In Deep Sh*t With The Wife

withdraw $500, convince some one to loan you the other $1500 and convince your dad to say he took it out. Stop sucking at poker and win $1500 to pay back what you owe.
LOL. DING DING DING. Go back to grinding -- it'll test your real discipline.
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past two years, I have withdrawn $2000 ($500, 4 different times) from that account without her knowing to play online. My plan was to win it back and withdraw enough to repay the money I have taken out. Obv that has not gone to plan.
Admit you have a gambling problem, that's the first step.You screwed up big and you deserve the full wrath your wife will rain down on you.
withdraw $500, convince some one to loan you the other $1500 and convince your dad to say he took it out. Stop sucking at poker and win $1500 to pay back what you owe.
My dad would laugh at me and tell me to stop sucking at poker and stick to the horses and sports betting.

How much do you have budgeted your Vegas trip later this month? You may get a penalty for cancelling your air tickets (if you are flying), but you can get a full refund on your hotel plus whatever you were planning on spending on gambling, food, entertainment, etc. Combine this with the $650 left in your account and I bet you are fairly close to $2000. I know this is not the answer you want to hear as everyone loves going to Vegas, but you need to admit to your wife what happened and tell her this is the sacrifice you are going to make to rectify the situation.

How much do you have budgeted your Vegas trip later this month? You may get a penalty for cancelling your air tickets (if you are flying), but you can get a full refund on your hotel plus whatever you were planning on spending on gambling, food, entertainment, etc. Combine this with the $650 left in your account and I bet you are fairly close to $2000. I know this is not the answer you want to hear as everyone loves going to Vegas, but you need to admit to your wife what happened and tell her this is the sacrifice you are going to make to rectify the situation.
i bet all of your wits and smarts are located in that mustache
Do you know how many grinders in Vegas you just pissed off?

I still think my answer was the best. I mean seriously, why deposit $500 each time? Should've started out small just to see how you would fare. Your problem kept snowballing because you kept trying to win back what you lost and you probably played waaaaaaay over your head thinking that maybe in just one session you would be able to double your buy-in, that didn't work so you tried it again. You probably should've stopped after your first time. I mean it seems you have a problem. You definitely need to man up and tell her and you get what you deserve.Of course, if you don't want her to find out then I suggest you give my original answer some serious thought.

i bet all of your wits and smarts are located in that mustache
Hmmm this is possible, I should shave it as an experiment! Nah, don't want to wait another 6 or 7 years for it to grow back.
Do you know how many grinders in Vegas you just pissed off?
So true.
Actually I've thought of a better idea. If your wife is good looking I'll pay you $2000 to sleep with her while you watch. Thats a pretty solid deal imo.
Ok, maybe that's a better idea than mine.$2100!!
Get better at poker.Play within your means.But first and foremost - you need to own up to it with the wife. Something I couldn't do - thus, I am single.If you want a secret account, get a secret account.Pro Player Drink FTWSorry, dude, you are in trouble. No way to know what kind of marriage you have so who knows how it will end up.Good Luck!BTW - you going to play in the Neg-O this quarter?
It's only 2 Grand. If this is a deal breaker they got bigger problems. I remember when I paid cash for a nice souped up Bronco and had it for 2 weeks, blew the engine out in the desert and it sat there for a year. My wife got over it,but it's not a deal breaker. Be a man, tell her the truth and pay the money back over time, or don't pay it back, whatever- WTF kind of world is this when our men can't make mistakes like men should?
Ok, maybe that's a better idea than mine.$2100!!
well as my good friend bubba always use to say ..... "I may not be able to get anyone to pay 1 million dollars for a night with my wife like in that movie Indecent Proposal, but I'm pretty damn sure I can get $20 fifty thousand times"
looks like you'll have to find a new dumb fat ugly chick to marry you, shouldnt be all that tough really.
What is with people attacking family members on here lately? Make fun of the people on the forum, not family and significant others. IMO that is pretty banable.
What is with people attacking family members on here lately? Make fun of the people on the forum, not family and significant others. IMO that is pretty banable.
Agreed, that doesn't help and it will probably drive the price down.
Does your boyfriend agree with that stance?

Honestly, this is not a deal breaker for the wife and I. She will be with me after this for sure. I am confident about that.It is only $2000 and we both have full time jobs and whatnot, so its not like its all the money we have that we are going to be out on the street or anything. I still pay my bills and I still have electricity and whatnot. In fact, it is only 10% of our school savings... so its not the end of the world.The problem is she (for pretty valid reasons) will not want me to play poker anymore. And that makes me sad. I have lost $1350 online in over two years, I think that ALOT of people on here have done worse, yes? I still think that I can improve my poker game and potentially become a long term winning player, so it makes me sad that I will probably have to give it up. As far as Vegas goes, the flight was just $100, the hotel is free (my buddy won three free nights at the Wynn), and my dad was planning on supplementing my live roll (including buying me food), which is at just over $300. So where it stands is that I have $650 in my account and about $300 in cash. So its not all that bad. The bummer is that I want to keep playing, especially to clear my bonus! But whatever, I think that I have come to terms with the fact that lying about my deceit is going to lead me down a really bad road... one that I don't want to go down because I am very happily married... and to a hottie nevertheless. I think, no, I know that I am going to come clean after work today and just tel here everything. Maybe she'll let me keep like $100 in the account and I can grind it to make to the bonus, but we'll just have to see about that.

It's only 2 Grand. If this is a deal breaker they got bigger problems. I remember when I paid cash for a nice souped up Bronco and had it for 2 weeks, blew the engine out in the desert and it sat there for a year. My wife got over it, but it's not a deal breaker. Be a man, tell her the truth and pay the money back over time, or don't pay it back, whatever- WTF kind of world is this when our men can't make mistakes like men should?
Also a reasonable post. If she's like 95% of the "wives" I've seen in action, this is a small sin.