Also over Thanksgiving, I saw Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It was OK. Definitely not good but it wasn't too terrible. It would have been great if they could've gotten the actors voices that portrayed them in earlier films.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I watched Ghost of Mississippi last night. It was pretty good. I was not sure if I had seen it, and I don't believe that I had. Unfortunately Netflix crashed with like 15 minutes left, so I have to watch the end tonight

Slow weekend = Busy movie weekendNarnia-Prince Caspian MehPineapple Express Pretty funny/Pretty stupidChangeling Excellent Traitor Another excellent. Really enjoyed itIncredible Hulk Was good but never would have watched it if it wasn't Ed Norton.

I saw Black Hawk Down for the first time this after noon ( yeah, I know). I really liked it, except for the first 40 minutes of it, which I dub "Operation Foreshadow". I mean, jesus h christ, have you ever seen so much painful, gratuitous foreshadowing in a movie ever? It was painful to watch. I seriously think they could have cut about 25 minutes off the top of this movie.

I saw Black Hawk Down for the first time this after noon ( yeah, I know). I really liked it, except for the first 40 minutes of it, which I dub "Operation Foreshadow". I mean, jesus h christ, have you ever seen so much painful, gratuitous foreshadowing in a movie ever? It was painful to watch. I seriously think they could have cut about 25 minutes off the top of this movie.
I tried to watch that movie once in high school. But I was super drunk and passed out.

Step Brothers - really liked itHancock - Started out good but got weird towards the endI saw Black Hawk Down in the theater. Probably one of the best movie experiences I've had, and one of my favorite war movies. Serious non-stop action the whole way through.

Step Brothers...I am pissed at myself for not seeing this in the theater as it was hilarious.It's the ****ing Catalina Wine Mixer!!!And the dirty whore wife that was the secretary on Crossing Jordan....good stuff

I'm surprised that you liked it. (I did.)

Wanted... I liked it a lot, highly recommended.

I really liked the ending especially when the guy says "What the **** have you done" at the end. I was a little disappointed that Jolie curved that bullet at the end that killed everyone. I thought a cool ending would have been her killing Sloan, then the rest of the assassins quitting and starting a normal life. I'm still satisfied with the ending they went with though, they could have taken a lot of different angles with the ending.

The Incredible Hulk (2008 version) bummed I didn't watch this in the theater as I really enjoyed it but my wife didn't want to go. Oh well... i loved some of the tie-ins at the end...hopefully Marvel will continue to keep stuff in house and connect stories that have been that way in the past.

Chronicles of Narnia... Prince Caspian.So many WTF moments in this movie. So Peter is getting his ass kicked at the starting of the movie in the subway, then all of a sudden he gets shipped to Narnia and he is King Peter the Magnificent and is badass... WTF. 1000's of people/creatures die and it is a Disney movie... WTF. There is a dude in the movie who looks and sounds exactly like Roberto Begnini (sp?), but isn't.... WTF. There is some weird evil bird looking creature that was the worst costume I've ever seen.... WTF. Aslan's part is another big WTF.So when the movie was over I said WTF again, but it was still entertaining. There were a lot of WTF moments in the 1st movie also.

Changeling. Tremendous movie. Strong script and good acting, and kudos to Eastwood for a fine job.

I'm not much of a fan of movies that have "feminist" tones because often they try to skew the viewer's perspective in an unfair way, but in this case the film very accurately portrayed the grave injustice that faced women back during those times in regards to what went on in psychiatric wards and how easy it was for a woman to just get dumped in there for the most absurd reasons. Of course that stuff was only a small portion of the injustices that were going on in the film, but that portrayal was what stuck out most in my mind.

I enjoyed it. I wouldn't go telling all my friends to run out and watch it but yea it was pretty good. A Clint Eastwood movie = interesting sombre story.My friend and girlfriend got in to a row over whether hes racist, my friend said there was no black extras or anything and he did the same in Iowa Jim. She was saying its the times back then and they were not part of the storyline, and he was taking way too much from it. None of us have an idea about LA in 1928 but I reckon there was more than 1 black person there. Anyway I'm undecided about that arguement they had but good movie
I could watch an entire movie of just Vince Vaughn talking to people.
Exactly. I made the mistake of watching "the break up" the only thing that made me bare through it was his rants. When hes playing football on the xbox online and is winning by 50 points saying to the 12 year old" is that your mother? don't let her see the score, what would your mother say if she knew you were losing by this much" killed me.
Review?
7/10It's a slow moving drama between two friends, with one inside a concentration camp and the other, the son of the officer that runs the camp.... it's kind-of like Shawshank, but not even in the same zip code. I recommend it.
My friend and girlfriend got in to a row over whether hes racist, my friend said there was no black extras or anything and he did the same in Iowa Jim. She was saying its the times back then and they were not part of the storyline, and he was taking way too much from it. None of us have an idea about LA in 1928 but I reckon there was more than 1 black person there. Anyway I'm undecided about that arguement they had but good movie
Spike Lee made the same claim because there were no black people in Letters from Iwo Jima. Clint’s reply was that black and white soldiers didn’t fight together then, so it wouldn’t make sense to have black soldiers in the unit there, since, you know, they weren’t actually there.Then he said, oh by the way, have you seen this movie that I directed?