How Are There So Many Terrible Players Playing Decent Limits Online

I dont understand how there can be so many players playing 5-10 and 10-20 and 15-30 etc who are all so absolutely awful and make so many funadamentally stupid plays that any decent player would just laugh at and would never even consider making. And yet all these players never seem to go broke and never go away, how is this possible. If I were as bad as these guys I'd be playing like .50 1.00 and under, not trying to give away hundreds or thousands of dollars at a time.

I dont understand how there can be so many players playing 5-10 and 10-20 and 15-30 etc who are all so absolutely awful and make so many funadamentally stupid plays that any decent player would just laugh at and would never even consider making. And yet all these players never seem to go broke and never go away, how is this possible. If I were as bad as these guys I'd be playing like .50 1.00 and under, not trying to give away hundreds or thousands of dollars at a time.
sorry about that
Some people buy a $2,000 hooker bottle of wine for recreation; others buy-in to a 10-20 NL table. Ah, to have disposable income!

it is stars' way of making the donks come back and the good playuers come back to prey on the bad ones. I have been playing early mornings lately anseriousloy CANOT beat the Eaurodonks. I have yet to come to the conlucsuon of what the **** is going on.

Lol are you guys kidding? if you can't beat donks in the long term then you should look to improve your own game and also don't worry about how anyone else plays and their results.These people probably play poker for fun and have high paid jobs so they can just deposit. I mean if a lawyer loses $5k at poker each year and he enjoys playing as a hobby im sure he wouldn't really mind.

Lol are you guys kidding? if you can't beat donks in the long term then you should look to improve your own game and also don't worry about how anyone else plays and their results.These people probably play poker for fun and have high paid jobs so they can just deposit. I mean if a lawyer loses $5k at poker each year and he enjoys playing as a hobby im sure he wouldn't really mind.
I can understand both sides of the debate. But as I was trying to make this point in another thread, The long run is great and all but when you're sitting down with 5 or 6 donks who constantly chase,you're going to great cracked ALOT in the short run.
I can understand both sides of the debate. But as I was trying to make this point in another thread, The long run is great and all but when you're sitting down with 5 or 6 donks who constantly chase,you're going to great cracked ALOT in the short run.
thats true, but SERIOUSLY, nothing is better then a session where none of them hits their draws and you leave with +3-5 buyins at 1 table alone.

Well basically if you don't like that aspect of the game there isn't much point playing. If a donk did not chase a gutshot for close to even odds you would make less money.

I'm amazed Scotty didn't remember to put "Doug, please expain how there are so many terrible players playing decent limits online" as the thread title. thank god Doug read on..

I'm amazed Scotty didn't remember to put "Doug, please expain how there are so many terrible players playing decent limits online" as the thread title. thank god Doug read on..
The only other thing this thread is lacking is some Drcossack insight and then you can lock it up...
The only other thing this thread is lacking is some Drcossack insight hand histories and then you can lock it up...
fixed yer post :club:
Shut up Doug.

Play tighter and don't try to bluff the weaker players as much as you would better players.If you play the same against opponents of different skill levels you loose/won't extract all possible value.PS: I'm a micro-limit player, so take it as it is.

Is that a lot?
Play tighter and don't try to bluff the weaker players as much as you would better players.If you play the same against opponents of different skill levels you loose/won't extract all possible value.PS: I'm a micro-limit player, so take it as it is.
Pretty much wrong. You can't be afraid to play post flop against bad players. If there are bad players playing a lot of hands then you need open up a bit and get in those hands with them and exploit their mistakes. Just realize that top pair or an overpair is not the nuts.
Pretty much wrong. You can't be afraid to play post flop against bad players. If there are bad players playing a lot of hands then you need open up a bit and get in those hands with them and exploit their mistakes. Just realize that top pair or an overpair is not the nuts.
Well it depends. If there's a super stationy fish in the blinds, I'm not going to be raising hands I might normally open with on the button at a 6max table like 76o, 78o, 98o, etc - basically garbage hands that don't have much value but are still part of my button raising range. Some of these guys tend to be very reluctant to fold, so I'd rather dump these types of hands that won't make much postflop. Against some fish, you can rep scare cards on later streets very profitably. Against others, it's better to just try to make hands (even second or third pair hands) and valuetown them. The main key is just to valuebet a lot thinner.You can open up to an extent, but also tighten up in some areas.
What's funny is how many "good" players actually think they are good.
i'm pretty sure scotty wasn't serious and you're all overreacting and yeah that is one thing i think right now but it's really 2.beer is good.that's 3!
This depends greatly on the lawyer. It's a common misconception that all lawyers are filthy rich. In fact, they are not. Trust me, I've been to law school and seen the job statistics. When you factor in the debt load, the average lawyer isn't getting rich.That said, there are plenty of people who can afford to lose a few thousand dollars a year at poker and it's recreation for them just like any other hobby. Except, it's even better because sometimes they win and then they get a rush from it. But, in order to get that rush they have to gamble high enough to care. Hence, bad players playing at higher stakes.
Please can you give us all some more insight onto these revolutionary theories of yours?

Two things: its probably hard for some of you younger guys to understand, but some guys in their 30s and 40s who play at these limits have a lot of disposable income and just view it as entertainment. They aren't that worried about getting better or how others perceive them and their play. They don't get their self-esteem from poker. Its just a game...and for those that do take it seriously, you should be glad these types are playing.I laugh at some of you just thinking big paying jobs are lawyers, doctors, etc. Many lawyers don't make squat. And the jobs you might think are lame, like working in sales for manufacturers (pick any item in the grocery store and somebody is selling it), these guys make anywhere from $100,000 - $160,00 a year plus bonus. Bottom line: you don't know what you don't know. Don't judge people because you're going to be surprised.