Hating Bush Is Like Hating Paris Hilton

It should also be noted that the "billions and billions of uninsured" (or whatever the number-out-of-the-butt du jour is) includes people who are uninsured *at any point during the year*. So if you switch jobs, and your insurance changes over the weekend, you are part of the healthcare crisis.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody mentions a fact mentioned in Moore's documentary so some of you discredit the validity of the fact. lol, you guys are jokes, just becaue moore used it, doesn't meanit isn't true.we can do this without Moore, that way you won't hide from real facts,according to The National Coalition on Health Care:"Nearly 47 million Americans, or 16 percent of the population, were without health insurance in 2005, the latest government data available.1"http://www.nchc.org/facts/coverage.shtml
National Coalition on Health Care?Those guys are communist sympathizers.they molest puppies.They cheat on their taxes and use the money to support Al Queda.Oh wait, that's the National Coalition on Caring about Health.Nevermind.
It should also be noted that the "billions and billions of uninsured" (or whatever the number-out-of-the-butt du jour is) includes people who are uninsured *at any point during the year*. So if you switch jobs, and your insurance changes over the weekend, you are part of the healthcare crisis.
as are people that aren't sick, and choose to buy sportscars instead of healthcare insurance, even though they can easily afford it.

meh.There is such a condescending tone in these posts that it kills the debate. It's like you are all sitting on your high and mighty conservative chairs, talking with loud obnoxious voices so the entire room hears you guys laughing at each others jokes and counter points, content to be in each others presence and not carring about others around you.Instead of intelligent conversation it turns into partisanship and bickering. that is all, good day.

meh.There is such a condescending tone in these posts that it kills the debate. It's like you are all sitting on your high and mighty conservative chairs, talking with loud obnoxious voices so the entire room hears you guys laughing at each others jokes and counter points, content to be in each others presence and not carring about others around you.Instead of intelligent conversation it turns into partisanship and bickering. that is all, good day.
Lol well you do have to understand that they're frustrated Libertarian Anarchists and the only way they can win debates is to turn to being unintelligent and partisan.
Lol well you do have to understand that they're frustrated Libertarian Anarchists and the only way they can win debates is to turn to being unintelligent and partisan.
Or when you've already won the debate you can tire of re-arguing: Michael Moore as a source, The war in Iraq and why we are there, George Bush and his secret hidden motives, and tax cuts for the rich that have over and over resulted in good things for the whole country being spun to make it into a make believe good old boys system.I'm all for debate, just present one with more of a here's a better way, instead of the other side is evil.I for one want to march them all off a cliff, I just want the democrats and the left in the front of the line.
I'm all for debate, just present one with more of a here's a better way, instead of the other side is evil.I for one want to march them all off a cliff, I just want the democrats and the left in the front of the line.
There is such a condescending tone in these posts that it kills the debate. Instead of intelligent conversation it turns into partisanship and bickering.
I said goodday.
Or when you've already won the debate you can tire of re-arguing
You never won the debat. You argue like a girl. Never allowing something as small as logic, reason or fact get in your way of making a point.
You never won the debat. You argue like a girl. Never allowing something as small as logic, reason or fact get in your way of making a point.
QFT
I said goodday.
YOU'RE A MONSTERAN INHUMAN MONSTERIf Slugworth wants an everlasting gobstopper, then HE IS GOING TO GET ONE!
Tell you what Deft ( you're the non American right? )You pink your single bestest argument why Bush is to be hated, just one, so make it good.Then we can have a nice debate without 10 different thoughts all going at once.I will try to give you an alternative way to think that happens to also be correct.May the best man me win
Tell you what Deft ( you're the non American right? )You pink your single bestest argument why Bush is to be hated, just one, so make it good.Then we can have a nice debate without 10 different thoughts all going at once.I will try to give you an alternative way to think that happens to also be correct.May the best man me win
Grabs Popcorn..... :club:
Grabs Popcorn..... :club:
From Holland so it might be awhile.Man the world already takes our dollar as the bench mark for all currency, when are they going to take our time?

"John McCain has survived three plane crashes, 5 and a 1/2 years in a POW camp, a broken marriage, a financial scandal, his wife's pain killer addiction and Super Tuesday"You are voting for a 2 year in office president. If old age doesn't get him, a plane will.

"John McCain has survived three plane crashes, 5 and a 1/2 years in a POW camp, a broken marriage, a financial scandal, his wife's pain killer addiction and Super Tuesday"You are voting for a 2 year in office president. If old age doesn't get him, a plane will.
Aren't these two statements contradictory?
hmm seems to me that shows that he's a tough old bird which I've never argued against anyway. But we've have 8 years of inflexibility and I don't really want to see any more. By the way, Balloon Guy, that's probably the biggest reason I dislike Bush (hate's too strong a word. I reserve that for child molesters, rapists and serial killers. Though some might argue that Bush is a serial killer, I don't go that far). He's inflexible in his opinion that he's always right. And he hangs in with that opinion no matter what happens. To me, that shows a certain arrogance. Plus he's grown government at a far faster rate than any Democrat has in the last 8 years. He's started or tried to start programs who's only purpose is the spy on innocent Amercans going about their business without much cause. And I'm not talking about the Patriot Act. I'm talking about NAIS and Real ID. That in and of itself is enough reason for me to dislike him. When it comes down to government interferring in my financial life or my private life I'll pick letting them interfere in my financial life first. My private life is my own and as long as I'm not breaking any laws, the government has no business spying on it.
My private life is my own and as long as I'm not breaking any laws, the government has no business spying on it.
I had planned to make a joke abuot wait till there's government healthcare, then they will very much have a right to examine your life, their paying for it. Look at tabacco lawsuits and the government's reason for compensation to understand why.But the real question I have is do you want the government to stop terrorist before they blow something up? Or only arrest them and make them pay after they blow something up?If finding terrorist means making it possible to listen to phone calls and flag certain words, then we've been under that facist state for decades.
Thanks Rob. You saved me a lot of typing and research. I appreciate that.
Your welcome
Aren't these two statements contradictory?
Good catchConsider us even
Coesillian, don't be such a fucking baby.You presented what you thought was a valid fact. It was then shown to you that the number MM presents as the number of uninsureds in America isn't quite as clear an example as you thought. MM just used this statistic because it was the most outrageous he could find. He looked for a statistic that included every possible person without insurance at any point during the year, to help out his shock movie making.No one is going to question this statistic, and MM knows he won't ever have to explain it. Go ahead and present another argument, preferably one from Sicko. Please?As far as 45 million people being uninsured, "So, how many are truly uninsured? Around eight million. Just 18% of the 45 million that we hear about so often."**David Gratzer, The Cure: How Capitalism Can Save American Health Care (New York: Encounter Books, 2006), page 87.

This is how my information train goes.Rush Limbaugh [Edits out all of the liberal biasness] ------------> Balloonguy [Edits out all the Rush long-windiness and adds funny] ---------------------> Me [Now I don't have to think anymore] I'm 95% serious here

But the real question I have is do you want the government to stop terrorist before they blow something up? Or only arrest them and make them pay after they blow something up?
This statement implies that drowning the intelligence agencies under mountains of false leads caused by spying on innocent people will in some way make us safer. It won't.9/11 could've been prevented. All the necessary information was there. Why wasn't it prevented? Because the intelligence agencies were too busy sifting through false leads. Instead of following a few promising ones, they were attempting to cover their ass by not dropping any of them. Adding even *more* innocent people to the list of dead-end leads that need investigation will make us less safe.And then there's the whole issue that these illegally acquired phone calls will of course, never, ever, be used for political or other nefarious purposes. Trust the govt. They're here to help.
This statement implies that drowning the intelligence agencies under mountains of false leads caused by spying on innocent people will in some way make us safer. It won't.9/11 could've been prevented. All the necessary information was there. Why wasn't it prevented? Because the intelligence agencies were too busy sifting through false leads. Instead of following a few promising ones, they were attempting to cover their ass by not dropping any of them. Adding even *more* innocent people to the list of dead-end leads that need investigation will make us less safe.And then there's the whole issue that these illegally acquired phone calls will of course, never, ever, be used for political or other nefarious purposes. Trust the govt. They're here to help.
Let's give them healthcare then.
I had planned to make a joke abuot wait till there's government healthcare, then they will very much have a right to examine your life, their paying for it. Look at tabacco lawsuits and the government's reason for compensation to understand why.But the real question I have is do you want the government to stop terrorist before they blow something up? Or only arrest them and make them pay after they blow something up?If finding terrorist means making it possible to listen to phone calls and flag certain words, then we've been under that facist state for decades.
Please explain how putting electronic tags in animal's ears and making farmers tell the government their every move protects us from terrorists again? Tell me why Real ID is more than just another unfunded mandate on the states to impliment and also explain to me why it's going to help us find terrorists? Why is tracking law-abiding Americans and animals is going to prevent terrorism? And yes it might be used benignly today but what about tomorrow? What about when someone who has a different agenda gets in power and decides to use those provisions in the Patriot Act to take out political opponents? Take a listen to our Montana governor on Real ID:http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=87991791
Please explain how putting electronic tags in animal's ears and making farmers tell the government their every move protects us from terrorists again? Tell me why Real ID is more than just another unfunded mandate on the states to impliment and also explain to me why it's going to help us find terrorists? Why is tracking law-abiding Americans and animals is going to prevent terrorism? And yes it might be used benignly today but what about tomorrow? What about when someone who has a different agenda gets in power and decides to use those provisions in the Patriot Act to take out political opponents? Take a listen to our Montana governor on Real ID:http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=87991791
I'll give you Real ID is step one to the Mark of the Beast.But don't you see the benifit of finally catching the aliens in the act of cattle mutilations?