If you meet someone who hasn't seen the Nolan Batman movies, and only has time for two, which two do you recommend?

In DKR, Batman gets 2+ hours into the damn movie before any heroic, sacrificing acts.

I don't think this is even close or up for debate. DKR is clearly the weakest of the three.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I'm not sure it didn't need to be made, but it certainly didn't need to be made the way it was.

"Hey, I have a good idea. Let's have a small band of criminals be able to take and hold the entire city of New York hostage for 4 months."

"That's gold!"

The number of people is irrelevant when you consider the weapon they had their disposal. A weapon that could wipe out the city, and that's location was unknown. It's kind of difficult for the army or whatever to just barge in there knowing they put an entire city at risk.

You certainly do not know that.

He was in the Patriot. You haven't seen that? Do you hate America or something?

yeah i think he confused heath ledger and sean connery. which seems hard to do.

the patriot was tits when i was a kid. that scene where mel kills all those redcoats after they kill his boy is magically bloody.

Oh yeah, the Patriot was a great movie, but I don't remember him as much as Gibson. I'll have to watch it again.

And the knight movie I was thinking of was First Knight with Connery and Gere. But Ledger was in A Knight's Tale. Is that worth watching?

The number of people is irrelevant when you consider the weapon they had their disposal. A weapon that could wipe out the city, and that's location was unknown. It's kind of difficult for the army or whatever to just barge in there knowing they put an entire city at risk.

You're insane if you think that threat could hold 17,000,000 people hostage for 4 months.

You're insane if you think that threat could hold 17,000,000 people hostage for 4 months.

And you're more insane to dismiss a movie's greatness because of a "logic flaw"

I guess the original Star Wars movies sucked because those explosions would never happen in real space.

I was more upset that the policemen who were underground for 4 months didn't have beards when they came out.

it's like in speed when the bus makes that 90 degree turn at 60 mph and doesn't flip over. movie ruined!

Actually, that did kindof ruin that movie. That, and the level 50 foot jump, all but yanked the viewer out of a great action movie experience.

I just saw Dark Knight Rises finally on the weekend (picked up the BD trilogy over the break). In my opinion, weakest of the 3 by far but still a great movie.

Spoilers ahead if you haven't seen this.

I was disappointed that it took so long to get batman back in to action and even longer for him to be effective. I understand he's been off for years and he's all banged up but aside from his new flying bat toy he wasn't exactly awesome (I thought Catwoman had better fight scenes).

The ending left me a little puzzled, though I think that was on purpose. Will JGC's character take over as batman or would he be Robin? I hope he stays as Robin.

Also Bain's ridiculous loud voice was annoying.

I rank them as:

1. Dark Knight (Mostly because Joker is awesome)

2. Batman Begins

3. Dark Knight Rises

The ending left me a little puzzled, though I think that was on purpose. Will JGC's character take over as batman or would he be Robin? I hope he stays as Robin.

I don't think the movie franchise will continue. They'll just re-boot it with a new director and new actors. I viewed the ending as him taking over as Batman and that his name just happens to be Robin.

Crazy Stupid Love

This movie has so much charm and charisma. I like the Jacob and Cal, Jacob and Hannah storylines.

I fast forward through the stuff with the younger two kids, and the Emily office romance.

Have Jay Mohr and Kevin Bacon ever been cast as brothers?

how many posts until Death Proof shows up? that's quite the insult

I'm not counting Death Proof or his one Four Rooms, but if you need closure, tag them on the end with Fourth Room over Death Proof.

Death Proof was fine, but it wasn't good. Q's dialogue ain't made to spoken only by women. I liked Planet Terror better, at least when I saw it at the theater.

Yeah, I felt the same way. I haven't seen either one since then though. And I think I liked the fake trailers in between the movies more than either of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Zero Dark Thirty: Super great. I found it to be much more objective than people are saying. The audio-only intro was very powerful.

Saw this last night and it was awesome. Did you see this one yet, BHeart?

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw zero dark 30. Just amazing. Maybe the best "based on true events" movie I've ever seen, incredibly gripping

Re: Torture

I can see how people can make the argument that the movie is pro torture. I wouldn't say that, exactly. What what the movie does, is argue that torture is useful, something that anti-torture advocates would argue that it isn't. But, what the movie also does is show torture's cost. Show's how utterly immoral (or at least, amoral) it is. Shows the costs on the humans who undergo it, and the ones who administer it. It's up to us to decide if the benefits out weigh the costs.