Alright, another question for those who've seen this. I got 20 minutes into Arlington Road last night and then had to help my wife study for a test for 3 friggin' hours and didn't get to finish it. I hate coming back and watching movies in this situation unless the first 20 minutes REALLY intrigued me. Is this worth finishing??

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Alright, another question for those who've seen this. I got 20 minutes into Arlington Road last night and then had to help my wife study for a test for 3 friggin' hours and didn't get to finish it. I hate coming back and watching movies in this situation unless the first 20 minutes REALLY intrigued me. Is this worth finishing??
It's probably worth watching more than one more time.
Finished it last night. Really good movie. Tim Robbins is such a creep-ball in these movies. Loved it.
told ya.

Watched Juno...it was ok, wasn't a huge fan.I have TWBB, will watch this weekend.

I watched 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street' tonight. I hadn't read any reviews of the movie and I've never read the story or seen the play. Basically, it started out as a meh film for me. Somehow, my interest kept growing stronger and I was sucked right into the story. I don't like musicals and usually I find them kind of annoying as a story telling medium. This was not the case and by the end I was completely hooked. Two thumbs up. To be more specific, 8/10 stars.

3:10 to YumaIt was just ok. It was obvious they had a hard time editing it in a few spots which made a few scenes choppy instead of flowing like the rest of the movie. The story was decent for a western.

I saw a few movies this weekend....Gone Baby Gone. This was basically exactly what I was expecting.

other than the fact that the little girl ended up living... I thought for sure she would die.

I would give it 6.5/10. It was good.The Kite Runner. This was completely awesome, but I'm totally biased because I went to Afghanistan last summer. I give it 9/10, but I would be curious to what other people thought, since I know I'm so biased.Once. I was expecting to really like it and I was expecting it to be really good. This film easily exceeded my expectations. I was blown away by how much I loved it. 9/10.

I saw a few movies this weekend....Gone Baby Gone. This was basically exactly what I was expecting.

other than the fact that the little girl ended up living... I thought for sure she would die.

I would give it 6.5/10. It was good.The Kite Runner. This was completely awesome, but I'm totally biased because I went to Afghanistan last summer. I give it 9/10, but I would be curious to what other people thought, since I know I'm so biased.Once. I was expecting to really like it and I was expecting it to be really good. This film easily exceeded my expectations. I was blown away by how much I loved it. 9/10.

This was one of the best books I read last year. It's a fantastic story. I'll queue this into my netflix and check it out.

Deja vu - Denzel Washington and Val Kilmer Worst movie ever. Thankfully I can get crappy films from netflix and not feel too badly.

Deja vu - Denzel Washington and Val Kilmer Worst movie ever. Thankfully I can get crappy films from netflix and not feel too badly.
How many movies are in your queue?
Why wouldn't I just watch Training Day again then?
Probably not a horrible choice...though the story is a bit different. It just has the same feel.Watched a few movies in the last 24 hours.... Forgetting Sara Marshall was awesome, I was laughing from start to finish and the story was good too...then double dipped and saw 88 minutes...it was Al Pacino and even he couldn't save this movie, the premise was okay but it tried to hard to be smart. The effort was there it was just poorly executed....and this morning I watched Gridiron Gang on InDemand, I am a big wrestling fan but have never really watched any of The Rock's movies. This one was pretty enjoyable.
How many movies are in your queue?
Currently, 116. I love Netflix. I like to mix in TV shows along with movies. I'm watching the entirety of Seinfeld and The Soprano's. Battlestar Galactica season 3 finally came out and I'll probably move those up since it's pretty much awesome. Here's my next 10:The Pied Piper of Hutzovina (I'm way more excited to see this than I should be) Breakfast at Tiffany's Battlestar Galactica: Season 3: Disc 2 Little Children Seinfeld: Season 6: Disc 3 Lantana Battlestar Galactica: Season 3: Disc 3 The Sopranos: Season 2: Disc 1 Seinfeld: Season 6: Disc 4 Scorched

* DVD Queue (287) DVDs At Home Movie Title Watch Instantly Star Rating Shipped Est. Arrival 1. Feast 04/21/08 04/22/08 Report Problem2. Once 04/17/08 04/18/08 Report Problem3. The Kite Runner 04/17/08 04/18/08 Report ProblemBabel Touching the Void Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story The Station Agent A Room with a View: Special Edition Born Into Brothels Wordplay Dogtown and Z-Boys The Darjeeling Limited Rushmore Barton Fink Miller's Crossing Zodiac Dan in Real Life 3:10 to Yuma Black Snake Moan

Watched Raising Arizona, was good. Nick Cage was good, as was Holly Hunter.

* DVD Queue (287)
You do love the documentary genre. This is what's so good about Netflix. There's no way you could go to your local Blockbuster and rent some of these. Also, you don't have to shell out money to rewatch some great films (Barton Fink/Miller's Crossing) or feel like you've wasted money renting trash like Black Snake Moan. With that queue, I'm surprised you're only getting 3 at a time. I'm on the 6 disc plan so I always have something to watch.
You do love the documentary genre. This is what's so good about Netflix. There's no way you could go to your local Blockbuster and rent some of these. Also, you don't have to shell out money to rewatch some great films (Barton Fink/Miller's Crossing) or feel like you've wasted money renting trash like Black Snake Moan. With that queue, I'm surprised you're only getting 3 at a time. I'm on the 6 disc plan so I always have something to watch.
I agree, Netflix is awesome. I'm not on the 6 disc plan because it's more expensive than the 3 disc plan x2. I can't let them screw me like that. I was thinking about signing up my wife on a separate 3 disc plan, but then I would have to manage 2 queues and that would be annoying.

I like this game:DVDs At Home: 1. Windy City Heat 2. American Movie DVD Queue (492) - I have a lot of TV shows in there.1. Gone Baby Gone 2. Talk to Me 3. Cashback 4. Wag the Dog 5. Broadcast News 6. The Tao of Steve 7. Bamboozled 8. Happiness 9. Owning Mahowny 10. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart