I've seen a bunch of movies since last time I've posted: Deep Impact (actually, I may have posted this), Scarface, the Godfather, Righteous Kill, Gran Torino, and Death Race. I really want to see Paul Blart (Kevin James is the shi.t), Defiance, and Notorious.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

HappinessThe first scene has Jon Lovitz and a woman in a restaurant. She just broke up with him and the scene is simply fantastic. That right there would make me want to watch this movie. This film runs the gambit from funny and smart to disturbing and depressing. Simply awesome.

and?
I thought it was f-ing incredible. It will win for writing 100% guaranteed. It should win best picture... if Benjamin Button wins I will kill myself. I would be ok with it winning for soundtrack or director as well.It was definitely in my top 5 of 2008... and possibly #1, but I would have to think about that more than I'm willing to right now.The stupid dance sequence during the end credits was retarded... but I'm assuming that's a Bollywood thing.
HappinessThe first scene has Jon Lovitz and a woman in a restaurant. She just broke up with him and the scene is simply fantastic. That right there would make me want to watch this movie. This film runs the gambit from funny and smart to disturbing and depressing. Simply awesome.
agreed. This movie is extremely underrated. I imagine it's content disturbs too many people, but I think it's hilarious, but also disturbing that I'm laughing, and that's not a crisis movies normally invoke in me.
God you are a joyless grinch! That scene was sweet and of course it's a bollywood thing.
lol

The Grand - meh, laughed here and there but pretty blah overall. For Your Consideration - pretty odd movie, about Oscar buzz for mediocre actors in a crappy movie. It had a lot of the same actors as Best in Show (which I loved) and a similar feel to it, so without researching it I'm guessing it had the same director or writers. I wouldn't say I loved it or I'd watch it again, but pretty funny at times.

Dvr'd Vantage Point last night and watched it today. I thought it was decent and kept me interested, but not something I would buy on bluray or dvd or whatever. A few things made me lol; one, Forrest Whitaker's character running with the SS as they chase down the Spanish cop. I mean, it's kind of pathetic to think he could keep up with them. Second, a lone gunman coming into the President's suite and taking out all the SS agents seemed a bit of a stretch, even for a movie.

I'm off my game, I should have spotted both of these things. Particularlly that multi paragraph post, Holly can barely string two sentences together, muchless write that
I had no idea that Holly was Jackie.

Traffic. What a great movie... seriously if you haven't seen it, which should be no one, then you need to watch it asap.I don't really understand Steven Soderbergh. He makes Traffic and Out of Sight which are both absolutely amazing... and then he makes some of the worst movies ever like Full Frontal and Solaris.What gives?

Kickin' it Old Skool -- It was pretty terrible in parts, but there were parts that had me howling. It suffers from Jamie Kennedy thinking he's a lot funnier than he actually is, but overall it was a lot better than I expected.

Kickin' it Old Skool -- It was pretty terrible in parts, but there were parts that had me howling. It suffers from Jamie Kennedy thinking he's a lot funnier than he actually is, but overall it was a lot better than I expected.
The fact that I wore those same outfits for my 3rd grade talent show when I was break dancing aside, I laughed a lot at it. I had zero expectations for it, which also helps.

So I had a lot of spare time today and watched Slumdog Millionaire and Gran Torino.I though Slumdog Millionaire was fantastic.Gran Torino was meh, it was pretty ridiculous but hilarious at the same time.

"Notorious" The B.I.G story. Wasn't too bad other than the fact that the main actor raps way to high to do a good Biggie impression. Which was weird because he sounded like Biggie when he talked, just rapped a lot higher pitched.** out of *****

Just got back from Slumdog Millionaire. Best movie I've seen in quite some time. Hope it gets an Oscar.Also saw Notorious last week and thought it was pretty decent. Better than I thought it would be.

Just watched "Taken" with Liam Neeson. His character reminds me a lot of Jack bauer, but he just doesn't give a shit about anything but finding his daughter. I loved this movie!!