• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

anyone see Seven Pounds or Valkyrie yet?
I saw Seven Pounds and enjoyed it. I think they've done a horrible job marketing the movie and it is fairly predictable but the story and acting make up for it imo.

More Benjamin Button thoughts:

It seems like Brad Pitt is getting some award recognition which I'm ok with because he fit the role perfectly. One thing that I thought should have been written for his role is more emotion. You never see him cry when he is young (but looks old). When he leaves Daisy after he has a child he just gets up and leaves. He doesn't really show any emotion when he meets his father. He is ok with "what god has given him" as his mom would say, but you think there would be some more emotion involved with the role.

More Benjamin Button thoughts:

It seems like Brad Pitt is getting some award recognition which I'm ok with because he fit the role perfectly. One thing that I thought should have been written for his role is more emotion. You never see him cry when he is young (but looks old). When he leaves Daisy after he has a child he just gets up and leaves. He doesn't really show any emotion when he meets his father. He is ok with "what god has given him" as his mom would say, but you think there would be some more emotion involved with the role.

i agree

he coulda done a lot morehowever....hes only shown true emotion in maybe 2 of his big movies..that i can think of:Seven (at the end)and Babel (hmmm, also with Cate, interesting)

Finally saw Dark Knight.Way longer than it needed to be and it annoys me how stupid the general population of Gotham is and I blame DC comics for doing that to make the story work. I never liked Batman and this continues my dislike.

Finally saw Dark Knight.Way longer than it needed to be and it annoys me how stupid the general population of Gotham is and I blame DC comics for doing that to make the story work. I never liked Batman and this continues my dislike.
This has to be a joke of some kind.
This is basically the exact opposite of what I think. I love the idea of Batman. The first batman, with Keaton, and then all the new ones with Bale, are right up my alley. I love how he doesn't have any superpowers. He's just a rich dude that doesn't care. That setup appeals to me greatly. I am one of only a handful of people that HATE the spiderman movies. I mean, I can't find one redeeming quality in any of them. I despise them. If I even see Toby McGwire playing poker, I think about spiderman and get annoyed. It sounds like you are the same way with Batman.

Ghost Rider....could have been so much better. Nick Cage didn't even rise to the level of keanu.

Why should that sound crazy? Because he's black? He's a great actor.
He goes from In Living Color to Booty Call to The Jamie Foxx Show to Oscar winner. That's why it sounds crazy lol.Collateral is my favorite movie with him by far.
anyone see Seven Pounds or Valkyrie yet?
I guy I work with saw Valktrie and proclaimed it "amazing", but I'll be waiting for Netflix because I refuse to give Tom Cruise money.Actually, I might watch it online because I have no issue with flat out stealing from him.
Why should that sound crazy? Because he's black? He's a great actor.
The bolded part of Tanner's post: (also, I don't think he's 'just' great. I think he's one of the greatest actor of our generation. I will go to any movie he is in, until he pulls a Pacino on me)
He goes from In Living Color to Booty Call to The Jamie Foxx Show to Oscar winner. That's why it sounds crazy lol.Collateral is my favorite movie with him by far.
I can't believe that I totally agree with you about something entertainment related... but I also LOVE collateral. (It's probably because of Michael Mann however)

A death a funeral.Easily watchable, predictable but funny, good cast, I was content not too excited and then the ending made it an amazing movie, as much as I act like an idiot and joke around I never really laugh out loud properly, used to drive an ex of mine crazy...but this ending..Do not read this spoiler, it ruins the movie

that first knock on the coffin, I killed myself laughing, it was so perfect, I predicted he would be the dads lover and they would put him in the coffin but that completely caught me off guard and the movie shot up 2 stars into a great movie for me

Apparently Chris Rock is going to re-make this movie hollywood style, damn americans.

The bolded part of Tanner's post: (also, I don't think he's 'just' great. I think he's one of the greatest actor of our generation. I will go to any movie he is in, until he pulls a Pacino on me)I can't believe that I totally agree with you about something entertainment related... but I also LOVE collateral. (It's probably because of Michael Mann however)
Those two posts you quoted are synonymous Because he's black = because He goes from In Living Color to Booty Call to The Jamie Foxx ShowHe was excellent on In Living Color, if you'd bothered to watch.
This is basically the exact opposite of what I think. I love the idea of Batman. The first batman, with Keaton, and then all the new ones with Bale, are right up my alley. I love how he doesn't have any superpowers. He's just a rich dude that doesn't care. That setup appeals to me greatly. I am one of only a handful of people that HATE the spiderman movies. I mean, I can't find one redeeming quality in any of them. I despise them. If I even see Toby McGwire playing poker, I think about spiderman and get annoyed. It sounds like you are the same way with Batman.
I liked the Keaton ones a lot better than the last few. I have never honestly liked any superhero's but batman comes a close first alongside superman for most disliked. For this movie maybe it was the hype that I had to endure for so long before watching it that I expected something much better. Little things like how Bale sounds like a WWF wrestler when he talks while in his bat costume annoyed me. I will say that Heath was outstanding but sadly everything else around him was sub par and the movie never wanted to end and it just got a tad bit boring as it went along for me. I know I am in the minority though.

Gran Torino was excellent. They really arent breaking any new ground in terms of story but if you like CE you'll like this movie. Well acted. Watched The Notebook with the gf lastnight. Totally over-hyped. I thought it was just okay.

Those two posts you quoted are synonymous Because he's black = because He goes from In Living Color to Booty Call to The Jamie Foxx ShowHe was excellent on In Living Color, if you'd bothered to watch.
If you could tell me that while you were watching In Living Color that you thought eventually he would be one of the greatest actors then you are the smartest person I know. Or you can see the future.
If you could tell me that while you were watching In Living Color that you thought eventually he would be one of the greatest actors then you are the smartest person I know. Or you can see the future.
You can say that kind of thing about many people,dude. I liked Foxx better on Living Color than I did, say, Tom Hanks on bussom buddies or George Clooney on "Return of the attack of the killer tomatos"
Gran Torino was excellent. They really arent breaking any new ground in terms of story but if you like CE you'll like this movie. Well acted. Watched The Notebook with the gf lastnight. Totally over-hyped. I thought it was just okay.
I love me some CE