Once[/b]. I was expecting to really like it and I was expecting it to be really good. This film easily exceeded my expectations. I was blown away by how much I loved it. 9/10.
Completely Agree. I mentioned this on the first page. Yea, its brilliant. I love it.I've seen his band play live a good few times. ALways a good act. Real Happy he has some international exposure. Hes a really nice guy.Oscars Performance
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Logan, looks like you've got some quality viewing to do. Little Children was viewed tonight. I have no idea why this was in my queue but it's an incredibly well done film. Everything about this film screams quality. Two thumbs and four toes up.

I had a couple of days off last week so I rode down the local theater and caught Persepolis. True story Indie film about a little girl growing up in the Islamic Revolution. I didn't realize it was animated before I went so I was a little disappointed in that, but at least it wasn't totally cartoonish animation. The writer/director Marjane Satrapi lived a pretty incredible life for someone growing up during that time. It is told from a little girl's perspective and portrayed humorously during a very serious time.

Saw Married Life this weekend with a couple of friends. It's very psychological (little action), set in the late 1940s or early 1950s. A middle-aged man has a crisis when he meets a younger woman and falls in love. He decides he can't bear to humiliate his wife by divorcing her, so he decides to poison her instead. Pierce Brosnan is his best friend, who also falls for the younger woman. I can't tell much more than that without giving away the ending. Not a bad film though -- thought-provoking and well-crafted.

I've watched Once 4 times since last Monday, it keeps getting better. Also just saw Feast, the project Greenlight 3 movie. It was decent.Rushmore is the DVD player.

Logan, looks like you've got some quality viewing to do. Little Children was viewed tonight. I have no idea why this was in my queue but it's an incredibly well done film. Everything about this film screams quality. Two thumbs and four toes up.
Yeah, I pretty much love Netflix. I watched (most) of Windy City Heat (fell asleep about an hour in). Didn't love it. Clever, but not laugh-out-loud funny.Trying to decide what to bump to the top of the queue. I'm leaning towards Happiness or Owning Mahoney. I love me some Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Cashback is a darkhorse because I've heard amazing things, and have wanted to see it since I was too lazy to check it out at the Seattle International Film Festival last year.
Yeah, I pretty much love Netflix. I watched (most) of Windy City Heat (fell asleep about an hour in). Didn't love it. Clever, but not laugh-out-loud funny.Trying to decide what to bump to the top of the queue. I'm leaning towards Happiness or Owning Mahoney. I love me some Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Cashback is a darkhorse because I've heard amazing things, and have wanted to see it since I was too lazy to check it out at the Seattle International Film Festival last year.
Owning Mahoney's pretty damn good if you can get past Minnie Driver as his girlfriend. Of course, you have to see it eventually so why wait.The Tao of Steve is a must see if you haven't seen it yet.

I have Sin City, Michael Clayton, and TWBB right now. This will be a good week of movie viewing.

Watched Eastern Promises last night. Viggo was great as always but the movie overall was just so-so and having to see his package during the big fight scene wasn't anything I needed to see but it kept with the realism. Watched Ocean's 13 again cause the fiance slept through it when we saw it at the drive in last summer.

Watched Charlie Wilson's War this weekend. I had read quite a bit about these events a couple years ago so I wanted to see what hollywood would do to it. As far as I was concerned Philip Seymour Hoffman stole the movie. His dead pan delivery was great.C+

Some silent movie about WWI last night on Turner Classic Movies. I love silent films -- the clothes, the makeup/hair, the backgrounds, and especially the wildly pacifist politics (with no inkling of WWII on the horizon). It's so alien that it's fascinating.

I just saw Rushmore, and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. I thought it was ok, but I was expecting it to be great. I guess I saw it out of order with The Royal Tennenbaums which is FAR superior.

Watched Breakfast at Tiffany's after the Avs got destroyed by the Wings last night. This is one of the movies that people (read chicks) say is a must see. So, now I've seen it and I wish I hadn't. What an awful movie. The Holly Golightly character is basically a fleetly gold digger and generally not a nice person. I don't want to use the "C" word here because it's just a smidge too harsh. I'm sure the book explored her relationship with her ex-husband Doc and the necessity of her situation but the movie only explored that angle briefly. Two good things about the movie is that the song Moon River rules and I had no idea Audry Hepburn was that attractive.

Watched Breakfast at Tiffany's after the Avs got destroyed by the Wings last night. This is one of the movies that people (read chicks) say is a must see. So, now I've seen it and I wish I hadn't. What an awful movie. The Holly Golightly character is basically a fleetly gold digger and generally not a nice person. I don't want to use the "C" word here because it's just a smidge too harsh. I'm sure the book explored her relationship with her ex-husband Doc and the necessity of her situation but the movie only explored that angle briefly. Two good things about the movie is that the song Moon River rules and I had no idea Audry Hepburn was that attractive.
She was always the hot one.

The wife is out of town and tonight's my "down night", so I'm thinking about either Dan In Real Life or The Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou. Hmmmm....game time decision.

The wife is out of town and tonight's my "down night", so I'm thinking about either Dan In Real Life or The Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou. Hmmmm....game time decision.
This is a poor man's Royal Tennenbaum's... but still ok. Haven't seen "Dan", but it's in my netflix queue.
I have turned off maybe a dozen movies in my lifetime. This is one of them. Just god awful.
It's funny you mention that, cuz that reminds me of something. I've only walked out of a movie at the theater one time in my life....and it was during Talented Mr. Ripley, which DN mentioned in a blog in the past about how great he thought it was and alot of others agreed. I either totally didn't get it (I was a bit younger then), or that type of movie just isn't my cup of tea. I'm gonna go with option 2. :club:
I have turned off maybe a dozen movies in my lifetime. This is one of them. Just god awful.
That is just wrong. You must not like dry humor.The part of the movie when they talk about being part gay is priceless.
It's funny you mention that, cuz that reminds me of something. I've only walked out of a movie at the theater one time in my life....and it was during Talented Mr. Ripley, which DN mentioned in a blog in the past about how great he thought it was and alot of others agreed. I either totally didn't get it (I was a bit younger then), or that type of movie just isn't my cup of tea. I'm gonna go with option 2. :club:
I did not like it either.The only movie I ever walked out on, and it was not fully because of the movie was Heat. The theater was freezing, We had just come from a basketball game and were in shorts and t-shirts and still a bit sweaty, which made us freezing, and like nothing happened in the first hour so we took off.

Alright, I've thrown in a 3rd option for tonight. Since the wife's not a big thriller movie fan, I'm thinking of I Am Legend too, as I've heard some good things from friends about it. Sooooo, if you'd like, leave me your vote: The Life Aquatic, Dan In Real Life, or I Am Legend. Gracias.

Although the last movie I saw was Iron Man (about an hour ago), I recently saw Juno. It was ok. I don't really see why everybody loved it or how it made 140 million.