• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... looks pretty legit... just a matter of how much sleep i'm gonna get when it finally releases...
and i also want to spend "40 quid on the new version of football manager"
crap...i just bid on a ps3 on ebay with 12 minutes left, thinking that I'd get outbid...and low and behold I didn't. Now a new ps3 is on it's way for $455.
80gb...that review has gotten me pretty siked.
ohhhhhh............GG patience.I'm not sitting here being jealous or anything. I'm standing
ohhhhhh............GG patience.I'm not sitting here being jealous or anything. I'm standing
haha, It was gonna happen sometime anyway. I just really didn't expect my bid to hold up, not that I got a great price or anything, it's just that I placed my bid with 12 minutes left to go. Usually the last 10 minutes are when most of the bidding happens.

"Of course, to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content (DLC) coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way. DLC so far has meant the odd new car, jumper of bit of horse armour, but GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."sounds good to mehttp://www.playthree.net/2008/04/cvg-gta-i...igger-than.html

"Of course, to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content (DLC) coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way. DLC so far has meant the odd new car, jumper of bit of horse armour, but GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."sounds good to mehttp://www.playthree.net/2008/04/cvg-gta-i...igger-than.html
Amazing, can't wait.
I've seen that floating around at other sites too, sounds like Microsoft is going to be getting quite a bit out of that 50 million they paid for the exclusive content.This review is also interesting, check out this about the environment.
Steve started walking Niko through the city while he spoke to me about various features in the game...more music than ever...lots of Eastern European music that hasn't been released in America...very cool stuff. But perhaps the coolest thing I saw while he was playing was when he stopped touching the controller. Niko stood still while Steve was occupied with something and right there, a taxi got rear-ended by another car.What followed was pure magic.The cabbie and the guy who hit the taxi jumped out of their cars and approached each other. Once they got in to each others' face the fists started flying. Meanwhile, cars are honking for the two vehicles to get out of the way. The two keep slugging away and a cop pulls up. He jumps out with his pistol drawn and both men throw their hands to the sky, surrendering. The cop then drags the cabbie away (he punched first), puts him in the backseat of the cop car and drives off. The other driver returns to his car, gets in and pulls away.Holy shit.This whole routine was not staged...it just happened, and we were just there in the right spot to catch it all.Stuff like that...subtle things, like bumping in to someone with your shoulder makes them give you a dirty look as they walk past...authentic dialects from all over the world...all of this makes this game excellent.

Screw the UPS for not leaving my ps3 on the porch or at least delivering it to my apartment's clubhouse where it can be signed for like I requested with a note that's taped to my door.I plan on heading to Gamestop after work to trade in my ps2 and used it toward a preorder of GTA IV.

So many games I want to get.I'll probably trade in my Woods 07 and 08 as well as NBA Street... but do I get COD 4, MLB Show or GTA IV? I want them all.
Never played The Show, but there's no way I could tell you to get either COD4 or GTA IV, COD is amazing and GTA will be.
So many games I want to get.I'll probably trade in my Woods 07 and 08 as well as NBA Street... but do I get COD 4, MLB Show or GTA IV? I want them all.
why not all three...

Tomorrow I get to drive to the UPS warehouse to pick up my PS3. UPS won't deliver it unless someone 21 or older is at my address sometime between 8am and 7pm to sign for it. Since my roommates and I work 8:30-5 everyday that makes it tough.Anyway...I just won a copy of Assassin's Creed on ebay. Should I play this or GTA IV first? (traded in my ps2 and got $45 towards a preorder of GTA IV)192 hours 43 minutes until I can pick up my copy of GTA IV @ gamestop.

Tomorrow I get to drive to the UPS warehouse to pick up my PS3. UPS won't deliver it unless someone 21 or older is at my address sometime between 8am and 7pm to sign for it. Since my roommates and I work 8:30-5 everyday that makes it tough.Anyway...I just won a copy of Assassin's Creed on ebay. Should I play this or GTA IV first? (traded in my ps2 and got $45 towards a preorder of GTA IV)192 hours 43 minutes until I can pick up my copy of GTA IV @ gamestop.
GTA first, obvThis game is going to be the greatest thing ever made, I know it.
Which ever one you receive first is the one you should play.They are both completely different games, and fun in their own right.
I'm trying to get 100% in Saints Row as sort of a warm up for GTA4.I'm at 80 now, it's starting to become a grind.
True that. I can only manage about 1-2 hrs a day before the game bores me. I am at 71% right now.