Von Trier is a weird fucking guy.
"I understand Hitler... I sympathise with him a bit ... I'm not against Jews ... In fact I'm very much in favour of them. All Jews. Well, Israel is a pain in the ass ... Ok. I'm a Nazi."It was shortly after this quote that he decided he wouldn't do press for his movies anymore.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

obviously i have no life and i was home alone when i see that 'The Dilemma' is on HBO and i say to myself why the hell not. vince vaughn was funny once. big mistake. it was so horribly bad i'm not sure how it was even released. really just a steaming pile of shit.

obviously i have no life and i was home alone when i see that 'The Dilemma' is on HBO and i say to myself why the hell not. vince vaughn was funny once. big mistake. it was so horribly bad i'm not sure how it was even released. really just a steaming pile of shit.
you think that's bad?i was home alone last night with no life, and actually made the effort to go online and watch the latest twilight movie.
super 8. what a thoroughly enjoyable movie.
It was good. I didn't like it as much as The Goonies, which is the same type of movie, but I thought it was well done.

yeah I mean it wasn't fantastic, but it was definitely entertaining. I remember thinking about an hour in that I wish I was able to have watched it when I was 13.

The Muppets!(That's not a goddamned kids movie, right?)
This muppet movie received a PG, not a G.In the content advisory section of IMDB, viewers note:Sex & NudityA male muppet and a female muppet are caught kissing as theater lights come on; they stop immediately.A female muppet kisses a male muppet.A male muppet kisses a chicken muppet.So, yeah, this time you get to explore mature themes like bestiality.

blue valentine: jesus fucking christ, the only way this movie could be any more depression is if they actually killed kittens during it.edit: but now I'm onto my third viewing of up in the air. love this movie.

I watched The Next Three Days with Russell Crowe yesterday, Roger Ebert basically nailed it in his review:"The Next Three Days is not a bad movie, it's just somewhat of a waste of the talent involved."It was very watchable, but by all rights should have been far better than it was. Unbelievable cast though...even the small throwaway parts are actors you'll absolutely recognize. Pretty much hated Elizabeth Banks' character, if she was my wife I would have left her in prison.

I didn't love Moneyball. Good movie, but I found it a little slow, and inaccurate in regards to some of the sabermetric stuff. I think I would have liked it more if it either went more "action"/baseball scenes, or went further into statistics, instead of straddling the line the whole time, and only explaining with exposition and mostly useless graphs. Good, but not great. I don't know that I would give it any Oscar consideration, aside from maybe adapted screenplay, but I don't know what else falls into that category.Ides of March and Tree of Life are next up, I think.

Well, Israel is a pain in the ass ...
Awesome. Jews are way too sensitive.
super 8. what a thoroughly enjoyable movie.
I'd like to brag once again about having seen this at a drive-in, which I think upped the enjoyment level quite a bit.

Girl With a Dragon TattooIt's good, very faithful to the book and Swedish movie. The parts of the book they changed are the parts that aren't cinematic--like all the scenes of our heros thinking about the research they has been doing. In the book, it felt suspenseful, but there just not a good way to film internal dialogue.

The three rape scenes remain, but I think Lisbeth's revenge scene is slightly truncated from book (or first movie--it's all getting blurry). She still exacts her violence and pain, but I think some of the ftm ass rape was shortened.

It's a good movie, intense and violent. At 158 minutes it feels a little long.Mission Impossible 4It was alright, I think if you're a Tom Cruise action fan, this is a great movie. I saw it on IMAX, and the Dubai scene was pretty difficult to watch--the action and setting felt overwhelming. I was curious how Brad Bird was going to handle a live action movie--to me, the movie always felt like the star. Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, and the girl whose name I can never remember, none of them felt like they were particularly charismatic. I thought the sequence in the parking structure felt the most Brad Bird like.

I really enjoyed MI: Ghost Protocol. Lot's of action and standard unrealistic scenarios, but cool gadgets, scenery, filmography and a couple of subtle comedic moments that make you laugh.Spoiler:

My biggest problem with the movie, as unrealistic as these are anyways, was that the Russians were able to fire a nuclear missile from the ocean and it made it all the way to the US impact zone without a single counter action or alert taken. Pffft.

Watched From Dusk till Dawn last night for the first time in about 10 years. What an awesome ridiculous movie. loved it.
I love that movie. Back around the time it was out I was at him sick one night and was checking what was on Pay Per View and this was available. I only saw the cast and figured what the hell. I had absolutely no idea it was a vampire movie which I think made it much more awesome than it really is.
Oh. Well maybe you'll like MI:GP then.
I went to see MI last night. I didn't like any of the previous ones but the wife is a big action movie fan and wanted to see that or War Horse so I agreed to see MI. It was okay. Kept me entertained I guess. Tons of ridic leaps need to be made throughout the movie but if you want mindless action entertainment it could do the trick imo.
I love that movie. Back around the time it was out I was at him sick one night and was checking what was on Pay Per View and this was available. I only saw the cast and figured what the hell. I had absolutely no idea it was a vampire movie which I think made it much more awesome than it really is.
I watched it for the first time when I was about 12, and I had no idea it was a vampire movie. I can't say that I remember my reaction to very many movies that I watched at the age of 12, but i definitely vividly remember a huge WTF moment when the vampires appeared. I would love to watch it for the first time as an adult and have no idea about the vampires.