Saw Moneyball last night. I loved it. Learned something about Bean I didn't know.
Money? Balls? Two awesome movie ingredients...I am looking forward to seeing this. And Margin Call. That one has money. And calls. Lots of calls.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

The Life of David GaleThis took me for a ride and I really enjoyed it. It was thought-provoking and I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a true story. Recommended.

The Life of David GaleThis took me for a ride and I really enjoyed it. It was thought-provoking and I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a true story. Recommended.
I remember this movie because Ebert gave it zero stars."...let it be said this movie is about as corrupt, intellectually bankrupt and morally dishonest as it could possibly be without David Gale actually hiring himself out as a joker at the court of Saddam Hussein."

ContrabandYep, this movie is exactly what you'd expect. The foreshadowing with what was supposed to be a twist wasn't much of a reveal as the movie hits you over the head with whats going to happen several times. And then like, one more time just to make sure someone who went to the bathroom couldn't miss it. I don't like movies using camera shots that are distracting. Son visits father in the pen. Close up of fathers unfocused face. Pans right. Pans left. Centers and finally.....FINALLY the camera focuses on the fathers face. Pretty annoying. It's not what I'd call a bad movie but it's certainly not good.

moneyball: really good movie, and I don't even like baseball. I also didn't think beane's buy-in to the new system wasn't explained well enough since he was specifically looking for a new way to manage the team, and jonah hill's method fit exactly what he was looking for. and also thought the ending was well done; it couldn't have ended after they finished the streak because that wasn't the point of the movie. the point was to change the way baseball was managed on a macro level, not on a 20 game sample size, so if they ended it there without showing the macro change, then it wouldn't have fit.got another earth and the king's speech in the hopper today.

oh, and one of the previews before moneyball was for this new adam sandler movie where he plays his own twin sister. that's not serious is it? they didn't actually make that movie, right? when I was watching the preview I was sure that it was one of the fake adam sandler movies from funny people.

oh, and one of the previews before moneyball was for this new adam sandler movie where he plays his own twin sister. that's not serious is it? they didn't actually make that movie, right? when I was watching the preview I was sure that it was one of the fake adam sandler movies from funny people.
Adam Sandler everybody! This is Adam's 15th feature film featuring some sort of childlike premise. Which should come as no surprise, because when Adam Sandler does something, by God, he repeats the living shit out of it.-Anthony Jeselnik

you know me well. movie was a bit weird though, but very thought provoking, I guess. I'd say I liked it.just finished the king's speech, and while I thought it was really good, the only thing I could think of after it was over was "that fucking thing beet inception?!"

Ha, just watched Funny People and thought the same thing. Jack and Jill really does seem like the ultimate spoof of awful movies.
just finished the king's speech, and while I thought it was really good, the only thing I could think of after it was over was "that fucking thing beet inception?!"
Yeah...the acting performances were way better in King's Speech, but I think that my vote would have gone to Inception as well.
Adam Sandler everybody! This is Adam's 15th feature film featuring some sort of childlike premise. Which should come as no surprise, because when Adam Sandler does something, by God, he repeats the living shit out of it.-Anthony Jeselnik
It's sad, because when he does movies that have a serious side (or aren't just pure drivel) they're usually pretty good. Anger Management, Punch Drunk Love, Big Daddy...ok, fine, I even like 50 First Dates. And Happy Gilmore and The Waterboy.You know who I can't stand? That one guy he puts in all his movies who must just be some childhood friend. The guy that plays the quarterback in The Waterboy.
It's sad, because when he does movies that have a serious side (or aren't just pure drivel) they're usually pretty good. Anger Management, Punch Drunk Love, Big Daddy...ok, fine, I even like 50 First Dates. And Happy Gilmore and The Waterboy.
How about Spanglish? I haven't seen Anger Management. PDL is obviously the tits. Big Daddy has a serious side? 50 First Dates works because he's not a douchebag like in so many other movies. Although as Cracked pointed out, that movie has a bit of a horrifying implication at the end there. You know, waking up and surprise! You're a mom! Every day.
Although as Cracked pointed out, that movie has a bit of a horrifying implication at the end there. You know, waking up and surprise! You're a mom! Every day.
I think it'd be fine until the daughter was 16 and - surprise! You're a mom and your kid hates you!

ContrabandI sort of liked it but it was extremely straight forward and the supporting cast was disappointing. I'm a big fan of Giovanni Ribisi but he just suffered in this movie. His voice is naturally cool and always plays a good drug addict but this time his voice sounded so forced that he looked & sounded uncomfortable and not himself. I hope he continues to get bigger roles though.

50/50What a gem! It takes your emotions for a ride throughout, from laughter to tears in minutes and it has a long lasting message by the end. Definitely recommended for a change of pace.