• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Charlie Bartlett. Good stuff. I identified.
I just bumped this to the top of my netflix queue yesterday. Interesting.I saw Yes Man yesterday, it was ok. Not good, just average.I saw Gran Torino today. I had super high expectations and it blew them away. Watch this movie as soon as possible. Simply awesome.
i watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford tonight on hbo and wasnt all that impressed..i heard it did ok critically speaking ... just found it slow and "draggy"...i wanted to like it to be honest but couldnt...shrug...
I was really underwhelmed by TAOJJBTCRF as well. Just typing out the initials of the movie's title is almost as exhausting as watching the movie. American Outlaws was way better, which is just sad.

The wackness.roommate was starting to watch it when I arrived home drunk. I have no idea what I think of this movie except for, do kids really talk like that? I'm 23 but still "check me out yo" in a casual remark for "here I'll give it a try" just doesn't seem realistic.That Olsen twin is absolutely amazing. A drugged up care free sexathon girl is her ideal role.

The Wackness, tho a terrible movie imo, was supposed to be set in the mid 90s, maybe even earlier, IIRC, so the difference in slang you noticed is probably that.

Well I'm not American so just a 90s white kidding talking like that, his whole vocabulary was set on that kind of language.Seemed a bit unrealistic but I guess I'd have to do a bit more travelling of America before I can say that

I just watched this and cried harder than I have in a really long time at the end. It may have surpassed the amount of tears shed the first time I saw the end of "Men of Honor", although it's close. I agree that the movie could use more development and background info on Smith's character, but it kind of makes it more suspensful in that we really don't know how he's going to react to some of Rosario Dawson(who I desperately want to marry even more than after I saw "Clerks 2")'s actions. I think the fact that the audience knows nothing about him makes the ending more powerful, since Dawson's character also really knew very little about him other than his actions in her life. That's all we see, along with a couple scarce flashbacks every now and then, but I think it adds to the movie. I think if everything were explained the scene with Dawson and Will Smith's brother wouldn't have been nearly as good.
I didn't find anything about this movie surprising. There were a ton of clues as to what was going on. I think that scene you're talking about with the brother and Dawson felt like they were summarizing what we just saw. I would've liked this movie much, much more if they played it more straightforward. I think it would've been 10 times more powerful.That being said, I still liked it.

I always mean to post in this thread after I see a movie, but I never do...Let me think of the movies I've seen recently...The Dark Knight - I lagged seeing this, but enjoyed it. I wasn't in awe of it or anything, but I'd consider it dvd worthy (or now blu-ray I guess). I have to agree with whatever poster said they liked Batman and don't really like Spiderman; I don't mind the Spiderman movies but Peter Parker bugs me.Dan in Real Life - Not bad, 'cute' I guess would be a good word. The gf liked it a lot, and I found it amusing at times. Jumper - Meh. I was only half paying attention because I was playing at the time though.Old School - I hadn't watched it in a few years but funny as always. The latter half is kinda boring, but there are still some gems in there.Rocky IV - Drago's beating of Apollo = worst ass kicking ever?House of Sadaam - HBO/BBC 4 hour (2 parts) docudrama about Sadaam's family and his regime. I thought they did a good job which one comes to expect from HBO, but I was familiar with his sons etc so nothing surprised/shocked me.My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Gf was content, so that makes my life better....I like this movie though for a chick flick; the windex stuff makes me laugh every time, as does a lot of the other family antics.Oh, I watched that Dungeon Siege movie a few weeks back too, and it was awful. Just incredibly bad...

I can explain that in two words...Uwe Boll
I thought Duke Fallow was an awesome character though. (I hear he has a huge penis as well.)

Benj Button: Fantastic movie, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did considering all the effects that were needed for Pitt's transformation which usually seem 'fake" and over done to me. But they did an incredible job all around here.

For those talking about it earlier I thought they had Pitt show enough emotion. To me it came across as though he was raised to accept the circumstances of his life and it wasn't like he was nonchalant about it. Like his eyes/body language showed emotion but they didn't have him break down which wouldn't have been in tune with the character imo

Yes Man: Good for a laugh.

Re: Benjamin ButtonEvery scene in this movie is about missed opportunities and lost time. A great theme that was delivered throughout the movie without it being didactic. I think the movie succeeds more as art than a film, even though it's entertaining enough to keep your interest for the full three hours.Re: Yes ManI found it to be quite funny. I think it missed some opportunities and lost steam during the third act, which is why you'll see more lukewarm reviews of it than glowing. The first two acts are great, though, and it's still worth a watch.

The Wrestler.Get your money down on Mickey Roarke now for best actor, because holy fcking shit, that's the most amazing performance I've ever seen. Mind shatteringly good. Such a sad and fantastic movie. Wow. Just wow.

umteenth (sp?)
You piqued my curiosity about that word and whether it is actually a recognized word or not, and if so, how one might spell it. Verdict: it is a real word (according to merriam-webster), and it's 'umpteenth.'
You piqued my curiosity about that word and whether it is actually a recognized word or not, and if so, how one might spell it. Verdict: it is a real word (according to merriam-webster), and it's 'umpteenth.'
lol my dad used 'umpteenth" quite a bit..

Wedding Crashers. But I saw it by accident. I meant to watch "Grizzly Man". After an hour or so I figured it was the wrong movie, but I kept waiting. Because thats the thing about bear attacks, they come when you least expect it.

The Wrestler.Get your money down on Mickey Roarke now for best actor, because holy fcking shit, that's the most amazing performance I've ever seen. Mind shatteringly good. Such a sad and fantastic movie. Wow. Just wow.
yeah, ive been dying to see this ..ive heard nothing but good things,,,but usaully that means i will hate the movie tho so i put it off...i need to see this i guess
yeah, ive been dying to see this ..ive heard nothing but good things,,,but usaully that means i will hate the movie tho so i put it off...i need to see this i guess
Whoa, I didn't know you still posted here. Hope all is well etc.
Whoa, I didn't know you still posted here. Hope all is well etc.
hey...i have just recently come back to this fine place...all is well , thanks for asking....i came back and am m aking a promise to add the exact same amount of content as i did before....yes, thats right absolutely zero ..lol...thanks for the wat up mr jackson
Have you seen Gran Torino?
hey...i have just recently come back to this fine place...all is well , thanks for asking....i came back and am m aking a promise to add the exact same amount of content as i did before....yes, thats right absolutely zero ..lol...thanks for the wat up mr jackson
Lol, welcome back. If contributing actual content was a requirement for posting here, it would be a pretty empty place. :club:
Have you seen Gran Torino?
No, I haven't. I probably will. If you're implying that Eastwood deserves the oscar over Roarke, I would just say, I find that hard to imagine at this point, as I think Roarke did pretty much the greatest job of acting in the history of man in this movie. It makes Deniro's turn in Raging Bull seem like amateur hour.
I think Roarke did pretty much the greatest job of acting in the history of man in this movie. It makes Deniro's turn in Raging Bull seem like amateur hour.
Hyperbole much? Its just, Deniro in Raging Bull is either the best, or second best performace in movie history, depending on how you feel about DDL in Gangs of New York.