I didn't like Transformers, but I didn't see it in the theater either, which would have helped. I did find the action hard to follow, mainly figuring out which robot was which. Additionally, I didn't feel any emotional attachment to any of the robots. Oh well. I'm sure I won't like the sequel either. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.And I was a huge Transformer fan growing up, too. I own a dog-eared copy of the #1 Transformers comic book and dozens of the toys are in a box in my mom's basement. I loved the cartoon movie with every fiber of my being. Freaking Optimus died! That's emotion, Michael Bay. Try including a little in between explosions.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I didn't like Transformers, but I didn't see it in the theater either, which would have helped. I did find the action hard to follow, mainly figuring out which robot was which. Additionally, I didn't feel any emotional attachment to any of the robots. Oh well. I'm sure I won't like the sequel either. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.And I was a huge Transformer fan growing up, too. I own a dog-eared copy of the #1 Transformers comic book and dozens of the toys are in a box in my mom's basement. I loved the cartoon movie with every fiber of my being. Freaking Optimus died! That's emotion, Michael Bay. Try including a little in between explosions.
but that would leave less time for explosions, and really, aren't explosions more entertaining than emotions?
I didn't like Transformers, but I didn't see it in the theater either, which would have helped. I did find the action hard to follow, mainly figuring out which robot was which. Additionally, I didn't feel any emotional attachment to any of the robots. Oh well. I'm sure I won't like the sequel either. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
One of the cool things about seeing it in the theater was seeing the awesome-looking robots 30 feet tall. Whether you liked the movie or not, how amazing were the effects in that movie?Also, let me see if I can post my opinions on two movies with out people saying I'm dumb:Blow-after I saw that Johnny Depp was in it, and Pablo Escobar/Medellin was in it, I really wanted to see this movie. I thought it was really good. Depp was great and the movie was great.Four Brothers-I love these kind of movies-the action/drama about revenge, and it was really good. Tyrese Gibson, Andre 3000, and Mark Wahlberg were great.
One of the cool things about seeing it in the theater was seeing the awesome-looking robots 30 feet tall. Whether you liked the movie or not, how amazing were the effects in that movie?Also, let me see if I can post my opinions on two movies with out people saying I'm dumb:Blow-after I saw that Johnny Depp was in it, and Pablo Escobar/Medellin was in it, I really wanted to see this movie. I thought it was really good. Depp was great and the movie was great.Four Brothers-I love these kind of movies-the action/drama about revenge, and it was really good. Tyrese Gibson, Andre 3000, and Mark Wahlberg were great.
i agree with you! about Blow, anyways. but then again, i like anything with Johnny Depp - he's dreamy.
Blow was OK, I don't know why it was just one of those movies that you always just felt uncomfortable with what the characters are doing, and for whatever reason, I do not enjoy those types of movies.Four Bros. - I thought it was going to be pretty good and I was wrong. It was pretty bad.

I just saw Collateral for the 50th time... and it was as good as ever.Do yourself a favor, go rent a movie directed by Michael Mann... it doesn't really matter which one... just do it. You're welcome.

I just saw Collateral for the 50th time... and it was as good as ever.Do yourself a favor, go rent a movie directed by Michael Mann... it doesn't really matter which one... just do it. You're welcome.
On your advice which you gave about 5 minutes ago, I just rented "The Keep". I just finished it two minutes ago and it sucked.
do ss24 a favour, go rent a movie directed by Michael Bay... it doesn't really matter which one... just do it. I'm sorry.
Blow is a movie I feel like I've seen 100 times. Same rise and fall of a greedy guy. It was fine, but I'm kinda tired of that genre.
But his character was slighlty different. At the beginning, you are right. It was the rise and fall of a greedy guy. But the end was different because he only wanted enough money to help his daughter, not for his wealth.
do ss24 a favour, go rent a movie directed by Michael Bay... it doesn't really matter which one... just do it. I'm sorry.
I haven't seen many of his movies. Only Transformers and the Bad Boys movies.

I'd just like to say that while I've been giving ss24 a hard time in here lately, he is right about a few things. He does do an admirable job of representing the average movie watcher. He is the target audience for many, or most, of the mainstream films put out, especially summer blockbusters and mindless comedies. And when he says a movie is 'good', in a way, he's right. Most of the movies he is saying are good ARE, if you define good as 'successfully achieving their goals', which usually consist of making people feel okay about giving away $6/hr to watch things that they will not remember but keeps their butts planted in their seats. And I think that definition is somewhat valid, and also unfortunate. The vast majority of the movie watching public clearly don't want to be challenged or truly engaged by what they're watching, and the movie business is just that - a business. It's their job to cater to these people. Unfortunately that has proven to be a very successful strategy, and on the whole, the ART (not business) of making movies has suffered. And as these 'good' moneymakers continue to succeed, the unfortunate byproduct is that it becomes less 'cool', less 'desirable', to watch a movie that makes you think, or even to think in general. I see it in the friends of my niece, who at times mock her for wanting to do well in school and for liking to read. I remember it from when I was her age too. And that is a shame, and is shameful.The majority just want mindless entertainment for a few hours, and don't want to have to try and think about what they just watched, to have to discuss it with friends to really get full value from it, to need to rewatch it to see what nuances and depth they may have missed the first time. At times, I'm one of that majority - I suspect nearly all of us are. But I do wish that the minority would get out there and vote with their dollars a little more frequently, to ensure that the art of film can continue to coexist with the business of film.

I'd just like to say that while I've been giving ss24 a hard time in here lately, he is right about a few things. He does do an admirable job of representing the average movie watcher. He is the target audience for many, or most, of the mainstream films put out, especially summer blockbusters and mindless comedies. And when he says a movie is 'good', in a way, he's right. Most of the movies he is saying are good ARE, if you define good as 'successfully achieving their goals', which usually consist of making people feel okay about giving away $6/hr to watch things that they will not remember but keeps their butts planted in their seats. And I think that definition is somewhat valid, and also unfortunate. The vast majority of the movie watching public clearly don't want to be challenged or truly engaged by what they're watching, and the movie business is just that - a business. It's their job to cater to these people. Unfortunately that has proven to be a very successful strategy, and on the whole, the ART (not business) of making movies has suffered. And as these 'good' moneymakers continue to succeed, the unfortunate byproduct is that it becomes less 'cool', less 'desirable', to watch a movie that makes you think, or even to think in general. I see it in the friends of my niece, who at times mock her for wanting to do well in school and for liking to read. I remember it from when I was her age too. And that is a shame, and is shameful.The majority just want mindless entertainment for a few hours, and don't want to have to try and think about what they just watched, to have to discuss it with friends to really get full value from it, to need to rewatch it to see what nuances and depth they may have missed the first time. At times, I'm one of that majority - I suspect nearly all of us are. But I do wish that the minority would get out there and vote with their dollars a little more frequently, to ensure that the art of film can continue to coexist with the business of film.
ShowStopper... did you make a fake account?JUST KIDDING
On your advice which you gave about 5 minutes ago, I just rented "The Keep". I just finished it two minutes ago and it sucked.
Wow, that was fast... did you borrow ss24's special super fast movie watching machine?
LOL
ShowStopper... did you make a fake account?JUST KIDDING
Showstopper is at about a 6th grade level for composition... so no... that wasn't showstopper.A good equation to follow...Well thought out reasoning, written in a logical way with good grammar does not equal ss24.
The majority just want mindless entertainment for a few hours, and don't want to have to try and think about what they just watched, to have to discuss it with friends to really get full value from it, to need to rewatch it to see what nuances and depth they may have missed the first time. At times, I'm one of that majority - I suspect nearly all of us are. But I do wish that the minority would get out there and vote with their dollars a little more frequently, to ensure that the art of film can continue to coexist with the business of film.
That's all I'm trying to say. I watch movies to entertain myself for an hour and a half. Do I want to see a movie that will make me think? No. I want a movie that I can text my friend and say, "I just watched____ and it was good." While other people go on internet forums all day and jack off to 'lol's and making fun of cyber people, I would rather watch the sexiness of Kiefer Sutherland or Mark Wahlberg...no homo.

This post isn't about the last movie I saw, but it's a link to a fun way to waste some time.http://www.empireonline.com/features/posterletters/The sentene "Can you guess all these movies from these letters?" is spelled using single letters from different movie posters and you have to guess what movie the letter is from. Just click on the letter to see the poster.I got 19 out of 46, which I think is pretty good considering it took me less than 10 minutes.

Last night, I rented Charlie Wilson's War. I rented it because I've heard good things about it. My cousin-in-law (is there such a thing? I don't know, but he's married to my cousin) has almost the EXACT same taste in movies as I do. He told me to rent Sling Blade, it's one of my favorite movies. He told me that Hudsucker Proxy was fantastic and a must see. (I think he understated that fact) I told him that he should watch The Big Lebowski. (It's now his favorite movie) Anyway, he told me that Charlie Wilson's War was great in mid-July, but something about it just always turned me off. I think it might have been Julia Roberts. So I've been putting off watching it FOREVER. I had absolutely no desire to see this movie at all. (...and I've BEEN to Afghanistan!!) So last night I put it in the DVD player and the menu came up. Have you ever put a movie in the player and then just got a sick feeling in your stomach and said "Why the crap am I going to waste the next two hours?". I just couldn't do it, so I turned it off. Then this morning I watched it. All I can say is holy crap. That is a good movie. It's incredibly well written. There are so many good lines, it's hard remember them all. I know that I'll be watching this a 2nd time very soon. If you haven't seen Charlie Wilson's War... run, don't walk, to Netflix or the video store and rent this movie. Philip Seymour Hoffman is amazing.

Just watched Old School for the first time. As a Will Ferrell fan, I'm disappointed that it took me so long to see it. It was really good, probably second to Anchorman in terms of favorite movies of his.

Last night, I rented Charlie Wilson's War. I rented it because I've heard good things about it. My cousin-in-law (is there such a thing? I don't know, but he's married to my cousin) has almost the EXACT same taste in movies as I do. He told me to rent Sling Blade, it's one of my favorite movies. He told me that Hudsucker Proxy was fantastic and a must see. (I think he understated that fact) I told him that he should watch The Big Lebowski. (It's now his favorite movie) Anyway, he told me that Charlie Wilson's War was great in mid-July, but something about it just always turned me off. I think it might have been Julia Roberts. So I've been putting off watching it FOREVER. I had absolutely no desire to see this movie at all. (...and I've BEEN to Afghanistan!!) So last night I put it in the DVD player and the menu came up. Have you ever put a movie in the player and then just got a sick feeling in your stomach and said "Why the crap am I going to waste the next two hours?". I just couldn't do it, so I turned it off. Then this morning I watched it. All I can say is holy crap. That is a good movie. It's incredibly well written. There are so many good lines, it's hard remember them all. I know that I'll be watching this a 2nd time very soon. If you haven't seen Charlie Wilson's War... run, don't walk, to Netflix or the video store and rent this movie. Philip Seymour Hoffman is amazing.
Standard.The last movie I saw was Wag The Dog. A bit overrated, I'd say. Good, but not great.