy Flick working for me--she is trying to convince me how "intense" she is. She will shiv me.

I also wish Reese Witherspoon and Chris Klein only made this one movie. There is nothing either will ever do that is as good as this.

Her

Good performances but way too slow for my tastes. Not to mention creepy as hell to think this could be an actual sad, future relationship one day for lonely basement dwellers.

Her

Good performances but way too slow for my tastes. Not to mention creepy as hell to think this could be an actual sad, future relationship one day for lonely basement dwellers.

hey. i don't come on here and shit all over your lifestyle choices.

i just hope they hurry up and put Her OS in a Realdolltm.

• Like 2

hey. i don't come on here and shit all over your lifestyle choices.

i just hope they hurry up and put Her OS in a Realdolltm.

AI is going to be literally indistinguishable from human life at some point. My money is on humans just hopping into a Matrixy simulation, rather than loading the program into a pleasure model robot. If I'm banging a robot, I don't want it to act anything like a human. The cold, calculating personality of a robot is part of the kink for me.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Drinking Buddies

I liked it--Olivia Wilde felt a little mannered in her performance, but I liked how not a lot happened. The movie follows some late 20s early 30 Chicagoans as they work at a micro brewery.

I watched Jobs last night. I was intrigued by the movie, but I feel like it was only about 60% of a movie. They skipped so much stuff, then they ended it in such a weird fashion. I really wish they had covered his life even a little bit during his time away from apple, then talk a bit about how he transformed them once he came back. They just teased a little of the transformation and then...credits.

Drinking Buddies

I liked it--Olivia Wilde felt a little mannered in her performance, but I liked how not a lot happened. The movie follows some late 20s early 30 Chicagoans as they work at a micro brewery.

i wanted to like it. but it was just missing something.

i wanted to like it. but it was just missing something.

Yeah, I think I liked it because no one learns a lesson, or becomes a better person. The reason why some characters are attracted to each other (Olivia Wilde's character being messy and of-the-moment) is also the reason they don't like each other.

Not a spoiler, but discussion of something that happens towards end of movie

Jake Johnson's character was really disgusted at the sight of her apartment. She makes the wrong choices, isn't interested in some kinds of everyday work, like daily phone calls, etc.

Just watched 'The Invention of Lying', written by Ricky Gervais. Enjoyed seeing the cast he put together for this movie, lot of recognizable faces.

• 2 weeks later...

Trainspotting

It's probably been 10 years since I saw it. It's good--I remember kind of liking it, kind of resenting it at the time. I had a bunch of Anglophiles in my life, and they thought it was better than a dead baby surrounded by heroin.

I forgot Kevin McKidd is in this (Rome) and I thought there was more male nudity. Anyway, the soundtrack is great, and not too punched up. It's use made me feel like the songs belonged to the characters and story, and was not just another method of sales.

We Are the Best!

It's a Swedish movie, set in the early 80s. It follows three 13 year old girls. The friends start a punk band, administer terrible haircuts, and call boys they think are cute. It felt immediate and vulnerable, and there were scenes I had a hard time watching, because of over identification with story.

i tried to read trainspotting but could only read a few pages at a time or i started sing-songing it in my head.

I tried to read the book before I watched the movie, but I couldn't understand a thing. But, once I'd seen the movie, the words made sense to me and I blew through the book

seriously rooting for "the bad guys." Everyone one of these poorly thought out characters needs to die.

trying to watch the purge. 20 minutes in and oh my is this a stinker.

I didn't need anything more than a trailer to tell. I like the idea but it just can't work.

It could work with better actors and writers. Definitely an interesting idea, but as is, it was just a horrible movie. The sad thing is that it actually grossed about $7m more than 12 Years a Slave, which really goes to show how many people out there are willing to pay for shit.

There's a sequel coming out this year, and I'll go ahead and predict that it will be this decade's Saw.