• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Big Wet Asses 13. Gianna Michaels' much anticipated anal scene.
by who?
The Taking of Pelham 123, i enjoyed it thurally.
ffs...Last movie I saw:Rachel Getting MarriedExcellent drama with none of the tension easing comedy we've all come to expect from Hollywood. All scenes were played very naturally and there were no snappy "exit lines" or quick cuts, just long lingering examinations of the complicated interactions between family members who process things differently and have their own emotional pecking order.Deft, nuanced direction by Jonathan Demme creates a truly realistic portrayal of a family coming to terms with some harsh truths.Excellent performances by the entire cast, although Anne Hathaway was particularly good, playing a complicated and demanding drug addict with a past...9/10Be forewarned: This is not the kind of movie most people want to see. Rather, I think it is a movie people MUST see, it's that good.

I saw two at home(Gigi and Assassination of Jesse James), and one in the theater (Moon).Gigi was a rewatch, my favorite musical is still Singin' In the Rain--and I really liked Jesse James and Moon. In my opinion, Jesse James was aiming (har!) higher, and got there. It felt like art.For a first time director, Duncan Jones did a good, steady job, and has the brains to work with a good cinematographer. Kept waiting for his father's influences, though.

I saw two at home(Gigi and Assassination of Jesse James), and one in the theater (Moon).Gigi was a rewatch, my favorite musical is still Singin' In the Rain--and I really liked Jesse James and Moon. In my opinion, Jesse James was aiming (har!) higher, and got there. It felt like art.For a first time director, Duncan Jones did a good, steady job, and has the brains to work with a good cinematographer. Kept waiting for his father's influences, though.
Welcome. I don't know anything about you... and I usually hate new people... but for some reason I have a good feeling about you.

The Proposal Yep ladies I'm single....and straight. It was what you'd expect, a couple chuckles, predictable but tolerable.Blood Diamond I can't really explain why I hadn't seen it before but I enjoyed it quite a bit. DiCaprio is like Tom Cruise to me in that when people ask I always say "not really a fan" but then when I think about it I like most if not all of their movies. I really wish I would've watched this movie in a better format (basic cable) as it just left me full of a rant on censorship but this is definitely a movie I'll make a point in watching again.

Welcome. I don't know anything about you... and I usually hate new people... but for some reason I have a good feeling about you.
Thanks!Last night I saw a screening of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I really enjoyed it--although my favorite of all the movies is Azkaban.I know most people know the story but

War is hell, and we all die alone.

The Proposal Yep ladies I'm single....and straight. It was what you'd expect, a couple chuckles, predictable but tolerable.Blood Diamond I can't really explain why I hadn't seen it before but I enjoyed it quite a bit. DiCaprio is like Tom Cruise to me in that when people ask I always say "not really a fan" but then when I think about it I like most if not all of their movies. I really wish I would've watched this movie in a better format (basic cable) as it just left me full of a rant on censorship but this is definitely a movie I'll make a point in watching again.
It's funny you should say this while talking about Blood Diamond because the same director also did The Last Samurai with Cruise: Edward Zwick. Blood Diamond was OK, just too broadly drawn from a moral and ethical standpoint and, as is often the case in films like this, the close interweaving of the characters is somewhat unrealistic, yet meant to represent specific archetypes or something...The Last Samurai was just pathetic, although it looked good (cinematograhy-wise). Zwick did a good job with Glory, but quickly tailed off with a bunch of one-dimensional characters whose improbable moral conflicts generate pseudo-heroic gestures and vaguely redemptive outcomes.Legends of the Fall was decent, but Defiance also falls into the same formulaic delivery.
Thanks!Last night I saw a screening of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I really enjoyed it--although my favorite of all the movies is Azkaban.I know most people know the story but

War is hell, and we all die alone.

Brvhrt said that because he's hoping you'll agree with his posts.

This may have been taked about in other places but I figured here was a good of a place as any.Who's the highest-earning actor of all time?

Samuel L. Jackson with $7.42 BILLION in total gross sales. Heard on Conan!

This may have been taked about in other places but I figured here was a good of a place as any.Who's the highest-earning actor of all time?

I think that's probably the actor in the highest grossing movies, not personal salary. The other guy I wonder about--Lt. Porkens from Star Wars. He was also in Last Crusade, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.As far as personal payouts go--how about Johnny Depp, Jack Nicholson, or John Travolta? (Not only has Travolta been working forever, but he got a piece of the soundtrack of Saturday Night Fever, and that thing has never stopped selling!)
I think that's probably the actor in the highest grossing movies, not personal salary. The other guy I wonder about--Lt. Porkens from Star Wars. He was also in Last Crusade, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.As far as personal payouts go--how about Johnny Depp, Jack Nicholson, or John Travolta? (Not only has Travolta been working forever, but he got a piece of the soundtrack of Saturday Night Fever, and that thing has never stopped selling!)
I just copy/pasted a twitter I saw. I've got nothing to back it up but I thought it was interesting.
I always thought Harrison Ford would be way up there. With Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and a bunch of other stuff.
I always thought Harrison Ford would be way up there. With Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and a bunch of other stuff.
He was my first thought and could very well be the correct answer, but now I did some research and according to this site Frank Welker (big shot voice actor) is actually #1.

This doesn't totally surprised me. He's been in a LOT of big money makers.
Mel Gibson has all of those people destroyed. He made almost a billion dollars on The Passion alone.
He was my first thought and could very well be the correct answer, but now I did some research and according to this site Frank Welker (big shot voice actor) is actually #1.
Voice actors shouldn't count.

Watched the International the other night. I didn't think it was good @ all. I thought i had potential to be entertaining but I thought it was pretty boring.

Watched the International the other night. I didn't think it was good @ all. I thought i had potential to be entertaining but I thought it was pretty boring.
I've never even heard of it.

I re-watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time in awhile. I was starting to hate Morgan Freeman, but now I like him again. I really like this movie.

I re-watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time in awhile. I was starting to hate Morgan Freeman, but now I like him again. I really like this movie.
blasphemy!
blasphemy!
The main reason why I hate him is his role in Million Dollar Baby. He mumbled every line, I couldn't understand what the hell he was saying.
I've never even heard of it.
Came out a few months ago w/ Clive Owen and just came out on DVD.Not worth your time IMO
Agreed. I usually love that genre but I had a hard time even finishing it.
I watched Revolutionary Road last night. I know it got a lot of buzz but I pretty much just found myself surprised that somebody managed to make a two hour movie (and a novel prior to that) out of a story about people living in suburbia who are unhappy with their mundane, regular lives. Leo was good, and the crazy son of their realtor was great. Aside from that, though, I couldn't relate to the characters or the story at all so that probably explains why I was mostly indifferent to the movie. If you're married and have a family, an uninteresting job, and live in the suburbs this movie might depress the hell out of you. If none of those things apply to you, this movie will probably bore the hell out of you.
I absolutely loved this movie. I thought it was brilliant. I'm married though and could absolutely relate to the characters. I got out of the job I hated and I'm free to do whatever I want.