Hyperbole much? Its just, Deniro in Raging Bull is either the best, or second best performace in movie history, depending on how you feel about DDL in Gangs of New York.
i liked ddl in gangs a hell out of alot, but i gotta say deniro in bull is on another level..and im not even all that big of a deniro guy<obv im a pacino guy> to say that roarke trumped bobby d's prefromance is saying alot...i have to see it for myself ...i like eastwood alot too, but i dont find him diverse enough to say how great he is...must be hard playing the tough guy every movie...im not saying that he isnt good, i just dont know if we have seen alot of range from him..
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

are you serious, bro? that is unforgivable.
I have just never had the desire to see it. I think because I watched Taxi Drive a long time ago, and I just was completely unimpressed, that I did not have a desire to see raging bull. I know there is no logic there, just haven't.
I have just never had the desire to see it. I think because I watched Taxi Drive a long time ago, and I just was completely unimpressed, that I did not have a desire to see raging bull. I know there is no logic there, just haven't.
you need to get on that. like right away.

The Flock with Richard GerePretty much a B list movie trying to be a twisted plot with sick sexual fetishes etc.But mostly falls on it's face.My wife is the queen of picking crappy moviesShe also picked War Inc. with John Cusack, Marisa Tormi, Hillary Duff, and Dan Akroyd...I know, how can it fail..yet we turned it off after 20 minutes.

Hyperbole much? Its just, Deniro in Raging Bull is either the best, or second best performace in movie history, depending on how you feel about DDL in Gangs of New York.
Have you seen the wrestler? if not, then be quiet. I'm 100 percent serious when I say that Roarke in this movie is better than Deniro in Raging bull, and I think Deniro was brilliant in raging bull. For one thing, he actually wrestles. ( He obviously has been pumping 'roids for this role). But that's just the tip of the ice berg. Also DDL in TWBB>DDL in Gangs of New York.
The Flock with Richard GerePretty much a B list movie trying to be a twisted plot with sick sexual fetishes etc.
Go on..
Go on..
Mostly focused on the severed hands and feet fetish, and on showing Gere as a potential suspect, but they never really made the case for anything.Movie was unfocused

I find myself oddly agreeing with everything BigD is saying on this page. Also, I watched A River Runs Through It last night. It's one of those movies where I hate Brad Pitt's acting, yet I love the movie. Same as Legends of the Fall.

She also picked War Inc. with John Cusack, Marisa Tormi, Hillary Duff, and Dan Akroyd...I know, how can it fail..yet we turned it off after 20 minutes.
I think I made it 30 minutes. I think when Duff started dancing on his desk was the beginning of the end for me. I wanted to think, this should be pretty awesome, that's Hilary Duff trying half stripping on a desk :smileyface:, but what I really thought is; that's Hilary Duff trying half stripping on a desk :Iamembarrassedforherface:
I think I made it 30 minutes. I think when Duff started dancing on his desk was the beginning of the end for me. I wanted to think, this should be pretty awesome, that's Hilary Duff trying half stripping on a desk :smileyface:, but I really thought is; that's Hilary Duff trying half stripping on a desk :Iamembarrassedforherface:
i'll be watching this very soon.

Yes... The Wrestler is finally coming to a theater by me in 2 weeks!Gran Torino on Friday!So far I think Sean Penn deserves oscar, lets see if Clint or Mickey can knock his block off.

Yes... The Wrestler is finally coming to a theater by me in 2 weeks!Gran Torino on Friday!So far I think Sean Penn deserves oscar, lets see if Clint or Mickey can knock his block off.
I personally loved Gran Torino, although I'm not sure if it'll win an oscar to be fair. Love Eastwood though, try to remember that guy is 79 years old - does one hell of a good job for his age. My grandpa is 79 and can hardly stand up.
Yes... The Wrestler is finally coming to a theater by me in 2 weeks!
i think i might have to go check this one out, read some good reviews(i haven't gone to a movie theatre since the Star Wars where skywalker turned into darth vader). Bill Simmons really liked it and i trust his judgement. just watched the trailer, hard to believe that's the same guy who played the motorcycle boy in Rumble Fish.
I personally loved Gran Torino, although I'm not sure if it'll win an oscar to be fair. Love Eastwood though, try to remember that guy is 79 years old - does one hell of a good job for his age. My grandpa is 79 and can hardly stand up.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Gran Torino but I don't put it in the category of Oscar-shoo-in. Eastwood's performance was great but I thought he was better in Unforgiven and Million Dollar Baby.
i think i might have to go check this one out, read some good reviews(i haven't gone to a movie theatre since the Star Wars where skywalker turned into darth vader). Bill Simmons really liked it and i trust his judgement. just watched the trailer, hard to believe that's the same guy who played the motorcycle boy in Rumble Fish.
LOL?

Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was WAY too long. I lost interest about the time that Daisy

got hit by the car.

This movie isn't even close to as good as Gran Torino.

No, I haven't. I probably will. If you're implying that Eastwood deserves the oscar over Roarke, I would just say, I find that hard to imagine at this point, as I think Roarke did pretty much the greatest job of acting in the history of man in this movie. It makes Deniro's turn in Raging Bull seem like amateur hour.
I was NOT implying that, just asking. I'm looking forward to seeing The Wrestler, and fully believe that it may even be better than Gran Torino... which did have some problems, but I really loved.

I have to say again how much Benjamin Button disappointed me. I really really hated it. I think it's probably because my expectations were too high. Cate Blanchett did a wonderful job and probably deserves a nomination. The editor, however, needs to be quartered.

here's penn's review of the wrestler.... There are no spoilers... it exactly captures what I think of this moviehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkneObQRkQ...y-darren-aronofAnd don't be fooled by Simmons.. it's not just Roarke's performance.. it's a remarkable movie.
Did you ever see a documentary about Jake the Snake Roberts in the 90's? I have no idea where or when I saw it, but it's my impression that the movie will be almost exactly like that documentary. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even based on it.EDIT: I looked it up... it was called Beyond the Mat. Did you ever see it?
Did you ever see a documentary about Jake the Snake Roberts in the 90's? I have no idea where or when I saw it, but it's my impression that the movie will be almost exactly like that documentary. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even based on it.EDIT: I looked it up... it was called Beyond the Mat. Did you ever see it?
No I haven't.. I need to, actually. I'd love to see it. But, I mean.... this movie is so real, Penn is exactly right.. even if it's based on the snake.. they create such an unbelievably real movie, I've never seen anything like it.. it's like the 70's realism style, but.. this time.. ti's really, really real. Like hyper real.