Chinatown. Renewed respect for Jack Nicholson. Im kind of on a classics that Ive never seen kick
Check out 5 easy pieces, by JN... great movie..
Pineapple Express. Have to watch it again, when stoned. But it was funny, I laughed and such.
I thought you were straight edge?
I'm going to watch Slumdog tonight.
and?
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Saw Yes Man with Jim Carrey , real jim carrey style movie , love jim carrey so loved that movie :club: On a scale from 1 to 10 i'd say 8,5. Also saw australia and i could think of a million better ways to spend my time than wasting almost 3 hours of my life on a couple of aboriginals and nicole kidman moving cattle around. On a scale from 1 to 1000 i probably give that one a 2.

Saw Yes Man with Jim Carrey , real jim carrey style movie , love jim carrey so loved that movie :club:On a scale from 1 to 10 i'd say 8,5. Also saw australia and i could think of a million better ways to spend my time than wasting almost 3 hours of my life on a couple of aboriginals and nicole kidman moving cattle around. On a scale from 1 to 1000 i probably give that one a 2.
Wow.... swing and a miss ! !Was one of those million ways going to see a horrible Jim Carrey movie? I'm sure the masses can't wait to run out and see the movie after reading your review. Jim Carrey has reached an uncomfortable point in his career: He has gotten too old to act that way. You know, that way. That weird Jim Carrey way.Like Jerry Lewis, who got too old to squeal "Dean" like a 6-year-old, Carrey has reached the point where his familiar eye-popping, crazy-smiling shtick no longer seems anarchic, just creepy; no longer cute, just creepy; and no longer funny, just creepy. Like Lewis, Carrey is bound to make an adjustment soon. He's too talented to go away. But one thing is clear: What he's doing in "Yes Man" is no strategy for the long haul."Yes Man" is the kind of career move a performer makes in lieu of actually making a career move. It's an attempt to hover in place. In "Liar, Liar," he played a man who could not stop telling the truth. "Yes Man" stays close to formula: He's a guy who goes to a life-improvement seminar and resolves to say yes to life - to say yes to any request that's made of him.So if a homeless man asks him for a ride, he has to say yes. If the same homeless man asks him for all his money, he has to say yes. If an Internet advertisement asks him if he wants to join a Persian dating service, etc., etc., everything's yes, yes, yes. The fun is supposed to be in watching Carrey squirm with discomfort, but that turns out not to be much fun. Surprisingly, the movie provides no escalating series of comic disasters resulting from each yes. The comedy, to the extent there is any, consists mainly of Carrey's verbal asides and strained reactions to people. The script gives him very little to work with.It does give him an attractive and engaging leading lady in Zooey Deschanel, who is quirky in her own right, but once again the script doesn't come through. It's just a generic girl role, with a few eccentric characteristics tacked on, but not in any way that affects the character's speech or behavior. Really, all Deschanel gets to do is look at Carrey and pretend to be charmed, as he makes unfunny jokes and carries on like a middle-aged wacko.Which brings me back to the age thing. The familiar Carrey routine may have suited a young man, but he's 46 now, and standing next to the 28-year-old Deschanel, he looks every minute of it. Moreover, the movie places his character, Carl, within a group of friends in which everyone is no more than 35, implying that Carl is supposed to be in his early 30s. A 46-year-old man doesn't normally register as Methuselah, but present him as though he were 32 and give him a 28-year-old girlfriend (who looks 23), and things get awkward.On top of that, have him act in a way that, in real life, would probably scare women, not seduce them, and a funny (as in strange) thing starts to happen in the audience: Arm hair stands up. Skin tingles and crawls. People sink into their seats. They feel their facial muscles tightening. They are wincing. Wincing and cringing.However, there is one genuinely funny performance in "Yes Man" worthy of note - not Carrey's, but that of Rhys Darby, who plays Carl's openhearted, incredibly geeky, Harry Potter-loving boss. As sometimes happens with actors who are especially vivid, I thought for sure I'd seen Darby before, but "Yes Man" marks Darby's feature debut. Enjoy at your own risk.

Hrm i kinda had 8 beers before i watched yes man , so i didnt go and analyse it as "profound" as you did. Can't a man just share his view without it being "a review for the masses" as you call it ? I usually save my profound thoughts for stuff that really matters :club: , so if u want a discussion, go to the religionforum and start anything. This just looked like you have aloooot of time on your hands , sorry but i didnt even bother reading it all , first 4 sentences were enough for me.

Pretty damn entertaining:Gran TorinoSlumdogFrost/NixonWrestlerDecent, worth a look:The ReaderButtonsDefianceValkyrieexpected more, a little disappointed:DoubtTwilight
Wow Nutzbuster-- I want to see all of these but too much money-- did you go to the theater or watch some on bootleg. Envious--
Wow.... swing and a miss ! !Was one of those million ways going to see a horrible Jim Carrey movie? I'm sure the masses can't wait to run out and see the movie after reading your review. Jim Carrey has reached an uncomfortable point in his career: He has gotten too old to act that way. You know, that way. That weird Jim Carrey way.Like Jerry Lewis, who got too old to squeal "Dean" like a 6-year-old, Carrey has reached the point where his familiar eye-popping, crazy-smiling shtick no longer seems anarchic, just creepy; no longer cute, just creepy; and no longer funny, just creepy. Like Lewis, Carrey is bound to make an adjustment soon. He's too talented to go away. But one thing is clear: What he's doing in "Yes Man" is no strategy for the long haul."Yes Man" is the kind of career move a performer makes in lieu of actually making a career move. It's an attempt to hover in place. In "Liar, Liar," he played a man who could not stop telling the truth. "Yes Man" stays close to formula: He's a guy who goes to a life-improvement seminar and resolves to say yes to life - to say yes to any request that's made of him.So if a homeless man asks him for a ride, he has to say yes. If the same homeless man asks him for all his money, he has to say yes. If an Internet advertisement asks him if he wants to join a Persian dating service, etc., etc., everything's yes, yes, yes. The fun is supposed to be in watching Carrey squirm with discomfort, but that turns out not to be much fun. Surprisingly, the movie provides no escalating series of comic disasters resulting from each yes. The comedy, to the extent there is any, consists mainly of Carrey's verbal asides and strained reactions to people. The script gives him very little to work with.It does give him an attractive and engaging leading lady in Zooey Deschanel, who is quirky in her own right, but once again the script doesn't come through. It's just a generic girl role, with a few eccentric characteristics tacked on, but not in any way that affects the character's speech or behavior. Really, all Deschanel gets to do is look at Carrey and pretend to be charmed, as he makes unfunny jokes and carries on like a middle-aged wacko.Which brings me back to the age thing. The familiar Carrey routine may have suited a young man, but he's 46 now, and standing next to the 28-year-old Deschanel, he looks every minute of it. Moreover, the movie places his character, Carl, within a group of friends in which everyone is no more than 35, implying that Carl is supposed to be in his early 30s. A 46-year-old man doesn't normally register as Methuselah, but present him as though he were 32 and give him a 28-year-old girlfriend (who looks 23), and things get awkward.On top of that, have him act in a way that, in real life, would probably scare women, not seduce them, and a funny (as in strange) thing starts to happen in the audience: Arm hair stands up. Skin tingles and crawls. People sink into their seats. They feel their facial muscles tightening. They are wincing. Wincing and cringing.However, there is one genuinely funny performance in "Yes Man" worthy of note - not Carrey's, but that of Rhys Darby, who plays Carl's openhearted, incredibly geeky, Harry Potter-loving boss. As sometimes happens with actors who are especially vivid, I thought for sure I'd seen Darby before, but "Yes Man" marks Darby's feature debut. Enjoy at your own risk.
1) Yes Man was enjoyable2) Don't copy and paste an article from a newspaper, and try to pawn it off as your own. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...amp;type=movies

Lazy snowed in weekend so I watched some movies on TVThe Truman Show. Not bad. I don't remember really enjoying it when it first came out but it was decent this time through. Oceans 11. Best one of the bunch by a long shot.

no offense, but your screen name is a swing and a miss too. it's "Chiles", not "Childs"
LMAO
1) Yes Man was enjoyable2) Don't copy and paste an article from a newspaper, and try to pawn it off as your own. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...amp;type=movies
LMAOI'm off my game, I should have spotted both of these things. Particularlly that multi paragraph post, Holly can barely string two sentences together, muchless write that