I finally got around to seeing the original Die Hard. I really enjoyed it (though I don't see how it is #122 on imdb's top 25).Having seen this, I would really like to see Live Free or Die Hard being rated R and I think on the DVD they have an r rated version so I'm going to watch that after I watch the next 2 (I got all four of them on DVD in a box set).
You are a conundrum wrapped in bacon.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I finally got around to seeing the original Die Hard. I really enjoyed it (though I don't see how it is #122 on imdb's top 25).
Did you live under some sort of rock before you showed up on FCP and starting agreeing with posts? Cause it baffles me - truly baffles me - the films you have seen and haven't seen, and some of your opinions on said films. Baffles me.As for me, I got around to watching Death Race the other night. Totally felt like there was a good movie hiding under really bad editing and a rushed script, which is a shame.
Maybe with King Of the Hill being cancelled Mike Judge might think about reviving these charachters. I would watch
Me too...... remember how crappy Hank Hill was drawn on B&B?(His name was actually Anderson...but it's where Hank Hill came from)"Aren't you those boys that's been whacking off in my shed?"
Me too...... remember how crappy Hank Hill was drawn on B&B?(His name was actually Anderson...but it's where Hank Hill came from)"Aren't you those boys that's been whacking off in my shed?"
What's the deal with your sig picture?

American Gangster - pretty good but I felt the end was anti climatic. It ended and I thought to myself, 'that's it?'.I Am Legend - not as bad as I heard it was, but nothing special. I was intrigued by the premise since I first saw the trailer/read up on the book it was based on, but the finished product was only mildy entertaining.We Own the Night - again, meh, but the first scene is pretty hot. Pretty blah performance from Marky Mark though; overall, looking at the cast I'd think it would be better.The Kingdom - Not bad, and not really what I expected. It was kind of like CSI: Saudia Arabia.

Hellboy 2I thought that the visuals were cool, but the climax of the movie was kind of dumb. The alien dude didn't even get the chick at the end. The best part was when they were going through the troll station.I'd like Guillermo del Toro to do more movies in this genre. His characters he creates are definitely awesome.I think I would have liked it better if I saw it in the theater.

I finally got around to seeing the original Die Hard. I really enjoyed it (though I don't see how it is #122 on imdb's top 25).Having seen this, I would really like to see Live Free or Die Hard being rated R and I think on the DVD they have an r rated version so I'm going to watch that after I watch the next 2 (I got all four of them on DVD in a box set).
Watched Die Hard, and as a person that's not the biggest action junkie, I loved it.
What the hell is wrong with you people?!?
What the hell is wrong with you people?!?
What? It was an enjoyable movie for what it was: an action movie. Not every movie has to have some sort of message, or have an intricate plot line. Sometimes it's nice to mindlessly watch shit get blown up. I wouldn't put "Die Hard" as one of my top 10 movies of all time, but it was a good movie.
What? It was an enjoyable movie for what it was: an action movie. Not every movie has to have some sort of message, or have an intricate plot line. Sometimes it's nice to mindlessly watch shit get blown up. I wouldn't put "Die Hard" as one of my top 10 movies of all time, but it was a good movie.
I was not commenting on the quality of Die Hard. Have you ever seen The Godfather? Or how about Star Wars? Those are decent flicks you should check them out sometime.
I was not commenting on the quality of Die Hard. Have you ever seen The Godfather? Or how about Star Wars? Those are decent flicks you should check them out sometime.
Seen both, love both.

I just went to a Universal preview screening of Milk (they claimed it to be the first time in the world that it had been screened) which is said to be the film to beat in this years Oscar's race starring Sean Penn, Emile Hirsch, James Franco.It's essentially a film which chronicles the life of Harvey Milk, the first politician to be voted into any form of American Government who was openly gay, which is a true story and occurred in the 1970's out of San Francisco. I loved it, admittedly I was a little uncomfortable with the open affection initially, it enhanced the story so much and really helped the story progress while showing Milk's personal life away from the politics. Penn did a fantastic job, so charismatic that even the biggest detractor would fall in love with him by the films end, obviously I haven't seen films such as Slumdog Millionaire (yet, should be a few weeks) which are said to be other main contenders for the awards season, but I think this is an Oscar winning performance. Hirsch is great as well, he's not an incredibly influential character, but he has enough input so that you realize how great he was. Franco was great also, good to see his range after Pineapple Express where all he seemingly did was mumble and laugh with his eyes half shut (funny, but still)I would recommend it, and place your house and land on Penn for best actor.* I work in the film industry, let me know if you found this at all interesting because I'm happy to give you updates as I screen more upcoming films.

* I work in the film industry, let me know if you found this at all interesting because I'm happy to give you updates as I screen more upcoming films.
Yes please.What other films coming out have strong Oscar potential?

Rocky Balboa - not bad, even though I am not the biggest Rocky fan...I just can't keep a straight face listening to Sly. How there was not a Mr T cameo I do not know....No Country for Old Men - I really enjoyed this and am annoyed with myself now for putting off seeing it.