short handed tables

Hi guys/gals, Thought I'd give this posting thing a try. I was curious your thoughts on short handed tables (6 handed) vs the 10 handed full tables. I've been playing a lot more 1/2 NL short handed games and liking it a lot. I think there is a lot more emphasis on post flop play due to the fact of a much higher % of players see the flop. The 10 handed games are fun but much require much tighter play. Anyway, the short handed games seem to be getting more and more popular online. Your thoughts? :-)

Your thoughts.
Boy, this mad cow disease. It was around for a while and then it was gone. Your thoughts.Anyway, I love the shorthanded games. It's good for people with decent post flop skills to take advantage of loose action junkies. Best thing since cheeze wiz, imo.

I'm a recently (5 months) converted shorthanded junkie. Here's how I see it: "I'm better at poker than the people at these tables, most of the time. On average, every decision I make earns me some money. The more decisions I can make/hr, the more money I'll win/hr. Shorthanded tables play faster, with an emphasis on marginal decisions. Therefore, I'll make more money playing shorthanded."It requires a different skill set, though, I think. Or at least a different apporoach. Ego can become a much bigger problem. Attacking and defending blinds is more important (especially in limit). Even basic poker skills- like opposition tendencies- are more important. In short, shorthanded play requires a much more perspicacious sort, in my very humble and admittedly crappy opinion.Ice

I personally prefer to play at the shorthanded tables vs. a full ring game. I've found that many players don't properly adjust their strategy in such a game. As stated in previous posts, proper decision compounded more rapidly result in greater profit.For those who are new to shorthanded play, I'd suggest the following.1) Those suited connectors we all love, don't have much value shorthanded. Toss them unless the table is soft with nearly the full table in the hand.2) High card value increases. It is suprising how often the high card will hold up at showdown. Hands such as A2, which are poor in a full ring game, become worthy of a raise shorthanded. The foldequity of such hands makes them very profitable.3)Aggression is magnified shorthanded. You need to be stealing blinds when opportunities are present. If your opponent checks, you need to be betting with your high cards. Don't get carried away with aggression, however. I see many players who simply raise preflop, and automatically bet every street, taking no account of their opponent. Aggression with control is a balance that must be worked on.4)Don't slowplay! You might be allright against a hyper-aggressive player checking the flop with trips, and checkraising the turn, but most often you should simply play your hand straight up. My only problem with shorthanded games is they can sometimes be difficult to handle when multi-tabling. Action comes quickly, so you can find yourself analyzing your situation on three tables simultaneously. I sometimes counteract this by playing two shorthanded tables and one full.