I thought it was entertaining and they really didn't go into to much of the sketchy stuff I am sure that Stu was a part of. But it was worth a watch, I don't plan on buying it though (once you have seen it I don't see a reason for watching it again)

Are you talking about that movie that was on HBO a few months ago called something like "High Roller, The Stu Unger Story"? That was a semi-interesting movie that was worth watching, but I wouldn't purchase it cause you will never watch it a again. Wait and rent it. :club::D

Yeah I agree skip buying it... you won't watch it more than once. I thought the story was flat... you see him win, and in the next scene he's broke. Bleh. Then someone tells you that he wasted it all on horses. Poor writing. Show, don't tell, guys. I thought it was just like "here's a smattering of events" and then they put a title on it.And why the hell was he wearing those sunglasses in the hotel room? Just so we would know it was him?

From a movie standpoint it was a good movie. I'd give it 3.5-4 stars.If you want to watch it for poker action, you will be dissapointed, but, may enjoy the movie itself.Definatly worth a rent. I thought the writing was good, but there were a lot of "gaps" that were left unexplained. The ending is cool. Not the poker game, but finding out who was in his room. That's good writing, taking the "I'm explaining my life story" angle to a different level.Vince Van Patten is in the movie (Pretty boy WPT commentator)! I was lauging.. he's not the best actor.. lol.... Would have rather seen Shana Hiat... She isn't getting any uglier.. that's for sure!

It's worth watching once oddly enough for the Gin Rummy scenes aloneNot bad I'd give it 2.5 out of 4 stars

bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad movie... I was soooooo excited about watching it too. Agree with the poster above--the gin rummy scenes are cool--the rest is poorly acted the story is overwritten the poker is non-existent... bad movie!