I just watched 7 pounds. I have to say that I'm going away with a solid... "I think I liked it". The story and acting are what put it over the top for me. The directing was about the worst possible directing job... ever. The story was confusing and slow moving in parts, I was actually really frustrated during quite a bit of it. I'm simply a sucker for Will Smith and that is the only reason I can say that I think I liked it.6/10.This movie should have been nominated for several awards... it's too bad the director absolutely destroyed anyones chances. If Clint Eastwood directs it's nominated for 5-8 awards easy.
Agree with the Clint Eastwood comment and yea Will Smith is great. I would probably give it an 8. It was a movie with no pace that never really speeds up, the fact that its still a good movie means it was very well done.Didn't really notice the direction stuff but I rarely do, it was consistent and didnt bug me.I really enjoyed it, was never close to tears but I got a bit emotional.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Finally saw "Gone Baby Gone." I heard so many good things about it that I ended up being slightly disappointed, particularly with the 'moral dilemma' at the end, which I hadn't anticipated being nearly as lop-sided as it was.

The main character pretty obviously made the wrong decision. Really wasn't even close.

re Spoiler:Thats why the movie was good, everyone has a different view and noone can agree, theres a whole thread about it. I already linked it in this thread.

Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonBrilliantly shot, amazing acting and a well written story. The downside? 2:45min and I still walked away with questions, mostly of why they chose to do the things they did.The movie itself was pretty close to how I imagined it. The transformation of Pitt was outstanding, infact it never felt like I was watching a brad pitt movie which is without a doubt a good thing. I'm not the biggest Pitt fan, I felt convinced throughout the movie.Ok to the questions/comments

This movie was perfectly setup for Benjamin to be bullied at school or by other kids which would've added a bit more emotion to his character early on. Instead they make us believe he actually had a relatively easy childhood even though he was crippled. That being said, we never found out how he got his education (Learning from old ppl isn't exactly an excuse). Even if they showed him being home school, would've helped.Why on earth would the mother who was sick in bed have her daughter find out who her father is by reading it in the guys journal. Am I suppose to believe that a mother with a solid relationship with their daughter would wait till her last hour to let her know about her dad (which doesn't even come from her own words).It was obviously a big stretch for us to believe in this disease, but to force us to watch Benjamin physically shrink back to a baby made it over the top unrealistic to me. Not only did the teen actors look nothing like him, but imo a better ending would've been a very ill, Brad Pitt when they made him look very young.

Anyway it was overall a great movie, but I didn't like all the choices they made. Hopefully an extended edition DVD would shed some light on his childhood.

oh man i hate that. why cant every question be answered by a move or book? i dont understand why they do that. dont they know its like so frsustrating. i just want to know all the answers, to everything. why wont they tell me?

Hopefully an extended edition DVD would shed some light on his childhood.
My head just exploded. The only way on Earth that I would watch that movie again is if one of two people at FCP told me that it was great. I hated it and plan to never ever watch it again. That being said... it was beautifully shot.

I just watched a documentary called Encounters the end of the World. There were 2 scenes that were edited with music that made me cringe and fast forward. It's basically about life in the antarctic and the people who work there. He goes to a bunch of different scientific sites and meets the people, the people are really interesting and I was captivated by how spiritual everybody there was. I discovered the docu through youtube, here are 2 of coolest clips from the movie:

(about the sounds seals make, sounds like something out of a synthesizer) the other one is about a guy with a backpack ready at all times incase he has to flee. He had some cool shit in his back pack but I couldn't find the clip, i think the entire film is available on youtube.
The Ruins. It was meh.
Very very meh...I watched Ben-Hur this morning in HD. I saw this movie when I was a kid at my friends house, his dad insisted we watch it and told us how good it was. We both agreed then that it was terrible and laughed at certain effects throughout the film.What the hell was I thinking? That was one of the most enjoyable 3 1/2hrs I've ever watched. It really makes gladiator look like a remake. Amazingly shot, awesome acting - 10/10.

Role Models 2 lines saved this movie for me. Neither of them overly funny but for whatever reason I lol'd at both."I don't want to get to graphic... but I used to suck his dick for drugs" and the You know what I used to eat for breakfast lunch dinner back and forth. Totally made up for everything.

The DescentPremise: 6 chicks get lost in unknown cavern.... shit goes down. Worth the watch if you have free movies On Demand

I thought the chick who made it through was going to freak out and go back inside to live with the cave people lol.

I saw a number of random movies in the past few days:The Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse movies: For some reason I never saw these and thoroughly enjoyed them. Very fun stuff.Last House on the Left: Good enough if you want to kill 90 minutes with a suspense movie, but nothing I would rush out and see. I was pretty surprised by one particular thing about the movie, but it really has nothing to do with the plot. Pineapple Express: I didn't expect much out of this, and it delivered less. Laughed at a number of things, but it just wasn't that good.

The DescentPremise: 6 chicks get lost in unknown cavern.... shit goes down. Worth the watch if you have free movies On Demand

I thought the chick who made it through was going to freak out and go back inside to live with the cave people lol.

Excellent movie,

but I don't think the chick really made it through

Ugh, The Descent was terrible. Sadly it was so forgettable that all I remember was hating it from top to bottom but I can't remember actual specific things. I would bet the acting and the writing were my major complaints.

Ugh, The Descent was terrible. Sadly it was so forgettable that all I remember was hating it from top to bottom but I can't remember actual specific things. I would bet the acting and the writing were my major complaints.
No way, great movie I was not expecting much with it and it definitely delivered for me.
Last House on the Left: Good enough if you want to kill 90 minutes with a suspense movie, but nothing I would rush out and see. I was pretty surprised by one particular thing about the movie, but it really has nothing to do with the plot.
Did you see the original or the remake? The original is an often overlooked classic horror flick. Def a top 5 for me.
Excellent movie,

but I don't think the chick really made it through

What? Was that the meaning by the chick in her car at the very end? I didn't get that part. I thought she was just hallucinating like she did when she had the flashbacks of her dead daughter.

Dolfan: I loved Death Proof... the one with Kurt Russel that Tarantino directed. I still have it on my DVR so I can watch the chase scene over and over lol. It is also fun seeing Rose McGowan getting owned.

FYP
Horror movies are not supposed to be cinematic masterpieces. I go in to almost everyone thinking it is going to suck, and I am pleasently suprised every once in a while like with this one. Acting wasn't great, cool fight scenes, cool panic scenes, cool ending, why did you not like it Jadaki?
Horror movies are not supposed to be cinematic masterpieces. I go in to almost everyone thinking it is going to suck, and I am pleasently suprised every once in a while like with this one. Acting wasn't great, cool fight scenes, cool panic scenes, cool ending, why did you not like it Jadaki?
I thought the movie was decent. Better than I expected. I was sure the ending was different than what you said, so I looked it up and there are two endings. In the unrated version which is the one I saw

her escape is a dream and she's still trapped in the cave at the end of the movie.

I thought the movie was decent. Better than I expected. I was sure the ending was different than what you said, so I looked it up and there are two endings. In the unrated version which is the one I saw

her escape is a dream and she's still trapped in the cave at the end of the movie.

Other ending:

So in the ending I saw, she gets out. She leaves gets back to the trucks, drives away, pulls over all frantically at their house... then looks to the right and the chick she killed at the end is sitting there staring at her with her skin all pail like the creatures in the mountain... then goes straight to the credits.

Did you see the original or the remake? The original is an often overlooked classic horror flick. Def a top 5 for me.
I saw the remake. Admittedly, I didn't know there was an original until afterward. I'm sort of curious now.
Dolfan: I loved Death Proof... the one with Kurt Russel that Tarantino directed. I still have it on my DVR so I can watch the chase scene over and over lol. It is also fun seeing Rose McGowan getting owned.
I liked Death Proof more just because it wasn't supposed to be as cheesy and over-the-top as Planet Terror. Planet Terror was just good, old fashioned zombie movie fun. I will be buying both soon.