In Deep Sh*t With The Wife

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to GA meetings and listen to some testimonials, you'll find that you don't really have a gambling addiction but more of a poker habit. Listen to those people who've hit bottom and then re-asses your term addiction. Your wife sounds solid. I hope you find a new hobby that gives you pleasure.

If you go to GA meetings and listen to some testimonials, you'll find that you don't really have a gambling addiction but more of a poker habit. Listen to those people who've hit bottom and then re-asses your term addiction. Your wife sounds solid. I hope you find a new hobby that gives you pleasure.
There are varying levels of addiction. Just because he hasn't let it totally consume/destroy his life doesn't mean that he doesn't have a problem that he should seek help for. He's just smarter/more fortunate than other people and is doing something about it before anything really really bad has happened...
3) Stop trying to say others have worse problems. Yea, some people have lost more money than you. They are usually single, and in school or poker pros. They arent making posts saying 'zomg my wife is gonna bobbitt me what should i do'. This is your problem. Saying to your wife "i lost $2000, but someone on FCP lost $2001" isnt really gonna make the situation better, right?4) Don't ask for real life advice on FCP. We don't know you or your wife (well... insert jokes here... or insert something here... Or... well... yes), this is your situation. You know her, you know how she'll react to the truth, to a lie. You need to decide whats best for you, your wife, and your marriage. Not 100 poker playing strangers.
/thread
I'm still going with the "dead" thing. Either that, or a great majority of his time is now being consumed by GA meetings, dishes and laundry. I don't think this was a joke.
I have already contacted a gamblers anonymous group and will be meeting there to figure out why I got so over my head. ...
Good luck sir. You can probably keep reading forums and stuff if you like since you'll still be learning without playing and it will leave you somewhat connected to the poker community if you like. But really, best of luck :club:
Seconded.
Hasn't he been through enough?
< chuckle >

Good Luck to you. It sounds like things went as well as they could.and now a tongue-in-cheek suggestion:Come up with another hobby: GolfStart spending every Saturday and Sunday at the course. Get in a quick nine after work a couple of times a week, or at least stop by the driving range. Tell her your driver sucks, so you'll need the new $800 one you saw at the pro shop. Instead of Vegas, plan a trip to Pebble Beach. Plan on being home on 4 specific weekends, but spend the entire time glued to the tv watching the Masters, US Open, British Open, and the PGA.When she complains, tell her at least golf is a healthy habit (I don't think there's a golfaholics anonymous).

"honey...i need to tell you........i have a gambling problem....i lost most of our money from that account, and i'm so sorry.......i admit i have a problem, and i'm going to fix it. Already i've signed up to get help, i will be attending one of the best gambling addict rehab centers in the world.....i'm going to go to vegas, they have the best help for gambling over there because thats where so many addicts are. I am going to vegas for you, and to make sure this never happens again"then go to vegas..win the money back, come back pretending u've been in rehab...gg

"honey...i need to tell you........i have a gambling problem....i lost most of our money from that account, and i'm so sorry.......i admit i have a problem, and i'm going to fix it. Already i've signed up to get help, i will be attending one of the best gambling addict rehab centers in the world.....i'm going to go to vegas, they have the best help for gambling over there because thats where so many addicts are. I am going to vegas for you, and to make sure this never happens again"then go to vegas..win the money back, come back pretending u've been in rehab...gg
genius
genius
yeah...and if he loses more money......say it was spent on the rehab.......thats what u'd expect from the best gambler anonymous clinic in the world...this plan was foolproof
yeah...and if he loses more money......say it was spent on the rehab.......thats what u'd expect from the best gambler anonymous clinic in the world...this plan was foolproof
FYP
Getting treatment would cost more than the 1350 he spent on poker in two years.
Good Luck to you. It sounds like things went as well as they could.and now a tongue-in-cheek suggestion:Come up with another hobby: GolfStart spending every Saturday and Sunday at the course. Get in a quick nine after work a couple of times a week, or at least stop by the driving range. Tell her your driver sucks, so you'll need the new $800 one you saw at the pro shop. Instead of Vegas, plan a trip to Pebble Beach. Plan on being home on 4 specific weekends, but spend the entire time glued to the tv watching the Masters, US Open, British Open, and the PGA.When she complains, tell her at least golf is a healthy habit (I don't think there's a golfaholics anonymous).
couldn't resist when i came across this51SBnVujliL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
I don't think that most people who said he has a gambling problem were referring to the fact that he lost 2 grand (and I KNOW I wasn't). It's about the fact that this dude was 1) playing with money that wasn't really his to gamble with in the first place. It would be one thing if he's using disposable income (entertainment money) to play a little poker. It's another to take money out of a joint school savings account behind your wife's back. 2) He'd lose his deposit (or most of it) then redeposit and gamble to try to win back the money he lost. When you're gambling to try to win back money you lost gambling, imo, that's the sign of a problem. Whether it's $5 or $50K, it's a problem when you're trying to cover gambling debts by gambling some more. That's where I see the OP having a problem. It has nothing to do with amount of money and everything to do with the surrounding circumstances.
Most of us said that in our posts, but some people here do not have the best reading comprehension skills.
Name: Lewis CashLocation: Bend, OregonHe has a blog. This is easy info.
Just saying.....the guy in the news as being "the first pregnant man" is also from Bend, Oregon. There could be more to this story.....
OK, here it is. This was not a joke, as badly as I wanted it to be.
Best of luck OP in dealing with this
just saw this threaddamn...funny responsesOP...sorry bro...and least you can get a woman...take pride in that
I still think a pic of his wife would have made this thread complete.