I have The Town sitting on our dining room table still in the netflix sleeve, was just going to send it back without watching but now I guess I will watch it.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I also thought that the town was solid, but what a terrible ending. I mean, realllllly bad.

I also thought that the town was solid, but what a terrible ending. I mean, realllllly bad.
I agree. If they had the same ending in a Rambo movie then it would make sense.

do you mean the very end, with her 'tipping him off' that the feds were in the room, then him leaving the package. Or do you include the whole final hesit scene and shootout. I didn't like the very end either, but I didn't mind the Fenway park stuff

do you mean the very end, with her 'tipping him off' that the feds were in the room, then him leaving the package. Or do you include the whole final hesit scene and shootout. I didn't like the very end either, but I didn't mind the Fenway park stuff

I thought the final heist was shades of the bank robbery in Heat, and loved seeing Affleck get even with the florist and his goon, but the very end "standing on the dock watching the sunset" part was kinda cheesy.

I'm talking specifically about the fact that any of them got away without dying. Ridiculous. That wouldn't happen. They were surround by like 3,000 cops. Also the beach scene.

I'm talking specifically about the fact that any of them got away without dying. Ridiculous. That wouldn't happen. They were surround by like 3,000 cops. Also the beach scene.

Three of them did die...the one that got away was dressed as a cop and blended in with the other 3,000 of them running around in chaos. Unlikely, but not so horribly far fetched that it's a dealbreaker for the whole movie.

Three of them did die...the one that got away was dressed as a cop and blended in with the other 3,000 of them running around in chaos. Unlikely, but not so horribly far fetched that it's a dealbreaker for the whole movie.

It really is really really far fetched. REALLLLLLLLY far fetched. It definitely ruined the ending for me, and made the whole movie into .... just ok.
Hmm, interesting counterpoint.
What do you want me to say?

If the cops have a house completely surrounded, and get into a long extended gun battle with the people inside... they are not going to be fooled by a cop car or ambulance suddenly coming out of the garage. They are going to open up on it.

farfetched, sure. Not even close to a dealbreaker for me though.
Like I said originally, I thought it was a solid movie overall.
Kung-Fu Panda 2I liked it but didn't love it. A sequel with an origin story and an ending that sets up a third movie, no surprise. What I absolutely hated was the real 3D. It could be the small town theater that has, I'm guessing, an old dusty screen but the 3D is more distracting than anything. It could also be the fact that I have to wear the special glasses over my normal glasses. Maybe the lenses should be closer to my eyes? Selfishly, I'm disappointed that so many movies are coming out in 3d.
I didn't think the 3D added anything, either. My biggest disappointment was the movie explaining away the more fantastical elements from the first. Sometimes, I just want a panda to have a goose father, and for it not to be a big deal. And I liked how this kid from a small village had dreams of becoming a kung fu master--and it happened. I don't like that maybe he

was born into it. It's a movie about pandas, not the Kennedys.

Other movies I've seen. Art of Getting ByI really disliked it, and didn't like the main character at all. All of the characters on the screen find him so charming, and I just wanted to slash his face.Bad TeacherThe first third was not very funny. Things picked up enough for me to think maybe it would be an alright rental.

I saw Super 8 at a drive-in, which was absolutely perfect for that style of movie. I loved it...they did a fantastic job with the kids, there wasn't any of the usual overacting you'd see from that age group. Strongly recommend it.

I saw Super 8 at a drive-in, which was absolutely perfect for that style of movie. I loved it...they did a fantastic job with the kids, there wasn't any of the usual overacting you'd see from that age group. Strongly recommend it.
Where's the nearest drive-in? I'm not sure any still exist around my area.
Where's the nearest drive-in? I'm not sure any still exist around my area.
For me it's Mendon. It's a really fun experience, especially for the right film.
That would be awesome.I actually watched Super 8 for the second time on Wednesday, took my little brother to see it. It was fantastic the second time around too. I can't get over how good the child actors are. I really have to give a lot of credit to JJ Abrams for getting so much out of them.

Cars2From any other studio I'd say it was fun at times but pointless (as an adult movie) and completely misses the mark as a kids movie. From Pixar, I have to say it was a tremendous disappointment.

Cars2From any other studio I'd say it was fun at times but pointless (as an adult movie) and completely misses the mark as a kids movie. From Pixar, I have to say it was a tremendous disappointment.
I have a feeling that this sequel was pushed through only for the cash. And while I might sound like that idiot Mercury69, for saying something so obvious; I think in this case that it might have been the only reason for the movie.If I had to guess, I would say that the merchandising of Cars might be one of the biggest revenue streams at Pixar. A second movie boosts this brand even more.Again, I don't know that this is true, but I have a feeling that it's possible, that just maybe, none of the "creative" guys wanted anything to do with another sequel."Consumers have spent more than $8 billion since 2006 on goods related Pixar's Cars."

Disney is also adding a Cars roller coaster ride and section to California Adventureland this year, so they definitely timed the release to coincide with that.