• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Grizzly Man. NF 3 star. I think I remember some posters here recommending this documentary. I enjoy a lot of documentaries and this one was just mildly interesting. The producer should have played the audio of him and his girlfriend being eaten. The documentary would have been much more powerful and it would have driven home the reality that this dude was eaten alive by the thing he claimed to love the most. Then again, I'm kind of glad they didn't since I would have found it pretty disturbing. On deck: Bolt and The Watchmen

Grizzly Man. NF 3 star. I think I remember some posters here recommending this documentary.
I'm one of those people! Grizzly Man felt like art to me--like the film became about more than the subject matter. I remember feeling really uncomfortable when I saw it for the first time--first, because of how close Treadwell got to the bears. There's something visceral about watching that footage, knowing that everything on the screen is real. That's a real bear, and that's a real guy, with a sketchy hold on reality, feeling like he has a kinship with a wild animal.Watching Treadwell's hold on reality made me feel uncomfortable too, particularly the scene where he's directly addressing his former boss. To me, it was watching someone have a mental breakdown. It felt vulnerable and intimate, as though I shouldn't have been watching these moments. (Also, this has some of my favorite of Herzog's voiceover, "And here we see Timothy, crossing a line we will not cross. I have seen this kind of madness before, usually on a film set..." Shit. If that's not the funniest thing ever, I don't know what is. All I want from this day on, is Herzog narrating my life.)I also loved the scenery. I saw this in the theater, and in the scene in the airplane, with the pilot talking about Timothy, and then singing along--I felt like I was floating. Gorgeous. The relationships between Treadwell and his friends and exgirlfriends reminded me of the book Into the Wild. Treadwell was a weird guy who made odd choices, but he went up into interior Alaska, and surrounded himself with other people who had made odd choices, so he didn't really stand out until the very end.An aside--another documentary I loved was Man on Wire. It won the Oscar last year, and is fantastic.
An aside--another documentary I loved was Man on Wire. It won the Oscar last year, and is fantastic.
I got bored with that one; felt stretched out to me.The sex scene, however, was great.
I just got done watching Year One tonight. It was a little strange at times, but it kept me laughing like Jack Black usually does.
Oh.

I just watched Wolverine Origin. Thankfully I paid nothing for this confusing piece of shit. For all the money they spend on special effects, can't they spend like a week longer writing the script and have a plot that at least makes sense?

I just watched Wolverine Origin. Thankfully I paid nothing for this confusing piece of shit. For all the money they spend on special effects, can't they spend like a week longer writing the script and have a plot that at least makes sense?
It's a comic book movie dude. The dialog could have been directly copied from comic book speech bubbles, which is awesome. The special effects were amazing. The story was about a bad ass comic book anti-hero. What exactly did you expect? What plot holes annoyed you the most?nothings free
It's a comic book movie dude. The dialog could have been directly copied from comic book speech bubbles, which is awesome. The special effects were amazing. The story was about a bad ass comic book anti-hero. What exactly did you expect? What plot holes annoyed you the most?nothings free
lol no.
wolverine_facepalm.gif
wolverine_facepalm.gif
heh, my post seemed to make sense only in my own convoluted reality. so yea, bite me...........or something like that. Oh and Watchmen sucked balls. NF 2.

I'm watching face/off. I have such a ridiculous soft spot for this movie. I think Travolta's best acting performance pretty much ever is after the face/off, when he's doing a nick cage impression. It cracks me up. And the action scenes are suburb..See, this is the sort of bad action movie I like... over the top absurdity.

I'm watching face/off. I have such a ridiculous soft spot for this movie. I think Travolta's best acting performance pretty much ever is after the face/off, when he's doing a nick cage impression. It cracks me up. And the action scenes are suburb..See, this is the sort of bad action movie I like... over the top absurdity.
thats just one of those movies. entertains you every time.

I love the cheesy action movies also. Face/Off is awesome.Also enjoy The Rock and True Lies. All the Die Hard movies. There are a ton of them that are great.Broken Arrow also came to mind. Travolta is a great villain. He was also really good in Swordfish.