• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Adaptation. I hadn't seen it since it was in the theatre, and it was on Sundance On Demand... i liked it the first time, but this time.. I just thought it was mind blowingly great. I think it may be in my top five now.
you're crazy
Saw Step Brothers- It was funny, but I don't know: I just didn't like it as much as much as some of Will Ferrell's other movies. I also snap-bought The Dark Knight and watched it; I literally think I could watch that movie on loop and still love it.
QFT

Last week I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I thought it was pretty funny. I had some male penis in it, so it had that going for it.I also watched the Family Stone. My wife and qued it on the Netflix for a night I would not be around, but it showed up early. I had never even heard of the movie put it in with her and as soon as I saw Sarah Jessica Parker, I wanted to turn it off. My wife asked me to give it a chance because she never asks me to watch these types of movies anymore. So I did, and it actually wasn't terrible. I would not watch it again, but for a chick type flick it was watchable. It was little hard for me at times because of the mom/cancer thing, especially since it was the same time of year we found out with my mom last year.

I was very disappointed by this movie... I was expecting it to be much much better. Also Zach and Miri wasn't as good as I'd hoped.
I think you have to watch it stoned to enjoy it. Zach And Miri wasn't good either. I was really disappointed that Kevin Smith directed it.

Black Snake Moan. It reminded me of a poor man's Sling Blade. Just replace the retard with a 20 something nympo naked chick. Justin Timberlake was surprisingly not awful.

The Happening- why do I keep watching these piles of shit.Was Mark Wahlberg trying to be gay or is that his artistic take on a man who shows his emotions?
He was channeling Adrian Grenier channeling Mark Wahlberg channeling emotion.And I gave up on M. Night Shamalamadingdong after Signs, so The Happening didn't disappoint me that much - I just went in expecting garbage.
Black Snake Moan. It reminded me of a poor man's Sling Blade. Just replace the retard with a 20 something nympo naked chick. Justin Timberlake was surprisingly not awful.
Christini Ricci is superhot, I've thought so since The Addams Family.And I continue to be impressed with JT. If I had to pick a celeb to switch places with, he'd be high on the list.
The Happening- why do I keep watching these piles of shit.Was Mark Wahlberg trying to be gay or is that his artistic take on a man who shows his emotions?
The movie was intended to be a modern day B movie. Look back at old B movies and then this movie and you can see what they were trying to do. If you go in thinking you are going to watch something normal and more up to date, well then you feel the way you do about it.
The movie was intended to be a modern day B movie. Look back at old B movies and then this movie and you can see what they were trying to do. If you go in thinking you are going to watch something normal and more up to date, well then you feel the way you do about it.
I was on my couch stoned when my roommate put it in. I just expected to watch something with not laughable acting and absolutely horrible writing.Fair enough I guess as I don't really know about the B-movie buzz but I'm not convinced whatsoever.
I was on my couch stoned when my roommate put it in. I just expected to watch something with not laughable acting and absolutely horrible writing.Fair enough I guess as I don't really know about the B-movie buzz but I'm not convinced whatsoever.
It's not for everyone. I avoided it for a long time because of all the bad reviews but then I read an article where he was saying how he tried to make a modern day Ed Wood style film. That piqued my interest because I love those old cheesy sci-fi movies and I ended up watching Happening twice in two days and enjoyed it each time. My wife was adamant about not watching it but I told her ahead of time what to expect, and her being a huge scifi bmovie fan herself, she really enjoyed it as well.I think M. Night markets his movies wrong and that just adds problems for him. The Village was a decent movie but most people said they didn't like it because it was marketed as a horror movie but was no such thing. I think the Happening had the same problem. I still though refuse to see the Lady in the Water or whatever it is called.
It's not for everyone. I avoided it for a long time because of all the bad reviews but then I read an article where he was saying how he tried to make a modern day Ed Wood style film. That piqued my interest because I love those old cheesy sci-fi movies and I ended up watching Happening twice in two days and enjoyed it each time. My wife was adamant about not watching it but I told her ahead of time what to expect, and her being a huge scifi bmovie fan herself, she really enjoyed it as well.I think M. Night markets his movies wrong and that just adds problems for him. The Village was a decent movie but most people said they didn't like it because it was marketed as a horror movie but was no such thing. I think the Happening had the same problem. I still though refuse to see the Lady in the Water or whatever it is called.
I'll take Lady over the crapring all day long. As you've pointed out, M. tries to add very subtle distinctions to his movies in terms of the audience he writes for, Lady is a fairytale.

I watched 'Click'. It was good because it was funny and the wife was hot and Adam Sandler is always funny. I liked the part where he was slapping Hasselhoff and farting in his face because that was funny to me. I laughed a lot which is good for a comedy because I think that is the point. But it was also kind of sad there in the middle which is okay sometimes but there needs to be funny times around the sad times and I think it did that okay I guess but who really knows these things I guess maybe Rogert Ebert but hes probably pretty busy right now and wouldnt respond to my email so I wont bother.

King Pin- hadn't seen it in a long time. A few frailties but the sentimental value made up for it.Pretty persuasion - a sexy 15 year old genius girl who is willing to give lickouts and blowjobs to advance further in her goals. So obviously very watchable.Intelligent writers and I was really enjoying it aside from one or two annoying things.Kind of petered out at the end though and was disappointed with the "reason". Need more time to think about it.I picked King Pin and girlfriend picked pretty persuasion so it was definitely a quality movie in that regard, the last thing she picked was a lot like love, or which ever one ashton kutcher is in

Gross Point Blank.Started watching a few (15 to 20) minutes in, so Im not sure what I missed, but the rest was pretty good stuff.
It shows him killing a few people... not really necessary for the plot though so you didn't miss anything.I want to see Gran Torino and The Wrestler, but they are not showing any where close... sigh.