Please Help Me Resolve This Argument!

Assuming you call and one winner and five losers:AA is 50% to win preflop and it holds up: $20M.Your AA loses: The five losers, including you, win $4.2M each.You fold: Four losers win $2.75M each and you're guaranteed $10M if you finish 2nd. Then, two double ups and you've got a 2:1 chip lead. If you win: $20M.

Is this on absolute? Cause there I call.On PokerStars I foldOn Fulltilt I flip a coinLive I call and slow rollHome game I hit the dealer for messing with the deckPlay money? I go to cardplayer and get the correct odds.
:club:

6 players with exactly even chip stacks (not realistic stupid scenario) I would fold. I guess on the first hand of a sit and go which is clearly not what the OP was referencing you could have equal chip stacks and I would call their with normal payout structures. Against random chip stacks and players who have any clue at all I would obviously call.

Is this on absolute? Cause there I call.On PokerStars I foldOn Fulltilt I flip a coinLive I call and slow rollHome game I hit the dealer for messing with the deckPlay money? I go to cardplayer and get the correct odds.
[x] This post delivers.

LOL at those who say this could never happen. Let me paint you a picture.Six wealth businessmen agree to play a one table tourney, each putting up 6.83 million and agreeing to the prize structure mentioned.Player one, on hand one, looks down to see AA. In an effort to mix up his play, he open-shoves.Player two looks down to see KK. He figures the only hands that could push like that are smaller pairs and possibly AK. Either way he figures to be a huge favorite, so he calls.Player three read somewhere that you should never fold a all in bet preflop if given 2-1 odds, so he makes the auto-all with 87 suited.Player four, incredulous at the action in front of him, asks “All in?” in a questioning tone, but it is ruled as a binding verbal bet and he is forced in with 10-4 off.Player five is an idiot who thinks QQ must be good.Interestingly, in this scenario, each AA is only 16% to win and the favorite is the 87.So, fold, obv.

The difference between 2nd and a chopped 5 way is, as someone calculated above as almost $6 million. I guess if $6 million is a big deal to you (it sure would be for me), it's an insta fold. If I got $100 mill in the bank, it's a call. Even in folding, like someone else stated your still playing heads up for the other $10 mil and since the blinds aren't high, there's still plenty of play left.And when I fold I flip over my hand and yell "I can dodge bullets baby !!!" to show the eventual winner I am crazy.

LOL at those who say this could never happen. Let me paint you a picture.Six wealth businessmen agree to play a one table tourney, each putting up 6.83 million and agreeing to the prize structure mentioned.Player one, on hand one, looks down to see AA. In an effort to mix up his play, he open-shoves.Player two looks down to see KK. He figures the only hands that could push like that are smaller pairs and possibly AK. Either way he figures to be a huge favorite, so he calls.Player three read somewhere that you should never fold a all in bet preflop if given 2-1 odds, so he makes the auto-all with 87 suited.Player four, incredulous at the action in front of him, asks “All in?” in a questioning tone, but it is ruled as a binding verbal bet and he is forced in with 10-4 off.Player five is an idiot who thinks QQ must be good.Interestingly, in this scenario, each AA is only 16% to win and the favorite is the 87.So, fold, obv.
lol. interesting way to look at it. However, still highly unlikely to occur. I was amused though.
Thanks for giving us a plausible sitituation
This is completely unlikelyGetting 6 wealthy business men to be able to schedule the same day from work is not likely.Better to say 6 trust fund babies
LOL at those who say this could never happen. Let me paint you a picture.Six wealth businessmen agree to play a one table tourney, each putting up 6.83 million and agreeing to the prize structure mentioned.
The odds of me being one of those six wealthy businessmen are slim to none :club: I'm folding my way to a probable 10 mil
This is completely unlikelyGetting 6 wealthy business men to be able to schedule the same day from work is not likely.Better to say 6 trust fund babies
Whatever... You can get 6 business men together at the same time. I do it by taking them golfing. If the course is nice enough, expensive enough, they will show up at just about any time.. poker could be after.of course the after is usually tough cuz their wives make them come home right away.
When you put it that way, I have no idea what people were thinking when they said it wasn't realistic. I was at a home game where something similar happened just last week.
When you put it that way, I have no idea what people were thinking when they said it wasn't realistic. I was at a home game where something similar happened just last week.
Thanks for the invite....Dick