50/50What a gem! It takes your emotions for a ride throughout, from laughter to tears in minutes and it has a long lasting message by the end. Definitely recommended for a change of pace.
Sit last night and I agree.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Collateral for the first time in a while. Great directing, great acting. Not as good as Heat though.Watching Back to the Future on HBO right now.

Hangover 2It was ok. Definitely worth a watch. I thought it was slower than the first movie. I think I might have felt more of a connection to the first movie just because I have been to Vegas a bunch of times, and it is fun to hear crazy Vegas stories. The setting was the star of the first movie, Thailand doesn't have the same appeal.I thought they could have done more with explaining how the guy got hooked up with the asian girl. Also, something horrible should have happened to the dad.Galifinakis was really good, just like he was in the first movie.

I thought it was pretty cool that they showed the tranny's dick, I usually hate penis in movies, but this one had pretty good shock value.

hangover 2 was one of the most dissapointing movies of my life.
Shia Lebouf jumped the shark when he left NickelodeonIdes Of MarchThis movie was pretty entertaining, and there was some great acting. I just thought it was lacking something, like they edited out the ending or something. Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman need to headline more movies, not do these movies where they only show up for 10 minutes.
ContrabandI sort of liked it but it was extremely straight forward and the supporting cast was disappointing. I'm a big fan of Giovanni Ribisi but he just suffered in this movie. His voice is naturally cool and always plays a good drug addict but this time his voice sounded so forced that he looked & sounded uncomfortable and not himself. I hope he continues to get bigger roles though.
Couldn't disagree more. Ribisi is one of my top 3 to 5 favorite actors ever and I thought he nailed this role perfectly.I agree the movie was fairly straight forward in plot, but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.I think Ribisi was my favorite part about this movie.
Couldn't disagree more. Ribisi is one of my top 3 to 5 favorite actors ever and I thought he nailed this role perfectly.I agree the movie was fairly straight forward in plot, but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.I think Ribisi was my favorite part about this movie.
It's hard to argue anything about Ribisi because he's such a talented actor and the last guy who should be picked on in Hollywood. He's definitely one of my favourite actors as well (at least as a supporting role) so my expectations are higher for him. However... he just isn't a great fit for being the tough guy. He's far from intimidating and he already has a unique voice and shouldn't try to force it differently to be gangster. The last movie I saw with him was Middle Men (Saw it 2 weeks before Contraband) and comparatively speaking his performance was much better in MM. He plays a somewhat similar, low life, druggie but comes off much more natural on screen.

MoneyballIt was just about how I thought it was going to be. It was good, but a little overhyped. Brad Pitt definitely gave an oscar-worthy performance, I'm not sure about Jonah Hill though. It wasn't a bad acting job, just nothing stuck out for me as being great acting.

MoneyballIt was just about how I thought it was going to be. It was good, but a little overhyped. Brad Pitt definitely gave an oscar-worthy performance, I'm not sure about Jonah Hill though. It wasn't a bad acting job, just nothing stuck out for me as being great acting.
That's funny, I thought Pitt was extremely average. What about his performance was so impressive? I'm not sure I remember him showing any emotion whatsoever. Hill was good, but I think pretty much any actor could have filled that role just fine.

I guess I thought he played the role of the baseball executive really well.

I loved the scenes in the boardroom where he was shutting down the other scouts. I liked the scene where he discovered Jonah Hill's character. I thought he showed emotion in the scenes with his daughter/talking to his daughter on the phone, the scenes where he was listening to the game, and the scenes where he was contemplating what could have been with his baseball career. I liked how he interacted with the players. I just liked the whole character.

I guess I thought he played the role of the baseball executive really well. I loved the scenes in the boardroom where he was shutting down the other scouts. I liked the scene where he discovered Jonah Hill's character. I liked how he interacted with the players. I just liked the whole character.
I mean, I liked these things too, and I believed the character, but they weren't particularly straining on Pitt as an actor.
I thought he showed emotion in the scenes with his daughter/talking to his daughter on the phone, the scenes where he was listening to the game, and the scenes where he was contemplating what could have been with his baseball career.
I'm not sure he showed any emotion in those scenes, but I'm also not sure he was supposed to show much emotion. I suppose you could argue that it's hard playing a character that's supposed to be showing that he's attempting to control his emotions.I don't know, I liked him in the role, I just think it's a silly choice for a "Best Actor" nomination.
I mean, I liked these things too, and I believed the character, but they weren't particularly straining on Pitt as an actor.
Are you sure about that? Just because he makes it "look easy", doesn't mean it "was easy". That's kind-of the mark of an extremely talented actor. That movie would have been awful if Pitt's character wasn't so likeable and charismatic.

the grey.on the way out of the theater i beat the shit out of this punk bitch kid who was kicking his queer ass hacky sack in everybodys way. then i chased a squirl into the woods and hunted it for sport. i cornered the rat bastard after a few hours. after i broke its neck i ate it raw.

Soul Surfer. I liked it a lot, but it's heavy on the Christian stuff. Surprising that Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid agreed to be in it.

Are you sure about that? Just because he makes it "look easy", doesn't mean it "was easy".
I understand the difference. It wasn't a difficult role by any stretch of the imagination.
That movie would have been awful if Pitt's character wasn't so likeable and charismatic.
You mean if Pitt wasn't so likeable and charismatic.

contagion. NOT a good movie for somebody who's already a pretty huge germaphobe.other than freaking me out though it was ok.

Soul Surfer. I liked it a lot, but it's heavy on the Christian stuff. Surprising that Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid agreed to be in it.
Why do you say that? Are they pronounced atheists?I thought it was an enjoyable movie for the family.

HaywireGina Carano is pretty awesome. The plot is lean and well-executed, with the usual Soderburgh panache. The music is good and there is no music during the well coreographed fight scenes, which is nice. I haven't seen Drive yet, but I'm guessing the no-nonsense screenplay with minimal frills are similar.Did I mention Gina Carano is pretty AND awesome?Gina_Carano_by_zishan07.jpg