Amazing move but I stillthink it wouldnt have sold as much if Ledger didnt die.
That's the dumbest thing I've read on here in 7 months.You're implying more people saw it because he was dead?You really aren't ...ummmm... smart.At all.
I think the movie definitely did better due to Ledger's death.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

I thought NCFOM 'cooked' (not like National Treasure (That will lead to a clue and that will lead to another clue and that will lead to another clue...(Van Helsing: he will help you (probably only showstopper knows what I'm talking about here))). At least for the first 2/3 or more of the movie. The last bit is 'slow' but it's still a great entertaining movie.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
Amazing move but I stillthink it wouldnt have sold as much if Ledger didnt die.
Duh. If Ledger was still alive, there would be about 1/10 of the hype for the Joker character and the Joker was the only reason why it made so much. If every person didn't say that Ledger's Joker was the best thing they've ever seen but just an average performance, it wouldn't have done as well...and if Ledger was alive, his performance would've been praised, but not nearly as much as it has been.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.Duh. If Ledger was still alive, there would be about 1/10 of the hype for the Joker character and the Joker was the only reason why it made so much. If every person didn't say that Ledger's Joker was the best thing they've ever seen but just an average performance, it wouldn't have done as well...and if Ledger was alive, his performance would've been praised, but not nearly as much as it has been.
I don't want to be repetitive so I'll just keep quiet this time.
That's the dumbest thing I've read on here in 7 months.You're implying more people saw it because he was dead?You really aren't ...ummmm... smart.At all.
Are you really saying you think the movie would havedone as well if the worlds TV screens werent bombarded with the Ledger death story for 2 weeks straight?At the time of his death news stations were claiming "Ledger died because his mind was twisted by his preparation for his Joker character". QuoteThat said I still think it is a great movie.
Obviously every movie wants as big of an audience as possible, but I would assume that before the movie came out, the studio expected most of the ticket sales to come from teens. And obviosuly they also expected a lot of families to come out and see it.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.Duh. If Ledger was still alive, there would be about 1/10 of the hype for the Joker character and the Joker was the only reason why it made so much. If every person didn't say that Ledger's Joker was the best thing they've ever seen but just an average performance, it wouldn't have done as well...and if Ledger was alive, his performance would've been praised, but not nearly as much as it has been.
I'm impressed. Making yourself look dumber with every single post isn't easy to do. Every once and a while a blind squirrel finds a nut but continue to defy the odds day in and day out.My take,No Country doesn't appear to as wide an audience as National Treasure but that doesn't mean anything. 100% Film enthusiast's (people that know what their talking about) will tell you that No Country is by far the better movie.Despite all the hype Dark Knight is a damn good movie. I generally have my doubts with over-hyped movies but this one exceeded my expectations. It's not perfect, It's not one of the greatest of all time but it was a damn good movie.
No Country doesn't appear to as wide an audience as National Treasure but that doesn't mean anything. 100% Film enthusiast's (people that know what their talking about) will tell you that No Country is by far the better movie.
That's really what this is all about. It's fine, it's your god given right, to like National Treasure more than NCFOM. I'll just think you're an idiot, and have no respect for you as a person or as a movie fan. In all fairness, I haven't seen National Treasure, as the previews for it made it look like the most intellectually insulting movie of all time. And I've seen the Day After Tommorrow, so I set that bar high.
That's really what this is all about. It's fine, it's your god given right, to like National Treasure more than NCFOM. I'll just think you're an idiot, and have no respect for you as a person or as a movie fan. In all fairness, I haven't seen National Treasure, as the previews for it made it look like the most intellectually insulting movie of all time. And I've seen the Day After Tommorrow, so I set that bar high.
i posted a little recap up there somewhere - read it, be spoiled, and then watch it if only to marvel at how unbelievably BAD it is and how many threads are left unraveled and how many times you can pause it to ask yourself in the mirror - WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!
In all fairness, I haven't seen National Treasure, as the previews for it made it look like the most intellectually insulting movie of all time. And I've seen the Day After Tommorrow, so I set that bar high.
Oh, it's bad, but it's not that bad.

Who goes into a movie like The Day After Tomorrow or Transformers or NT/NT2 looking to see a well directed, well written, superb piece of film? Certain movies require a completely different mindset. I guess my point is I just never expect much from those movies. I just want them to hold my interest, regardless how lame it is, for 2 hours. Lanky clearly paid full attention to NT2 based on his rant a few posts above so at least you didn't turn it off, right there it won and you lost.

Who goes into a movie like The Day After Tomorrow or Transformers or NT/NT2 looking to see a well directed, well written, superb piece of film? Certain movies require a completely different mindset. I guess my point is I just never expect much from those movies. I just want them to hold my interest, regardless how lame it is, for 2 hours. Lanky clearly paid full attention to NT2 based on his rant a few posts above so at least you didn't turn it off, right there it won and you lost.
i was thoroughly entertained by it.
Who goes into a movie like The Day After Tomorrow or Transformers or NT/NT2 or Step Brothers looking to see a well directed, well written, superb piece of film? Certain movies require a completely different mindset. I guess my point is I just never expect much from those movies. I just want them to hold my interest, regardless how lame it is, for 2 hours. Lanky clearly paid full attention to NT2 based on his rant a few posts above so at least you didn't turn it off, right there it won and you lost.
FYP

I enjoyed National Treasure. It was a bit over the top but it was very entertaining. National Treasure 2 took all the bad parts of the first and magnified them x10. Not good at all. And I am SURE we will get a third installment at some point.Just saw 25th Hour again. I really enjoy that movie. Looking to finally see Transformers this weekend. Have it taped on DVR from HBO HD.Also, there is a new Cohn bros. movie coming out which looks very promising. Clooney, Pitt, John Malkovich, etc.....great looking cast.

I liked Transformers and I don't care what anyone says. I am sure 90% of that is because they are my absolute favorite toy from my childhood and I still have about 50 transformers that I my son now plays with. I literally got aroused at the beginning of the movie the first time I heard the sound the transformers make when they change form. MEMORIES!

I liked Transformers and I don't care what anyone says. I am sure 90% of that is because they are my absolute favorite toy from my childhood and I still have about 50 transformers that I my son now plays with. I literally got aroused at the beginning of the movie the first time I heard the sound the transformers make when they change form. MEMORIES!
I liked that movie a lot and I never had the toys or watched the cartoon as a child. I had no issue whatsoever following the action which seems to be a common complaint amongst film nazi's. It had a good pace, it was entertaining and the effects were SS24 approved.

Transformers was ok, but it never managed to make me suspend disbelief either, in large part because I spent a fair bit of time comparing it in my head to the cartoon and trying to figure out who was who. The never-ending product placement was jarring too, and why oh why didn't they just buy the damn glasses from Shia on ebay for $30? Other than the fact that it would have been a boring ass movie? Shia was alright though, and that chick was hot.

Transformers was ok, but it never managed to make me suspend disbelief either, in large part because I spent a fair bit of time comparing it in my head to the cartoon and trying to figure out who was who. The never-ending product placement was jarring too, and why oh why didn't they just buy the damn glasses from Shia on ebay for $30? Other than the fact that it would have been a boring ass movie? Shia was alright though, and that chick was hot.
Your problem is clearly that you have to analyze every piece of info you receive. If I did that with anything I watched I would be miserable. (well more miserable than you already believe I am).
Your problem is clearly that you have to analyze every piece of info you receive. If I did that with anything I watched I would be miserable. (well more miserable than you already believe I am).
no, i really don't. i liked transformers, it was pretty much what i expected it to be, although a few things about it definately annoyed me. but i generally try to let movies take me where they want to take me; it's just that sometimes, they aren't able to.
No Country doesn't appear to as wide an audience as National Treasure but that doesn't mean anything. 100% Film enthusiast's (people that know what their talking about) will tell you that No Country is by far the better movie.
I'm sorry for not being clear, but I do not think NCfOM is a worse movie than NT2. All I'm saying is that I would rather watch NT2 because it was more entertaining. Let me go back to Citizen Kane. Everybody considers it one of the greatest movies of all time, but wouldn't you rather watch NT2 than Citizen Kane even though NT2 is not as 'good'?
no, i really don't. i liked transformers, it was pretty much what i expected it to be, although a few things about it definately annoyed me. but i generally try to let movies take me where they want to take me; it's just that sometimes, they aren't able to.
I agree, the product placement pissed me off too. But I did find out that VW/Porsche would not let them use their products, that is why Bumblebee was not a Bug and Jazz was not a 911. Jadaki and his endless wealth of random knowledge told me that.
I enjoyed National Treasure. It was a bit over the top but it was very entertaining. National Treasure 2 took all the bad parts of the first and magnified them x10.
I agree with this. I enjoyed the first one.
I also liked Transformers. I can suspend believe if I have too. The only part of the entire movie that pissed me off was that the glasses had any meaning at all. How would turning on Megatrons locator break the glasses in such a way to give the coordinates to the cube? Lazy writing like that really pisses me off. I can almost HEAR the writers meeting. "Let's just have the glasses break and give the location?" "WHAT?!?! That's retarded!" "It's ok, ss24 will thinks it's cool and logic won't even begin to enter his brain."
I agree, the product placement pissed me off too. But I did find out that VW/Porsche would not let them use their products, that is why Bumblebee was not a Bug and Jazz was not a 911. Jadaki and his endless wealth of random knowledge told me that.
It was pretty common knowledge.

Jadaki said it best I think and it fits for many of the movies we have discussed like Transformers and NT (not NT2 though from the looks of it). It's a popcorn movie. No Country is not a popcorn movie. Michael Clayton is not a popcorn movie. Booty Call is a popcorn movie. 10000 BC is just pure crap.Edit: I should elaborate on that a bit I think.10000BC is trying to portray a time period in history. Sure it's pure fiction because 1. there were no civilizations in 10000BC and the wooly mammoth didn't live in the desert. Tigers were not as big as 2 story colonial homes either. But I have a hard time suspending belief when it the movie is attempting to portray a real time period.But then some people hated Cloverfield because, monsters don't exist. What?